harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

Who Should Be On The 2013 Deathlist?

Greek Thomson, but thats a rather Scottish specific answer, I'd gather.

I don't think Vera Lynn is gonna croak just yet.

But what about Pearl Carr and/or Teddy Johnson?

Tony Grieg - recently diagnosed with Lung Cancer

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Eamon Holmes - too many Ulster fries and his lips have been a startling shade of blue on TM

Peter O'Toole

Barry Gibb

Robert Stigwood

Ronnie Biggs

Liza Minelli

Maggie T

Prince Phillip

Sean Connery as me joker

I would also consider including Ingvar Kampard who turns 87 years old. He's the founder of a small, family-owned, neighbourhood furniture store called IKEA.

Years of being a heavy-drinker, plus the recent death of his wife might take it's toll on him.

Just some random thoughts...

Bonnie Franklin - A must.

Muhammad Ali - Seems to be close. A can't-miss pick for the DL.

Robin Roberts - Health problems keep coming. Serious ones.

Ann B. Davis - Dont know if she's ever appeared on the DL. Turns 87.

Michele Ferrero - Chocolate tycoon whose son recently died. Turns 88.

Guy Innes-Ker - Do we have an update on him? Who was it here thats his neighbor?

Superstar Billy Graham - Should go up. His 2 years to live prognosis is over. He's in a wheelchair. He hasnt been giving many updates anymore.

Bill Clinton - Would be an impressive hit, but risky. Not much info available.

That would be me, no updates I am afraid. I have only seen him once this year and that was over the course of the Queen's Jubilee celebrations, he was helping light a beacon (huge bonfire) for Her Maj over on the other side of the river. Not being a Royalist I didn't attend but viewed it from afar, so he just looked like a matchstick man from my vista. I do walk my dog regularly in the grounds of his 'castle' but surpisingly he hasn't come out to say hello ;)

He will, however, continue to be on my list for the forseeable future, he has been downgraded though and is no longer my Joker.

Guest Guest

The pope

The queen

The ayatollah

The king of Thailand

The king of Saudi Arabia

The Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia (and nearly every possible othe Saudi royal...)

Stanley Baxter will get a fair bit of coverage when he goes, due to turn 87 in May.

I never understand why people base their picks on someone simply being in their 80s/90s. There a still quite a few well known personalities and celebrities alive from 1903. Age shouldn't be a deciding factor unless they are into their 100's and have health issues.

Dame Elisabeth Murdoch

Joao Havelange

Rochus Misch

Ronnie Biggs

Michael Winner

Jerry Maren (It's time we had a munchkin on the top 50)

Helmut Schmidt

Maggie Thatcher

Bernie Nolan

Sir Henry Cecil

There a still quite a few well known personalities and celebrities alive from 1903.

No. No there aren't.

• Like 1

Well I tell you what, if Alexander Imich shows up at the MTV VMAs this year or gets himself a GQ cover, I owe you a tenner.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I tell you what, if Alexander Imich shows up at the MTV VMAs this year or gets himself a GQ cover, I owe you a tenner.

Perhaps he could replace Niemeyer as the DL token centanarian. Well, super centanarian come February

Perhaps he could replace Niemeyer as the DL token centanarian. Well, super centanarian come February

AlexanderImichbirthday%20020.JPG

Fucking hell, he's still capable of googling his own name. Incoming...

AlexanderImichbirthday%20020.JPG

Fucking hell, he's still capable of googling his own name. Incoming...

Maybe we've finally found our Dunn successor...

I never understand why people base their picks on someone simply being in their 80s/90s. There a still quite a few well known personalities and celebrities alive from 1903. Age shouldn't be a deciding factor unless they are into their 100's and have health issues.

Without recourse to Google or Wikipedia, name a couple of dozen. If it comes to that, again, without recourse to Google or Wikipedia, name a couple of dozen "well known personalities or celebrities" from 1903, alive or dead. Bet you can't..

I can't speak for everyone but I think that someone aged 80-or-90-something, without knowledge of medical history or lifestyle traits, has a greater chance of dying within the next 12 months than someone of 20-or-30-something.

I would further suggest that were you to analyse mortality figures of all those that have passed away over the last few (shall we say 25?) years, there have been more celebrities aged 80-or-90-something than say, 20-or-30-somethings.

I would guess that's why life insurance premiums increase as you get older.

ok, i'll have a bash at this.........

Jean Kent

Muriel Pavlow

Hywel Bennet

Ryan O' Neal

Bettye Swan

Angela Bofill

Mamie Van Doren

Eleanor Parker

Jan Michael Vincent

and the only one that I pray I get a hit with

Fred Phelps

I personally kind of like the idea of having Ray Harryhausen on the list, but I think that that's never going to happen...

I would also love it if we had another sci-fi writer on the list (replacing Bradbury) there are enough of them that are old, frail and worthy of DL inclussion....

Maybe we've finally found our Dunn successor...

If we need a Dunn successor, I think it needs to be Ronnie Biggs... Can't we change his discription from "ambassador" to "DL Supporter"?

I thought I'd heard of Jan Michael Vincent, but on looking him up, I don't recall watching anything he's been in, and I don't really recognise him (he looked a bit like Swayze in younger days). Who else might I have been thinking of?

I thought I'd heard of Jan Michael Vincent, but on looking him up, I don't recall watching anything he's been in, and I don't really recognise him (he looked a bit like Swayze in younger days). Who else might I have been thinking of?

Isn't he from Airwolf?

Isn't he from Airwolf?

So I gather, but I've never watched it.

Good to see you back, Vaagy.

Isn't he from Airwolf?

So I gather, but I've never watched it.

Good to see you back, Vaagy.

Good to be back... Don't know for how long i'll hang around though... Considering that I havn't owned a computer for the last couple of months...