Davey Jones' Locker

Batman

200.gif

• Like 1

These behind-the-scenes people from the Adam West Batman are still with us as best that I can determine.

Directors:Robert Butler 1927)/Jeffrey Hayden (1926)/Leslie H Martinson (1915)/Larry Peerce(1930)/James Sheldon(1920)/Sam Strangis(1929).

Scriptwriters: Earl Barrett(1932)/Stephen Kandel(1927)/Robert Mintz/Charles Sinclair(1924?).

Martinson is one of the oldest surviving directors in Tinseltwon, although, I don't believe the oldest; Strangis' daughter Judy Strangis later was 'Dyna-Girl" in the Sid & Marty Kroft superhero spoof from 1976 Electa-Woman and Dyna-Girl, an especially campy tongue-in-cheek female version of Batman. So close in fact, it was fortunate the Krofts somehow dodged a lawsuit from William Dozier and Co., although there were only maybe a dozen episodes of this one. Deidre Hall from the soap Days of Our Lives was ElectaWoman.

Given the age of these folks listed, no doubt many will be items for the obituaries in the next 3, 4 years.

As reported here, Leslie H Martinson has died: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8294-the-100-club/?p=275469

Obit: https://www.brezniakrodman.com/obituary-archive/leslie-h-martinson-2/#submit-condolence%7C

Other work includes The Six Million Dollar Man, The Bionic Woman, Mission Impossible, Wonder Woman and Fantasy Island.

http://gb.imdb.com/name/nm0554169/

Apparently, only John Astin remains from the male villains Adam West faced on the 1960's TV series as his brief stint doing The Riddler. Assuming one discounts the guest-appearance of Van Williams as the Green Hornet(believed a criminal by Batman and the police) whose own series William Dozier produced fr one season while Batman was running, although playing the characters seriously for the latter program. The Green Hornet was a high-quality series, but some years too early, unfortunately. Several female villains survive at present besides Joan Collins( the Siren) and Julie Newmar (Catwoman), including Barbara Rush (Nora Clavicle, leader of a gang of female criminals) and Deathlist favorite Zsa Zsa Gabor in the final season as Minerva, a villainess who used mind control to further her aims. The vast majority of guest stars have passed from the program save for some such as Deanna Luind (1937 - ) while most of the production staff is departed as well. Sometime director Sam Strangis appears to still be living at present. While feeilngs have eased over time, the series can be justly blamed for the superhero genre not being taken seriously at all until the late 1970's when the Incredible Hulk and Wonder Woman ran for some years (although I realize that both of these are now badly dated themselves in terms of special effects save perhaps for Lynda carter herself when compared to their present-day counterparts.

Van Williams dead at 82. http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/van-williams-dead-dies-green-hornet-1201933644/

DDP Pick.

Apparently, only John Astin remains from the male villains Adam West faced on the 1960's TV series as his brief stint doing The Riddler. Assuming one discounts the guest-appearance of Van Williams as the Green Hornet(believed a criminal by Batman and the police) whose own series William Dozier produced fr one season while Batman was running, although playing the characters seriously for the latter program. The Green Hornet was a high-quality series, but some years too early, unfortunately. Several female villains survive at present besides Joan Collins( the Siren) and Julie Newmar (Catwoman), including Barbara Rush (Nora Clavicle, leader of a gang of female criminals) and Deathlist favorite Zsa Zsa Gabor in the final season as Minerva, a villainess who used mind control to further her aims. The vast majority of guest stars have passed from the program save for some such as Deanna Luind (1937 - ) while most of the production staff is departed as well. Sometime director Sam Strangis appears to still be living at present. While feeilngs have eased over time, the series can be justly blamed for the superhero genre not being taken seriously at all until the late 1970's when the Incredible Hulk and Wonder Woman ran for some years (although I realize that both of these are now badly dated themselves in terms of special effects save perhaps for Lynda carter herself when compared to their present-day counterparts.

Van Williams dead at 82. http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/van-williams-dead-dies-green-hornet-1201933644/

DDP Pick.

And Zsa Zsa from the same post in short measure.

Time running out for our Joan?

On 2012-7-26 at 10:53, Davey Jones' Locker said:

With the hype around the Dark Knight Rises, I thought Deathlist should blatantly cash in by turning our attention back to the 1960s Batman and seeing how many cast members are still with us. The answer: not many at all. These are the only survivors from the main cast:

Adam West (1928) Batman - still active at conventions and does some voiceover work for that Family Guy animated show.

Dead from leukaemia and... it seems we have a duplicate thread. :)

Mods can merge if they like.

Very sad to have Batman die the day after the Dick Tracy starlet. :(

I had never heard of Adam West, just youtubed him and all I can say is that his batman movies were awful, thank god Chirs Nolan got his hands on them and made them like ok-ish. 

6 minutes ago, RobertMugabe said:

I had never heard of Adam West, just youtubed him and all I can say is that his batman movies were awful, thank god Chirs Nolan got his hands on them and made them like ok-ish. 

Blasphemy! Adam West is the only true Batman. White man will lynch you for those words, Mugabe.

• Like 1

Just now, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Blasphemy! Adam West is the only true Batman. White man will lynch you for those words, Mugabe.

Batman is a massive racist concept, funny how the only black man in star wars is the only black man in batman, that lando guy rocks up in the Batman Returns, and guess what, he is a bad guy.   Typical racist hollywood. 

Rip Adam West...I'll always remember him as Catman from The Fairly Odd Parents and the first Batman...

12 minutes ago, ImNotHades said:

Rip Adam West...I'll always remember him as Catman from The Fairly Odd Parents and the first Batman...

I completely forgot that show.That takes me back

5 hours ago, RobertMugabe said:

Batman is a massive racist concept, funny how the only black man in star wars is the only black man in batman, that lando guy rocks up in the Batman Returns, and guess what, he is a bad guy.   Typical racist hollywood. 

Batman was not racist. What about Eartha Kitt? I met her through Batman. Watch this video if you think it's racist. I bet you can never get this tune out of your head, like me,  once you hear it. Her singing always cheers me up.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JTrost1234 said:

Batman was not racist. What about Eartha Kitt? I met her through Batman. Watch this video if you think it's racist. I bet you can never get this tune out of your head, like me,  once you hear it. Her singing always cheers me up.

Wow. I never thought 2 trolls would ever come in contact. That's absolutely amazing. 

• Like 3

William Shatner the next campy star of an iconic 1960s to go? The only difference between Shatner and West is that, in Shatner's case, the campiness was unintentional!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

William Shatner the next campy star of an iconic 1960s to go? The only difference between Shatner and West is that, in Shatner's case, the campiness was unintentional!

... so, about one hour after I write that, I learn there is one more (animated) Batman film in post-production, starring Adam West and... William Shatner:  :blink:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6142314/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

Can one cartoon contain so much ham? Find out next year, same bat-time, same bat-channel.

• Like 2

rip.jpg.30fb3f8cd6a0a90591cc6543237f9a07

• Like 4

I am not a troll. A troll is someone who sits under a bridge in all the fairy tales. At least that's what a troll was when I was a kid, in the 1960's.

41+4zm65IaL._SX302_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Like 2

^

IMG_0369.JPG

• Like 4

0ACXynzA.jpg