DevonDeathTrip

Glen Campbell

44 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I can tell you for certain that LFN is not my master. He hates me as much as he hates you.

I think this behavior from a lot of the members come from them picking on guests to newcomers once guests were no longer allowed to post. That post wasn't supposed to hurt btw. 

Plenty of newbies have joined and they havent been 'picked on' by me or anybody else.

I dont hate you, i have no opinion of you.

Stop being a twat, feeding trolls isnt what we do here.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

And don't sound like your all innocent. When I first joined the forums the day after Muhammad Ali's death, I made a lot of really dumb posts, with a lot of people bullying me, including yourself. You have made fun of people in the past and has even gone to the point of wishing death on members or saying people should be banned when you weren't allowed to enter the deathlist cup cause of your bad behavior, something that you're hopefully past by now. 

Because I'm open minded, I stayed through continued criticism and bullying from certain members, though the majority of them has become more accepting of me. Comments that come from grammatical mistakes seem to be perfectly acceptable (and had he mentioned the poor English beforehand, I wouldn't of made that comment that I thought was pretty funny tbh), as well as comments when people don't seem to have a lot of knowledge on certain areas, (Liz Dawn a couple days ago for example), but none of those comments are meant to be of any harm. Now, I'm not innocent by any means, but that's just my take on these things.

It must be said that Joey is less dick like than he was when he first appeared

• Like 2

Joey's cool enough.

He over-analyses to a manner even Woody Allen would advise against sometimes (see above), but then, that comes with age.

But yeah, don't feed stirrers.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, msc said:

Joey's cool enough.

He over-analyses to a manner even Woody Allen would advise against sometimes (see above), but then, that comes with age.

But yeah, don't feed stirrers.

I'm pretty sure part of that over analyzing is me being part of the speech and debate team, where you have to do a lot of analysis as well as finding evidence and that sort of stuff.

I'd direct the topic back to Glen, but really I only know 2 of his songs, and the other one is this cheesy hell:

And if DJL is getting into country, it'd be really cruel of someone to mention the Pat Boone cover of Holy Diver here...

Can the above posts move to the Drunk Bored Psychopath thread then?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, msc said:

I'd direct the topic back to Glen, but really I only know 2 of his songs, and the other one is this cheesy hell:

And if DJL is getting into country, it'd be really cruel of someone to mention the Pat Boone cover of Holy Diver here...

Lol yeah, I remember that song
The first song I heard by him was "I'm Not Going To Miss You" while doing research for a sad songs playlist project on spotify/youtube (I always end up shamelessly self promoting myself while saying that so I might aswell just link it, spotify link at bottom of post. Over that time, he's probably become one of my favorite country musicians a long with his cover of Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life).

https://open.spotify.com/user/justinonthespot/playlist/2kvq2EV5X1klq89bvnDrQ4

1 hour ago, msc said:

I don't think I'll ever go that far. :P Just interesting to see that there are a few songs in the genre with a bit of a radical edge to them.  I think it is the twangy nasal vocals that get to me, as well as the culture of far right/deep south politics.   

Adiós enters the UK album chart at #3.

• Like 2

In absolute stitches at Glen Campbell's corpse propped up on a chair outselling Katy Perry's new 24/7 publicity blitz album in its first week of release.

• Like 4

I think we're all investing too far into Glen Campbell this year. He's only lost his ability to speak, usually they die when they can't breathe. He still has a long way to go I think.

3 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

I think we're all investing too far into Glen Campbell this year. He's only lost his ability to speak, usually they die when they can't breathe. He still has a long way to go I think.

Usually they die when they can't breathe?

I thought that was standard for all deaths?!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Dead Wait said:

Usually they die when they can't breathe?

i thought that was standard for all deaths?!

It's that, and losing the ability of their heart beating that causes their death. 

5 hours ago, Deadpool said:

To be fair to Glen Campbell and his lack of awareness about whether he's got an album out both David Bowie (cocaine habit) and John Lennon (nobody told him about a special Italian release album) fell into that situation as well

• Like 1

So does Campbell's condition mean there wont be another instalment of Columbo?

• Like 1

On 18/07/2017 at 23:14, Shaun of the Dead said:

So does Campbell's condition mean there wont be another instalment of Columbo?

It means the same episode does for him every night from now on

Another country legend had a music video showing clips throughout his life (though I'm sure that it put together by his family). Johnny Cash made one himself and died 7 months later. I predict that Glen Campbell will be dead by the end of February 2018.

• Like 1

Or a week. I don't think he has a month left let alone 7.

Oh, they walked a lot with that guitar.

6 hours ago, The Mad Hatter said:

Or a week. I don't think he has a month left let alone 7.

I mentioned that time frame because of how long Johnny Cash lasted after the video was made...

R.I.P

• Confused 1
  • Angry 3