the_engineer

Law And Order

The Ginsburg brouhaha, though completely avoidable, at least had the "with hindsight" tone of it all. And the weird godlike status many Dems accorded her. They'd never forgive Breyer if he didn't retire with the hindsight of her death and its aftermath.

• Like 1

The first Hispanic/Latino person to serve on the Pierce County (WA) Superior Court bench has died, the county announced.

Sergio Armijo was 75. The county did not disclose his cause of death.

Armijo served as a Pierce County Superior Court judge in Department 9 for 15 years.  

In 2008, he lost a re-election bid to attorney Michael Hecht and returned to private practice.  In 2013, Armijo was reprimanded by the Washington State Bar Association for violating professional rules of conduct in missing client’s hearings, according to News Tribune archives.

SC

Edwin F. Flowers, a former West Virginia Supreme Court justice, has died. He was 91. Flowers served in that role from 1975 to 1977, after which he became a bankruptcy judge.

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/ap/state/former-wv-supreme-court-justice-bankruptcy-judge-dies/article_250eb3bd-f81a-50f3-b9b9-3fad4e1d4d4e.html?utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

A bit of a miss for my Made in Detroit team:

Avern Cohn, a retired federal judge who heard cases into his 90s, has died at age 97, a court spokesman said Saturday.

Cohn died Friday after a brief illness,

Nominated by President Jimmy Carter, Cohn was a federal judge in Detroit for 40 years until stepping down in 2019 at age 95.

SC

• Like 1

A former state district judge who also served on an appellate court in Louisiana has died while under hospice care.

Joseph “David” Painter died Friday, Johnson Funeral Home in Lake Charles confirmed, KPLC-TV reported. A specific cause of death was not released. He was 84.

SC

Cressida Dick to resign.

Has resigned.

Ch4 News reporting.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Cressida Dick to resign.

Has resigned.

Ch4 News reporting.

:lol: Resigned my arse.  She's been sacked. :lol:

She was saying literally a few hours ago that she had no intention of resigning. :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Toast said:

:lol: Resigned my arse.  She's been sacked. :lol:

She was saying literally a few hours ago that she had no intention of resigning. :lol::lol::lol:

One of those when you offered the chance of resigning and if you refuse you are sacked.

I bet they call her Dick van Dyke.

I don’t understand why she should resign.

She didn’t instruct one of her officers to rape and murder Sarah Everard any more than she instructed the rank and file to be misogynistic racists.

28 minutes ago, Windsor said:

I don’t understand why she should resign.

She didn’t instruct one of her officers to rape and murder Sarah Everard any more than she instructed the rank and file to be misogynistic racists.

I invite you to come live down here in London.

It’s lawless.

Now to turn the attention on the candidates to replace Dick.

Dido Harding, perhaps?

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I invite you to come live down here in London.

It’s lawless.

Yes, but she doesn’t tell the criminals to go out stabbing and shit. She can’t control that…

I’ll take your local word for it. :P

25 minutes ago, TQR said:

Now to turn the attention on the candidates to replace Dick.

Dido Harding, perhaps?

Replacing a Dick with a Dildo - it’s worked before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A former Louisiana Supreme Court Justice and Lake Charles resident has died.

Judge Jack C. Watson, who served 17 years on the Louisiana State Supreme Court, died Friday evening at age 93.

Watson also served as a Lake Charles city prrosecutor and assistant Calcasieu Parish district attorney, a judge at the 14th Judicial District Court and a judge at the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.

SC

• Like 1

Robert Rose, a former Nevada Supreme Court chief justice who served 18 years on the state high court after previously serving as lieutenant governor, has died. He was 82.  Location and cause of death were not immediately available.

He Rose from the dead.

SC

• Like 1

Judge Daniel Walsh ascended to the judiciary in 1969, serving as a judge on the 87th Judicial District of Michigan and the 46th Judicial Circuit of Michigan. He then served as a judge on the Michigan Court of Appeals from 1975 to 1988. As State Court Administrator, he was requested by the Supreme Court in 1983 to temporarily take over the administration of the State trial courts and devise procedures to improve the Michigan court systems. His venerable reputation was such that following Justice Antonin Scalia's appointment to the Supreme Court in 1986, Judge Walsh was asked by the United States Attorney General's office to submit himself for consideration to replace Justice Scalia on the Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia.

Judge Daniel Francis Walsh, 91, died on February 19, 2022 at his home in Savannah, Georgia.

SC

• Like 1

Telegraph obit for Sir Charles Gray QC (wiki), British barrister and judge who famously ruled against historian David Irving for his Holocaust denial views.

He was 79, and obituary is worth a read. Fascinating career.

• Like 1

Peter Smithwick (wiki) an irish judge, and chairman and sole member of the Smithwick Tribunal has died at 85

• Like 1

US Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas hospitalized with "flu-like symptoms". Said to be on the mend. 

• Like 2