Davey Jones' Locker

Seven Brides For Seven Corpses

Thanks for amending Norma';s year of birth.I am sure she would be delighted to know that she has not been forgotten,and would find this highly amusing.

Awww, she sounds like a really good sport! This site's been on the look out for a new celebrity patron ever since Ronnie Biggs' demised so if she would like to apply, she is most welcome to do so.

Next time you are in contact with her, tell her we think she had quite a good figure... 70 years ago! :D I imagine that photo would have been considered a little risque back in those days! :P

Does Norma have any interesting stories to tell from her time in Hollywood that you'd be prepared to share? Did she know any other MGM musical types like Leslie Caron, Mickey Rooney or Judy Garland?

• Like 1

Guest Guest

There's a nice video from a few years ago on You Tube by a group called Dancers Over 40, with Norma, Jane Powell and Virginia Gibson. Virginia was a bit creaky then, but Norma looks pretty sprightly, not just in a for-her-age sort of way, but as if she starts each day with a five mile walk with the dog, followed by a two hour tap class. The interviewer is Grover Dale (Bill in Les Desmoiselles de Rochefort) and there are some other fun behind the scenes stories if you explore that YT channel a bit. I wish I could remember who it was who got called out by the director of one of her stage shows for being a bit long in the tooth for a chorus girl. At the grand old age of nineteen.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3W9He7I8-5U"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Unfortunately Norma doesn't do the internet so she won't be able to see this site.I am in touch only by letter occasionally.I actually got in touch with her through 'Dancers over 40' where she is a member.I don't want to appear too pushy to her ,but if i write again i will certainly ask her some of your questions.

• Like 1

Unfortunately Norma doesn't do the internet so she won't be able to see this site.I am in touch only by letter occasionally.I actually got in touch with her through 'Dancers over 40' where she is a member.I don't want to appear too pushy to her ,but if i write again i will certainly ask her some of your questions.

Cheers. Thanks for that. It sounds like she is still in good health for her age then.

Thanks for amending Norma';s year of birth.I am sure she would be delighted to know that she has not been forgotten,and would find this highly amusing.

Next time you are in contact with her, tell her we think she had quite a good figure... 70 years ago! :D I imagine that photo would have been considered a little risque back in those days! :P

Those kinds of pin-up models were actually common in the 1940s. Betty Grable, Rita Hayworth, Noel Neill, etc.

Those kinds of pin-up models were actually common in the 1940s. Betty Grable, Rita Hayworth, Noel Neill, etc.

Yes, I know but I think they were still considered a bit risque back then. (I was partly teasing our new member too, of course. ;) )

Hi Davey Jones Locker,

Great picture of Norma that i hadn't seen before.Please feel free to tease me further with any more risque photos you may have!!

• Like 1

Reported that Director Stanley Donen has died:

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Reported that Director Stanley Donen has died:

5 grand films name-checked there so here's a 6th: Bedazzled. Not the 90s rubbish, the proper one with Peter Cook and Dudley Moore.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Donen's QO.

Stanley Donen is a 3rd hit for me too and a sad loss! I simply love Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Funny Face, and Charade!

• Like 2

It's a bit shocking to think his masterpiece was filmed 67 years ago. He was old as dirt, even older than his biological age.

I'd forgotten Charade was one of his. I like that one, despite not being an Audrey Hepburn fan.

1 hour ago, Handrejka said:

I'd forgotten Charade was one of his. I like that one, despite not being an Audrey Hepburn fan.

Not an Audrey Hepburn fan? Gasp!

Leading lady of Seven brides for seven brothers MGM musical star Jane Powell celebrates her 90th birthday today. 

• Like 3

I have just heard that Norma Dogget died yesterday at the age of 94.Nothing on the internet yet,but my contact in New York who knew her was told today.

I will confirm as soon as possible

• Thanks 1

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 17:22, RMenz said:

I have just heard that Norma Dogget died yesterday at the age of 94.Nothing on the internet yet,but my contact in New York who knew her was told today.

Was the above the Doggett's Bollocks?

On 07/05/2020 at 17:22, RMenz said:

Hollywood Reporter obit

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

At least we now seem to have definite birth and death dates for Norma Doggett. IMDB can sleep well in their beds tonight.

• Like 1

How many Brides and Brothers are we down to now? 

Jane Powell and the chap who was in Twin Peaks spring to mind.

I’d check but I’m out and about and want someone else to do it :D

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

How many Brides and Brothers are we down to now? 

Jane Powell and the chap who was in Twin Peaks spring to mind.

I’d check but I’m out and about and want someone else to do it :D

Just have to flick back a page....:lol:

• Haha 1