• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6155 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:52 PM

you can live for many years with alzheimers you know

Not that you'd remember...

regards,
Hein
  • Shaun of the Dead likes this

DDP 2016 team The Grey Horde (3/20): Sister Wendy, Belmondo, Bettencourt, Crowe joker.gif, Feek, Ford, Glenn, Gorbachev, Rev Graham, Kissinger, Kohl, Leonov, Madoff, Mugabe, Mushatt Jones, O'Connor, Li , Tereshkova, van der Westhuizen, Yeager
DDP 2016 theme team Minions of Xuleneb (0/20): Albert II, Andriessen, Beatrix, Bernhard, Bloembergen, Brokken, Ceulemans, de Jong, Eyskens, Grönloh, Haitink, van 't Hek, Janssen, Jean I, Krebbers, Ricksen joker.gif, Rijvers, Santer, Thielemans, Veltman
DDP 2016 theme team Next slide, please (1/20): Attenborough, Blakemore, Bodmer, Close, Conway Morris, Dawkins, Greenfield, Longair, Meurig Thomas, Morris joker.gif, Graham-Smith, Hewish, Krebs, Phillips, Rothwell, Stewart, Sulston, Wolff, Wolpert, Zeeman

Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

#22 Whitehouse

Whitehouse

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:28 PM

Glen is in the final stages of Alzheimer's and just said goodbye to his career by recording a last ballad. This ballad was already recorded January last year, and to be honest, what a fine piece of music it is. A man who is aware of his fate and gives a last salute to his family. Campbell has been moved to 24-hour care, as his doctors have determined that he is in the sixth stage of Alzheimer’s (‘severe cognitive decline”).

Here's the chorus.

'You're the last person I will love.
You're the last place I will recall.
But best of all, I'm not gonna miss you',

Moving stuff.

Reminds me of how Johnny Cash (who passes by after 27 seconds in this clip) bowed out with an amazing cover of NIN's "Hurt".

If he makes it to 2015 he's sure a candidate for the top 50 next year.
  • Phantom and Shaun of the Dead like this

#23 Banshees Scream

Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5538 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:32 PM

A last laughs line well said. I'm not gonna miss you because I won't remember you.

#24 Shaun of the Dead

Shaun of the Dead

I have no life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2733 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:51 PM

Poor Glen :( A beautiful swansong though!I hope he doesn`t last long for his sake.I lost two grandparents to Alzheimer`s and it is beyond indignity and although they can`t think they still feel a lot of pain.I can`t seem him making 2016 as he is evidently declining very fast.

Shadow Deathlist 2017:

1)Tony Booth 2)Leah Bracknell 3)Kirk Douglas 4)Billy Graham 5)Herman Wouk 6)David Rockefeller 7)Clare Hollingworth 8)Leslie Phillips 9)Peter Sallis 10 )Nobby Stiles 11)Glen Campbell 12)Peter Skellern 13)Denis Norden 14)Javier Perez de Cuellar 15)Jake LaMotta 16)George H.W Bush 17)Prince Philip 18)Jerry Lewis 19)Ian Brady 20)Helmut Kohl 21)Jacques Chirac 22)Fats Domino 23)Peter Sarstedt 24)Pierre Cardin 25)Colin Meads 26)John Noakes 27)Ray Kennedy 28)Sheila Mercier 29)Stephen Hawking30)Vera Lynn 31)Olivia de Havilland 32)Ray Wilson 33)Mary Tyler Moore 34)Prunella Scales35)Liz Dawn36)Chuck Berry37)Bill Maynard 38)Paul Gascoigne 39)Jimmy Carter 40)Peter Carrington 41)Stan Lee 42)Henry Kissinger 43)Bob Dole 44)Tony Iommi 5)Doris Day 46)Nicholas Parsons 47)John Hurt 48)Freddie Starr 49)Charles Aznavour 50)Robert Mugabe

2/50

#25 CarolAnn

CarolAnn

What's the character limit?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1846 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:55 PM

The power of music, personified.
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

#26 Spade_Cooley

Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4756 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:27 PM

Hopefully this cruel illness won't rob him of his fond memories of beating the shit out of his wife.
  • charon and Dr. Zorders like this

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

#27 Dr. Zorders

Dr. Zorders

IsCastroDeadYet.edu

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3724 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:59 PM

Hopefully this cruel illness won't rob him of his fond memories of beating the shit out of his wife.

Dear god, man.

Do you mind if I nick that when/if Stone Cold Steve Austin gets Alzheimers or dementia? Well I'm gonna anyway.....

...Mention the Game of the Thrones just once more and I'll more than likely kill you...

"Liberal" genius to-do list:

1. Call anti-Islam campaigners Nazis.

2. Label Winston Churchill, the guy without whom Europe would have become 100% Nazi, "outdated and imperialist" etc., and smirk as people get arrested for citing his views of Islam.

(3. Lurkingly and creepily use internet powers that were granted to you in more peaceful care-free times to arbitrarily censor and threaten people with opinions you don't like, much like a middle-of-the-night raid on opposition by 1930s Nazi street thugs)

#28 Shaun of the Dead

Shaun of the Dead

I have no life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2733 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:46 PM

79 today!

Shadow Deathlist 2017:

1)Tony Booth 2)Leah Bracknell 3)Kirk Douglas 4)Billy Graham 5)Herman Wouk 6)David Rockefeller 7)Clare Hollingworth 8)Leslie Phillips 9)Peter Sallis 10 )Nobby Stiles 11)Glen Campbell 12)Peter Skellern 13)Denis Norden 14)Javier Perez de Cuellar 15)Jake LaMotta 16)George H.W Bush 17)Prince Philip 18)Jerry Lewis 19)Ian Brady 20)Helmut Kohl 21)Jacques Chirac 22)Fats Domino 23)Peter Sarstedt 24)Pierre Cardin 25)Colin Meads 26)John Noakes 27)Ray Kennedy 28)Sheila Mercier 29)Stephen Hawking30)Vera Lynn 31)Olivia de Havilland 32)Ray Wilson 33)Mary Tyler Moore 34)Prunella Scales35)Liz Dawn36)Chuck Berry37)Bill Maynard 38)Paul Gascoigne 39)Jimmy Carter 40)Peter Carrington 41)Stan Lee 42)Henry Kissinger 43)Bob Dole 44)Tony Iommi 5)Doris Day 46)Nicholas Parsons 47)John Hurt 48)Freddie Starr 49)Charles Aznavour 50)Robert Mugabe

2/50

#29 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15014 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:05 PM

79 today!

Yeah, and he thinks he's in junior school!

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.maryport2if5.jpg

#30 Sir Creep

Sir Creep

uber twunt

• Members
  • 4784 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:09 PM

79 today!

He's "getting cards and letters from people he don't even know", meaning family and relatives.
SC
  • Magere Hein, Rotten Ali, maryportfuncity and 6 others like this
2015 Shaun's Death By Numbers -- CHAMPION --- 269 points8/502015 Necronomicon Suh DP (Doug Stanhope site) - Sir Creep -- CHAMPION 546 points 12/20, 86 teams 2016 Unofficial Second effing Place (USFP) - Deathrace2016  :banghead: 2016 Shadow List: (26 / 50)<p>[/size][/font]

#31 charon

charon

Looking for coin

• Members
  • 4680 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:27 PM

Lol @ SC.... Bravo!
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

#32 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:30 PM

sadly today is Glen Campbell's last birthday :(

#33 Sir Creep

Sir Creep

uber twunt

• Members
  • 4784 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:44 PM

sadly today is Glen Campbell's last birthday :(

Perhaps but I doubt it. I see 2017 as his calling card...and knowing he will receive only the finest health care, maybe 2018. Of course this assures his death by sundown.
SC
2015 Shaun's Death By Numbers -- CHAMPION --- 269 points8/502015 Necronomicon Suh DP (Doug Stanhope site) - Sir Creep -- CHAMPION 546 points 12/20, 86 teams 2016 Unofficial Second effing Place (USFP) - Deathrace2016  :banghead: 2016 Shadow List: (26 / 50)<p>[/size][/font]

#34 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:59 AM

unconfirmed reports are coming in that Glen Campbell has lost his battle with alzheimers. Sad if true. He was a childhood hero of mine

#35 Guest_awesome guest_*

Guest_awesome guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:28 PM

unconfirmed reports are coming in that Glen Campbell has lost his battle with alzheimers. Sad if true. He was a childhood hero of mine

I can't find reports that are saying his dead.

#36 charon

charon

Looking for coin

• Members
  • 4680 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:37 PM

Bollocks. Was on his fans forums this morning and now revisit them and 'nowt'.

#37 Sir Creep

Sir Creep

uber twunt

• Members
  • 4784 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:15 PM

That would be trending. And it's not.
As stated, bollocks.
SC

#38 Sir Creep

Sir Creep

uber twunt

• Members
  • 4784 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:40 AM

Update about Glen's condition via his wife.  He's now officially stage 6 of 7, doesn't really know what's going on or understand anyone, mumbles short phrases.  Quite sad really.
SC

#39 charon

charon

Looking for coin

• Members
  • 4680 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:36 AM

"Late" stage 6, although it says stage 7 could be 1 to 2 years maybe.

#40 Bibliogryphon

Bibliogryphon

Jolly Green Gnat

• Members
  • 4259 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:10 AM

I think that means he should keep his place for next year.

<p><p><p><p>"I appear to have bypassed my good taste chip"2016 DDP Teams:Bibliogryphon's Bookworm Food (Theme Team) 3/20 I Can't Believe They're Not Deader 4/20 Unusual Suspects 6/20 2016 Shadow List:Billy Graham/Zsa Zsa Gabor/Joao Havelange/Olivia de Havilland/Peter Sallis/Muhammad Ali/Mary Tyler Moore/Tony Booth/Paul Gascoigne/Leslie Philips/Liz Dawn/Herman Wouk/Richard Adams/Glenn Campbell/Bhumibol Adulyadej/Denis Norden/Rodney Bewes/Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh/Clive James/Nancy Reagan/Peter Sutcliffe /Douglas Hurd/Martin Crowe/Helmut Kohl/Peter Vaughan/Jimmy Young/Don Rickles/June Brown/Bob Wilson/Mikhail Gorbachov/Grand Duke Jean I of Luxembourg/William Russell/Everton Weekes/Sidney Poitier/Walter Mondale/John Hurt/Dave Whelan/Brian Blessed/Tom Baker/Joni Mitchell/Abdelaziz Bouteflika/Val Kilmer /Robert Mugabe/Valerie Harper/Jimmy Carter /Cher /George Bush Snr/Neil Simon/Gordon Banks/Sheila Sim 9/50 (2015: 7/50)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users