the_engineer

Conspiracy Theories

On 04/06/2020 at 10:57, Toast said:

Another of those weird American words that make little sense.

You heavily implied here that this word is exclusively used by Americans as it doesn't make sense to 'us Brits', which is horseshit... 

11 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

You heavily implied here that this word is exclusively used by Americans as it doesn't make sense to 'us Brits', which is horseshit... 

No. 

I said it was "another of those weird American words that make little sense".

To break that down for you:

It is American in origin.

It doesn't make much sense. 

The reason it doesn't make sense is that when someone is offended, insulted or whatever, it is not their arse that hurts.  The arse is not the seat of emotions and feelings.

I hope that's cleared it up.  Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and do some grown-up things.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Toast said:

No. 

I said it was "another of those weird American words that make little sense".

To break that down for you:

It is American in origin.

It doesn't make much sense. 

The reason it doesn't make sense is that when someone is offended, insulted or whatever, it is not their arse that hurts.  The arse is not the seat of emotions and feelings.

I hope that's cleared it up.  Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and do some grown-up things.

Just kinda goes to show that boomers will argue about anything huh...

Ok go and call your grandkids or whatever, I also have better things to do than be lectured on how young people words aren't proper words etc...

• Haha 1

Don’t take that as an age-related insult Toastie, I’m a boomer too apparently and I was born in 1996.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Toast said:

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and do some grown-up things.

There’s a first for everything.

I wonder if one can be a Baby boomer and black. I mean, being a boomer is not necessarily about age, it's a way of life..

Calling me a boomer would have a VERY different meaning........

"LLIEN O P,  you've 3min to get out" ;)

On 16/06/2018 at 17:00, msc said:

40 years of mysterious Glasgow fires for you to look into if you like conspiracies, Engineer. Look up the Coliseum cinema fire from 2009-ish, dodgy as fuck.

Could we have another one?

41 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

To be honest, Duke Street would look about the same after a couple more fires.

59 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Its a half demolished forgotten building that was getting used as a tyre dump. Tyre dump fires are hellish to put out. You could see the smoke from here at the other end of the city!

Barely any terror attacks for months and now two in a week?

This is seriously out there but doesn't anyone reckon these are gov orchestrated responses to people breaching the lockdown rules to scare people back into their houses? 

1 hour ago, Miracle Aligner said:

This is seriously out there but doesn't anyone reckon these are gov orchestrated responses to people breaching the lockdown rules to scare people back into their houses? 

Nope. if the govt wanted to get us all back indoors that badly they would have shot several people on Bournemouth/Brighton beach the other day, not unleashed an idiot to stab two people in a hotel in Glasgow.

4 minutes ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Nope. if the govt wanted to get us all back indoors that badly they would have shot several people on Bournemouth/Brighton beach the other day, not unleashed an idiot to stab two people in a hotel in Glasgow.

Wouldn't that be way to obvious? 

It was not a terror attack, according to the Scottish Government.

It was a hotel used to house asylum seekers and, I would guess, one of them ran amok.

3 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

You think? Have you been on The 1975 mate? :lol:

I think even our govt aren't twatty enough to do that when half of them have flagrantly been breaking the rules anyway...oh shit, they might be actually. Good point.

1 hour ago, The Quim Reaper said:

You think? Have you been on The 1975 mate? :lol:

I think even our govt aren't twatty enough to do that when half of them have flagrantly been breaking the rules anyway...oh shit, they might be actually. Good point.

The government have realised fear is what keeps people inside long ago but the concern is people are no longer scared. Give them something else to be spared (an usually high rate of terror attacks) at that point. 

6 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

The government doesn't give a shit about people breaching lockdown (or in general tbqhwy), so to think they'd orchestrate attacks to scare people into staying at home stretches the bounds of incredulity to breaking point.

(Besides which why would 'terror attacks' scare people more than 'attacks' unless its demonstrably part of a mass event, which we clearly do not have here?)

We missed a birthday yesterday 

Marina Oswald Porter (widowed at 22 when Jack Ruby shot her husband), was 79 

She doesn't believe he was guilty of the assassination btw

230px-Marina_Oswald.jpg

On 18/07/2020 at 10:23, maryportfuncity said:

We missed a birthday yesterday 

Marina Oswald Porter (widowed at 22 when Jack Ruby shot her husband), was 79 

She doesn't believe he was guilty of the assassination btw

230px-Marina_Oswald.jpg

She’s in Texas.  I am hell-bent on getting a photo with her.  Their two daughters are in their mid-50s and alive as well.  Both are married, though one only recently.  That would be the best retort in any conversation: ‘Aye, but my father in law is Lee Harvey Oswald, so fuck off.’

57 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

She’s in Texas.  I am hell-bent on getting a photo with her.  Their two daughters are in their mid-50s and alive as well.  Both are married, though one only recently.  That would be the best retort in any conversation: ‘Aye, but my father in law is Lee Harvey Oswald, so fuck off.’

Big place Texas, mind - how many days travel is it between your front door and hers?

On 29/07/2020 at 19:32, maryportfuncity said:

Big place Texas, mind - how many days travel is it between your front door and hers?

Aye, ‘everything’s bigger in Texas’ :rolleyes:

880 miles to cross Texas if driving Interstate-10.  
876 miles from Land’s End to John O’Groats. 

That should give you the idea.

SC

31 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Aye, ‘everything’s bigger in Texas’ :rolleyes:

880 miles to cross Texas if driving Interstate-10.  

SC

I have driven that, I did a few side tours but always came back to the I10 to finish the crossing.

every one who posts here is a same person with a multiple personality disorder who thinks they are a different person each time they post