Sign in to follow this  
Guest Menno

Prince Bernhard Of The Netherlands

Guest Menno

Hey everyone,

I would like to nominade Prince Bernhard from the netherlands. I think he is about to die. Maybe even this year!!!!!!!!!

Greetings Menno

Guest Hans

Yeah, I Agree!!!!!! Prins Bernard!!!!!

Coming up to 93, has had something like 50 operations over the years for various reasons, and lost his wife a few weeks ago after 60-odd years of marriage...he's got to be on shaky ground. Any updates about his health in the Dutch press lately?

interesting test this one. I've not heard of Prince Bernie, but then I'm just an ignorant Yank, so am curious to see who has, prior to seeing this thread of course.

Thanks for the tip Menno - always nice to hear from a new voice.

He was the husband of Princess Juliana, who was on your list until she popped her clogs recently. His full name is Bernhard Leopold Friedrich Eberhard Julius Kurt Karl Gottfried Peter zu Lippe-Biesterfeld, which is frankly just unnecessary.

Guest Martini

Hallo,

That you did not see the death of Ray Charles coming; a shame.

It was a honour that you have our former queen Juliana in the list. Why than not our prince Bernhard. Also a person with more than 90 year to his credit. A german turned dutch. Fighting in the second world war and not going quitely through the society of the Netherlands.

I am just woundering if Prince Bernahrd will be included on Death List 2005, Prince Bernhard surely qualifies for a place because of his age (93) and theres that image of on the BBC web site of him; he could also take the 20th position which was made vaccant by his wife, Queen Juliana.

Am i correct in reading on some1's posting that Baroness Thatcher will be on next years list????

Earl - the 2005 list isnt selected until late in Decemeber so its only a suggestion as of now - but frankly Thatch is sounding like a good bet if shes still around at the end of the year :lol:

Guest Michael

Hi all,

I was thinking, is prince Bernhard of the Netherlands a good candidate for the death list of 2005? He'll become 94 then. He went to see Hitler a couple of times and asked him to make him governor of an occupied Dutch nation. :huh:

What do you think, should Bernhard get a rank?

Best,

Michael.

[ topic merged - Stayin' - Wow! I beat DWB to it ]

Yes i will be suprised if he is not on next years list. I have mentioned him before but i am glad some1 else has. On Queen Juliana's thread i have put a web posting up of him at juliana's funeral colapsing, if any1 else would like a look. So yes he "should" a strong candidate for next year.

News broke tonight on Dutch TV that Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands suffers from cancer of the respiratory tracts, apparently unoperable. It looks the English language news bureaus haven't picked it up yet. It seems like a good boost for his candidacy for 2005, at 93 years.

regards,

Hein

Someone had better ask the Prime Minister of Luxembourg what the odds are for PB outlasting 2005.

If he does say his final farewell next year it would mean 3 deaths in the Dutch Royal Family within 2 years.

It's getting draughty in the vault of Delft's New Church. :)

regards,

Hein

Guest Willem

Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands (who should have been on the 2004 deathlist) is succumbing to cancer in all his organs and will follow his wife, Queen Juliana (no. 20 on the 2004 deathlist), to Elysium shortly.

Still... he has a reputation for not surrendering and so he may ward off the Grim Reaper until early 2005...

http://www.expatica.com/source/site_articl...tumour+spreads+

[Merged with previous topic - Teddy]

Being tipped-off by bvdbos in the Queen Juliana thread, I now include this link to confirm the Prince's death:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/ape...ince%20Bernhard

This is the 3rd strong 2005 candidate that has given-up-the-ghost before the new list kicks in. Dibnah and Emlyn Hughes being the other guilty parties. Come on guys, hang in there for another month or so.

DWB :(

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (AP) - Prince Bernhard, the German-born father of the Netherlands' Queen Beatrix whose service as a pilot for the Allies earned him the respect of his adopted country, died Wednesday. He was 93.

Bernhard was diagnosed with cancer in mid-November, and last week the Royal House said tumors had spread to his stomach and lungs, causing difficulty breathing. He was moved Wednesday to Utrecht University Medical Hospital, where he later died.

"In consultation with the prince, no further measures were taken in the hospital," the Royal House said in a statement.

The prince was living at the royal palace in Soestdijk, which he shared for six decades with his wife, the former Queen Juliana, who died in March at the age of 94.

Guest RebelRouser

hahaha that dumb nazi didnt make it onto your death list 2005 he pissed yall off by finally dying december the 1st 2004.

hahaha that dumb nazi

I fail to see how someone who flew flew as a pilot for the allies during the war, fighting against Nazi Germany could be described as a Nazi.

Err, possibly because he was trained as a fighter pilot by Nazi Germany and was made an officer in the SS before Germany invaded Holland?

Just a thought.

Guest Jay

That's pretty sick to say dude!