harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

Who Should Be On The 2013 Deathlist?

I will just bring a little analysis of the 2012 list to the discussion

Women made up 16% of the list and 9% of the deaths to date.

British People made up 30% of the list and 27% of the deaths to date

People aged 90 or above (at the start of the year) made up 52% of the list but only 45% of the deaths to date.

But as with all statistices you could draw what conclusions you want from them.

I draw the conclusion your day job is too easy! But I'm something of a hypocrite cos I'm posting at work too.

To be honest these statistics can easily be produced in five minutes with a copy of the list and a pocket calculator but I am not sidestepping the fact that I am thinking about this when I should be writing articles on European Chemicals Legislation.

Guest bubblecop

How about Richard Attenborough,wheelchair bound & housebound & is very poorly according to his brother David

Nah, a guy who survived Jurassic Park can handle a Wheelchair. Still lecturing anyway, when he can.

How about Morgan Morgan Giles? 99 next year and hear basically nothing of him anymore.

How about Morgan Freeman? Judging by the amount of facebook/Twitter posts always saying he's dead, should be fun for some fuckwit guests with nothing better to do than be 'first' to post his death.

• Like 1

Patrick Moore was looking pretty frail on The Sky at Night this evening, and the way his co-presenters were gazing at him, I'd humbly suggest he's a strong candidate for the 2013 list.

Few ideas...

Gabriel Garcia Marquez - I think he should make a return given his mix of dementia and lymphoma (although in remission (?)), his brother's comments on him this year seem really grim so he'd be a perfect type of pick next year.

Patrick Moore - I can't believe he's held on this long to be honest, in deteriorating health and appearing on Sky at Night more and more infrequently, also perfect for a return.

Bobby Collins - Football legend suffering from dementia, would fill a gap in the football area of the list I reckon

Clive James & Michael Winner - Classic deathl​ist material and very ill (probably in Clive James' case)

Reg Presley - Lung cancer, famous enough

Already put Patrick Moore in as my joker for next year.

Also Glen Campbell is a good choice...

Guest American Sports Fan

My ten choices (in no particuar order):

1-3. Michael Winner, Clive James, Patrick Moore (look as close to sure things as we have right now).

4. Harlan Ellison. At 78 he's not as old as Vance or some of the other sci-fi geriatrics, but he's had a history of health problems, hasn't published anything since 2001, and hasn't made a public appearance since 2010.

5. Ryan O'Neal

6. Stanley Donen

7. Doug Finley - controversial Canadian politician known as "Stephen Harper's pit bull" has terminal cancer; doctors gave him 2.5 years to live at most (that's mid-2014 if he survives this year)

8. Mikhail Gorbachev

9. Jack Brabham - former F1 champ suffering from kidney failure and other health issues

10. Jean Beliveau - hockey legend has had two strokes in three years, and survived heart problems and a bout with cancer before that

Guest Nekro Neko

You're all too later on patrick, he died. How was he not on this years list, he was massive! He was a ticking time bomb. Still gonna miss the old gamesmaster.

My ten choices (in no particuar order):

1-3. Michael Winner, Clive James, Patrick Moore (look as close to sure things as we have right now).

4. Harlan Ellison. At 78 he's not as old as Vance or some of the other sci-fi geriatrics, but he's had a history of health problems, hasn't published anything since 2001, and hasn't made a public appearance since 2010.

5. Ryan O'Neal

6. Stanley Donen

7. Doug Finley - controversial Canadian politician known as "Stephen Harper's pit bull" has terminal cancer; doctors gave him 2.5 years to live at most (that's mid-2014 if he survives this year)

8. Mikhail Gorbachev

9. Jack Brabham - former F1 champ suffering from kidney failure and other health issues

10. Jean Beliveau - hockey legend has had two strokes in three years, and survived heart problems and a bout with cancer before that

Interesting choices but not sure about Brabham. He was on television here not so long ago and looked okay. They didn't mention any health issues in the interview. (Not saying you are wrong though - he does keep a fairly low profile and doesn't appear in the media that much at the best of times.)

Interesting choices but not sure about Brabham. He was on television here not so long ago and looked okay. They didn't mention any health issues in the interview. (Not saying you are wrong though - he does keep a fairly low profile and doesn't appear in the media that much at the best of times.)

Trust me, Brabham is not a well chap. However, he's a determined b****er and whilst he's not in good health, I don't think he'll die next year as his kidney failure is under control at the moment.

Guest Guest

There needs to be one or 2 centenerians on the list.Oscar Niemeyer was the last to go and there's quite a few who could qualify eg Luise Rainer (oldest living oscar winner) or the gospel singer George Beverly Shea .I have a whole list of them if anyone wants me to suggest a few more names

There needs to be one or 2 centenerians on the list.Oscar Niemeyer was the last to go and there's quite a few who could qualify eg Luise Rainer (oldest living oscar winner) or the gospel singer George Beverly Shea .I have a whole list of them if anyone wants me to suggest a few more names

General Giap like mentioned on the first page is the best bet I'd say, both very famous and looks awful

What about those who SHOULDN'T be on the 2013 DeathList? 13 people need to either diee before the 31st or not be on next year's list.

We should drop:

Hosni Mubarak

Harper Lee

Tariq Aziz

Saif al-Islam al-Gaddafi

James Randi

Dick Van Dyke

Nigel Lawson

Denis Healey

Herman Wouk

Trust me, Brabham is not a well chap. However, he's a determined b****er and whilst he's not in good health, I don't think he'll die next year as his kidney failure is under control at the moment.

The programme Sky F1 put out this year conversely showed that he was not doing very well. His skin looked shockingly broken and lifeless. His faculties sounded tested and worn. In my book he looked in equally poor shape as Sir Patrick Moore did in his last week. To last yet another 12 months looked tall odds to me but then like you judge "Black Jack" was the oldest race winner and has the staying power somehow inbuilt. But no one lasts forever.

What about those who SHOULDN'T be on the 2013 DeathList? 13 people need to either diee before the 31st or not be on next year's list.

We should drop:

Hosni Mubarak

Harper Lee

Tariq Aziz

Saif al-Islam al-Gaddafi

James Randi

Dick Van Dyke

Nigel Lawson

Denis Healey

Herman Wouk

I would agree with all but Healey.

Like Patrick Moore he could go at any time and I think we would be kicking ourselves if we missed him.

Anyway it adds political balance to having Maggie on the list.

Guest Guested

The following should be unceremoniously dropped:

Wouk

Godfrey

Lawson

Molinaro

Kissinger

James

Van Dyke

Berry

Gaddafi

Hawking

Randi

Guest Guested

We should drop:

Hosni Mubarak

Harper Lee

Tariq Aziz

Saif al-Islam al-Gaddafi

James Randi

Dick Van Dyke

Nigel Lawson

Denis Healey

Herman Wouk

Like Patrick Moore he could go at any time and I think we would be kicking ourselves if we missed him.

I think we should go for three Labour - Healey, John Freeman and Tony Benn (he is looking very frail these days) and three Tories - Lady T, Lord Carrington and Morgan Morgan Giles with Jeremy Thorpe as the token Liberal.

We should drop:

Hosni Mubarak

Harper Lee

Tariq Aziz

Saif al-Islam al-Gaddafi

James Randi

Dick Van Dyke

Nigel Lawson

Denis Healey

Herman Wouk

I think we should go for three Labour - Healey, John Freeman and Tony Benn (he is looking very frail these days) and three Tories - Lady T, Lord Carrington and Morgan Morgan Giles with Jeremy Thorpe as the token Liberal.

Seven places is a lot to dedicate to one constituency (UK politicians) considering there are only 3 on the 2012 list.

People who need taking off the list for 2013:

Patrick Mcknee

Eli Wallach

Kirk Douglas

Patty Andrews

Bob Godfrey

Thatcher

Healey

Sullivan

Lamotta

Kissinger

PD James

Berry

Gadaffi

Dyke

Domino.

People who need taking off the list for 2013:

Patrick Mcknee

Eli Wallach

Kirk Douglas

Patty Andrews

Bob Godfrey

Thatcher

Healey

Sullivan

Lamotta

Kissinger

PD James

Berry

Gadaffi

Dyke

Domino.

Thatcher is a Deathlist staple, I think we have to keep her. Patty Andrews is a must and I'm pretty sure that Saif Gaddafi trial next year will be lethal.

Okay. I looked down all 8 pages and managed to create this list with 25 names:

Clive James

David Rockafeller

Gabriel Garcia Marquez

George H.W. Bush

Giulio Andreotti

Gough Whitlam

Joan Fontaine

John Glenn

Margaret Thatcher

Mary Tyler Moore

Maureen O'Hara