Sign in to follow this  
JR976evil

Pink Panther Cast & Crew

The recent death of Herbert Lom set me off wondering who else remains from the Pink Panther movies. Many of the main cast and crew, such as Peter Sellers, David Niven, Capucine and Blake Edwards have long since passed on, but a fair few still remain. Here are a few for starters;

Graham Stark (b. 1922)

Burt Kwouk (b. 1930)

Robert Wagner (b. 1930)

Christopher Plummer (b. 1928)

Andre Maranne (b. 1926)

Fran Jeffries (b. 1937)

Claudio Cardinale (b. 1938)

William Peter Blatty (co-wrote screenplay for A Shot In The Dark, b. 1928)

What about Steve Martin, from the more recent PP movies?

What about Steve Martin, from the more recent PP movies?

Too young

67 isn't too young surely?

Sorry Shirley, hmmmm, Peter Sellers was only early 50's when he pegged it.

Sellers had a history of heart ailments and self-destructive behaviour though. Martin merely has a history of rubbish films.

He shouldn't be on this list though, as his films were a travesty to the original ones.

Graham Stark Prolific actor with 100 some odd films under his belt but most notable as Hercule Lajoy in the original Pink Panther film and other roles in its numerous sequels is dead at 91

Guest Guest

The recent death of Herbert Lom set me off wondering who else remains from the Pink Panther movies. Many of the main cast and crew, such as Peter Sellers, David Niven, Capucine and Blake Edwards have long since passed on, but a fair few still remain. Here are a few for starters;

Graham Stark (b. 1922)

Burt Kwouk (b. 1930)

Robert Wagner (b. 1930)

Christopher Plummer (b. 1928)

Andre Maranne (b. 1926)

Fran Jeffries (b. 1937)

Claudio Cardinale (b. 1938)

William Peter Blatty (co-wrote screenplay for A Shot In The Dark, b. 1928)

Graham Stark dead at 90 http://www.belfastte...1-29711750.html

Burt Kwouk has died aged 85.

Given Burt Kwouk's work, is there anyone who comes close to the number of threads his death could have gone in?

Dead of 2016; Pink Panther; Last of the Summer Wine; Hancock's Half Hour; James Bond; British Science Fiction; The Bill and Other Cop Shows; Soapstar Superstar Thread; Carry On Dying; (Is there a Tenko thread?); Mollie Sugden et al (British Sitcoms)...there's probably more.

Rest his soul.

• Like 4

Given Burt Kwouk's work, is there anyone who comes close to the number of threads his death could have gone in?

Dead of 2016; Pink Panther; Last of the Summer Wine; Hancock's Half Hour; James Bond; British Science Fiction; The Bill and Other Cop Shows; Soapstar Superstar Thread; Carry On Dying; (Is there a Tenko thread?); Mollie Sugden et al (British Sitcoms)...there's probably more.

Rest his soul.

at least him and Peter sellers are fighting in heaven now.

Would be very, very surprised if Sellers was upstairs not downstairs.

• Like 1

Sellers was a brilliant comedian but a complete bat-shit crazy nutcase.

Lemme guess, beat his wife or something? I know you have a thing for that.

If so I bet it really hurt coming from a mid-20th century Britfuck comedian who probably had polio when he was a kid........

Anyway he's one of my mum's faves, so for that reason alone he was obviously shit and should be in hell.

Rest his soul.

A great list YoungWillz. It demonstrates what a versatile actor Kwouk was during his career. Kato to Yamauchi and all points in between. Often seen but rarely recognised for his undoubted talent.

• Like 3

So, a question

Will all the obitable members of PP cast and crew snuff it leaving us with nobody or will this thread go on and on because someone sees the opportunity to remake/revive the franchise a la the Carry On movies?

Someone's forgotten the Pink Panther reboot of the mid-2000s, featuring Jason Statham as the manager of the French national football team.

Someone's forgotten the Pink Panther reboot of the mid-2000s, featuring Jason Statham as the manager of the French national football team.

I have indeed Spade, is that my bad or was it such a stinker that its stinking explains why nobody ever told me to see it?

The reboot attempt in the 90s was God awful as well. I think by the time sellers died the franchise had run it course.

I have indeed Spade, is that my bad or was it such a stinker that its stinking explains why nobody ever told me to see it?

The assorted talent that's spread over those films (Kevin Kline, Jean Reno, Emily Mortimer, Kristin Chenoweth, Clive Owen, Beyonce, the aforementioned Statham, Alfred Molina, Jeremy Irons, Lily Tomlin, Andy Garcia, Aishwarya Rai, John Cleese and DL favourites Johnny Halyday and Geoffrey Palmer) means it's usually a winning answer once in every three episodes of Pointless.

• Like 2