DevonDeathTrip

Glen Campbell

On 02/06/2017 at 01:37, RobertMugabe said:

Why are we picking these people that nobody has heard of, this site used to be good, but now we are picking people just cos they are ill, not famous. 

Mug-abe

You're fried, right?

And your wife has your login details for this site!

26 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

I am going to ask nicely STOP TALKING TO ME. All you fucking do is undermine me at every opportunity. Go be a prick to someone else.

I don't think I'm showing my true self here, am I? Generally, I am a very kind and very open minded person, but I definitely haven't been showing that to you. I'm guessing that's probably because there are some really nasty things that you said on the forum that I can't seem to get past, and therefore . I really hate violent messages, and some of the things that you said definitely fall into that category. However, the last one was two to three months ago, and for some reason, I can't seem to get past them. Actually, I think it's because you never gave an apology for those things you said (and if you did, I apologize for not reading it), but I will give an apology for my immature behavior against you. I don't think my mind was necessarily on the right track when making some of the comments against you. Just so you know, even though you never gave a formal apology, I do forgive you for your behavior that you did. I hope we can both move past this so the forum can be better.

30 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I don't think I'm showing my true self here, am I? Generally, I am a very kind and very open minded person, but I definitely haven't been showing that to you. I'm guessing that's probably because there are some really nasty things that you said on the forum that I can't seem to get past, and therefore . I really hate violent messages, and some of the things that you said definitely fall into that category. However, the last one was two to three months ago, and for some reason, I can't seem to get past them. Actually, I think it's because you never gave an apology for those things you said (and if you did, I apologize for not reading it), but I will give an apology for my immature behavior against you. I don't think my mind was necessarily on the right track when making some of the comments against you. Just so you know, even though you never gave a formal apology, I do forgive you for your behavior that you did. I hope we can both move past this so the forum can be better.

I apologised to them in their PMS its not your job to be the morality police here andforgive you.

6 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

I apologised to them in their PMS its not your job to be the morality police here andforgive you.

Jesus, all I was doing was to try to move on (I forgot about pm's), but that last part honestly hurts my feelings.

Awww don't spoil it now, it was getting quite romantic and I thought love was maybe in the air?

:wub::wub:

• Like 4

This thread is about a coutry singer. Go to Errol Christie's thread for a boxing match!

• Like 4

There is a greatest hits album now out.

I do love a bit of Glen but, surely, they could have waited till  AFTER he pops his whatsits so that they could sell even more! 

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I do love a bit of Glen but, surely, they could have waited till  AFTER he pops his whatsits so that they could sell even more! 

I bet you love Glen, I always see you on here saying you like all these gay singers, like Erasure, Elton John, George Michael, , Soft Cell etc.

On 6/1/2017 at 19:37, RobertMugabe said:

Why are we picking these people that nobody has heard of, this site used to be good, but now we are picking people just cos they are ill, not famous. 

8 minutes ago, RobertMugabe said:

I bet you love Glen, I always see you on here saying you like all these gay singers, like Erasure, Elton John, George Michael, , Soft Cell etc.

Mugabe, one of the biggest contradictors in the world. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

They're just making sure that there's product already available on supermarket shelves for when he does pop his clogs. Record companies have done it many times before.

• Like 1

I have never really listened to much Glen (country music definitely isn't my thing) but just came across this version of the William Tell Overture. Didn't realise he was a good instrumental guitarist as well a singer:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

I have never really listened to much Glen (country music definitely isn't my thing) but just came across this version of the William Tell Overture. Didn't realise he was a good instrumental guitarist as well a singer:

He actually had some Excellent songs to consider listening to. Galviston: an anti-Vietnam War song. Rhinestone Cowboy: the film concerns him wanting to free/help a horse (early animal right film)  in addition to the corruption and immorality of the entertainment industry.  

• Like 1

Live orchestras are fantastic. I wish they'd bring them back for Eurovision.

1 hour ago, theoldlady said:

He actually had some Excellent songs to consider listening to. Galviston: an anti-Vietnam War song. Rhinestone Cowboy: the film concerns him wanting to free/help a horse (early animal right film)  in addition to the corruption and immorality of the entertainment industry.  

Cool!  Might have to check him out then.  Might make a country fan of me yet...  Trust me to start  liking his music at the moment when he can no longer produce any... :P  

He seems quite radical by country music standards.  Did he get booed off stage much by rednecks, a la the Dixie Chicks?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Cool!  Might have to check him out then.  Might make a country fan of me yet...  Trust me to start  liking his music at the moment when he can no longer produce any... :P  

He seems quite radical by country music standards.  Did he get booed off stage much by rednecks, a la the Dixie Chicks?

No, no one booed him. Galviston is a love song of a young soldier missing his girlfriend. The anti-war sentiment ran high at that time. The backslash that the Dixie-Chicks experienced is because of the treatment the returning Vietnam veterans received after they returned from Vietnam. Many were spit on and blamed for the war - that the politicians and the Western military-industrial complex actually created. The collective shame of the USA after they realised how horribly they treated those young men, many who were just 18-22 years old at the time, now has made people go a little bit wrong to the other direction: Somehow the situation has turned that being critical to all the wars going on is the SAME as being critical to the individual soldiers. It is hard to explain.

(I have not heard Glenn´s new songs - I am hoping it is not as sad and difficult to listen to as Johnny Cash´s last album - you could hear his dying Voice in those songs. You might want to start with Glenn´s earlier songs first.) 

• Like 1

@theoldlady I did a bit of research and I found there are a few interesting political country and western songs out there:  Johnny Cash did one called "What is Truth?" and a lady named Iris DeMent did one called "Wasteland of the Free" and copped hell from the rednecks.

Lyrics:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/johnnycash/whatistruth.html

http://www.absolutelyrics.com/lyrics/view/iris_dement/wasteland_of_the_free

• Like 1

He will die between 2017 and 2018.

Isn't Deathlist a not for Prophet organisation?

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Prophet said:

He will die between 2017 and 2018.

Wait, so your telling me there's a year between 2017 and 2018? Thank you for this new knowledge that I would've never gotten had it not been for you. 

Sorry, my english is not so good.

13 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Wait, so your telling me there's a year between 2017 and 2018? Thank you for this new knowledge that I would've never gotten had it not been for you. 

Major props for picking on newcomers, you are not being an arrogant torchecul at all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ObakeFilter said:

Major props for picking on newcomers, you are not being an arrogant torchecul at all.

He is learning for his master LFN. LFN and his cronies are nothing but big bullies.

20 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

He is learning for his master LFN. LFN and his cronies are nothing but big bullies.

I can tell you for certain that LFN is not my master. He hates me as much as he hates you.

I think this behavior from a lot of the members come from them picking on guests to newcomers once guests were no longer allowed to post. That post wasn't supposed to hurt btw. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

And don't sound like your all innocent. When I first joined the forums the day after Muhammad Ali's death, I made a lot of really dumb posts, with a lot of people bullying me, including yourself. You have made fun of people in the past and has even gone to the point of wishing death on members or saying people should be banned when you weren't allowed to enter the deathlist cup cause of your bad behavior, something that you're hopefully past by now. 

Because I'm open minded, I stayed through continued criticism and bullying from certain members, though the majority of them has become more accepting of me. Comments that come from grammatical mistakes seem to be perfectly acceptable (and had he mentioned the poor English beforehand, I wouldn't of made that comment that I thought was pretty funny tbh), as well as comments when people don't seem to have a lot of knowledge on certain areas, (Liz Dawn a couple days ago for example), but none of those comments are meant to be of any harm. Now, I'm not innocent by any means, but that's just my take on these things.