harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

Who Should Be On The 2013 Deathlist?

I thought I'd heard of Jan Michael Vincent, but on looking him up, I don't recall watching anything he's been in, and I don't really recognise him (he looked a bit like Swayze in younger days). Who else might I have been thinking of?

As others say, he was in Airwolf, but to me he'll always be The Worlds Greatest Athlete (Disney film), he was also in the Charles Bronson film The Mechanic and in TV series The Winds Of War.....was involved in a major car crash some years ago which has affected his memory a bit.

Actually I'm now thinking Efrem Zimbalist Jr might be a better pick.

I thought I'd heard of Jan Michael Vincent, but on looking him up, I don't recall watching anything he's been in, and I don't really recognise him (he looked a bit like Swayze in younger days). Who else might I have been thinking of?

Oh, he is also the first actor to do a full frontal nude scene in a main-stream American film (Buster And Billie)

some ideas

Clive James

Jeremy Thorpe

Brian Cant

Hywel Bennet

Ron Moody

Walter Scheel

Helmut Kohl

Gretel Bergmann

As others say, he was in Airwolf, but to me he'll always be The Worlds Greatest Athlete (Disney film), he was also in the Charles Bronson film The Mechanic and in TV series The Winds Of War.....was involved in a major car crash some years ago which has affected his memory a bit.

No ....... maybe I had him mixed up with Paul Michael Glaser. That might be it.

Alice Herz is another fine 2013 bet, famous German pianist & oldest holocaust survivor, also born in 1903.

Alice Herz is another fine 2013 bet, famous German pianist & oldest holocaust survivor, also born in 1903.

Well granted that's 2, any more?

I'm surprised not to see Thatcher mentioned here. I'd had her pegged to peg this year. Wishful thinking?

Gunther Von Hagens of Korperwelten fame is rough. Parkinson's, I think. Can't speak and is taking a handful of pills every hour just to function. Next year, will he become an exhibit himself?

Freddie Starr looks like hammered hell. In fairness, given the circumstances, who wouldn't... but I have a bad feeling that he'll be driven to doing something regrettable.

Only one I haven't seen mentioned yet I think is worth including is Assad. With the war still raging and his refusal to leave Syria it could be a risky pick that pays off.

I'm surprised not to see Thatcher mentioned here. I'd had her pegged to peg this year. Wishful thinking?

Gunther Von Hagens of Korperwelten fame is rough. Parkinson's, I think. Can't speak and is taking a handful of pills every hour just to function. Next year, will he become an exhibit himself?

Freddie Starr looks like hammered hell. In fairness, given the circumstances, who wouldn't... but I have a bad feeling that he'll be driven to doing something regrettable.

Thatcher is a given, should she see this year out (imo). Useful info about Gunther if that's accurate. Freddie Starr has looked like that for the past few years.

Like the handle!

Here are some more suggestions for the 2013 list:

Fidel Castro

Rise Stevens

Ronnie Biggs

Penny Marshall

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Billy Graham

Wojciech Jaruzelski

I'm surprised not to see Thatcher mentioned here.

I mentioned Thatcher in my suggestions yesterday, although her inclusion is pretty much taken for granted.

• Like 1

I think Bill Maynard was on the first ever dead pool team I put together, back in 1999. Anyway, he's not getting any healthier, and if that doesn't convince you, here he is singing a song to promote stock car racing:

Thatcher is a given, should she see this year out (imo). Useful info about Gunther if that's accurate. Freddie Starr has looked like that for the past few years.

Like the handle!

Didn't know about Gunther either but I do understand he is a haemophiliac and spent much of his life in hospital which is where he developed his morbid obsession (says me, who is posting on a *DeathList*).

• Like 1

I personally kind of like the idea of having Ray Harryhausen on the list, but I think that that's never going to happen...

I would also love it if we had another sci-fi writer on the list (replacing Bradbury) there are enough of them that are old, frail and worthy of DL inclussion....

Jack Vance author of The Dragon Masters and Lyonesse was born in 1916.

Five women who are not currently on the list

Barbara Bush

Doris Lessing

Dinah Sheridan

Judith Kerr

Maureen O' Hara

Guest theGraveYardLover

technically speaking, Ariel Sharon, and Hosni Mubarak are already deceased, I think, being kept going by medica; technology only - thin both have been truly brain dead a long time, now, years in Sharon's case.

technically speaking, Ariel Sharon, and Hosni Mubarak are already deceased, I think, being kept going by medica; technology only - thin both have been truly brain dead a long time, now, years in Sharon's case.

I dunno how brain dead Mubarak can be, if he slipped and fell in the bathroom twice in the last two weeks on his own steam. http://m.upi.com/story/UPI-43501353435863/

I'm surprised not to see Thatcher mentioned here.

I mentioned Thatcher in my suggestions yesterday, although her inclusion is pretty much taken for granted.

Thatcher is a given

Doris Lessing

I'm a huge Doris Lessing fan and I'll be saddened when she goes, but she would make an excellent DL candidate. Incidently, Lessing's feline namesake died recently. As she has written three books about cats, could this be a sign? :unsure:

I think that BOTH Billy Grahams should be on the list.

I think that BOTH Billy Grahams should be on the list.

Tbh, I think we need a poll: "Who will be the first Billy Graham to go?"

I know there's still 55 shopping days to go, but I haven't started a thread in yonks. Try and limit your suggestions to 10, if you please.

George H.W. Bush- to be 89 in June

Jimmy Carter- he will be 89 in October

Lindsay Lohan- she's often too out of it to know her age or where she is.

Clive Swift- I know, he will only be 77 in Feb. but we don't want them all to be elderly

Raul H. Castro (former Gov. of Arizona born in 1916)

Francis 'mad frankie' Fraser- 1 time bank robber been in prison for more than 4 decades, he is 89 already

Lee Radziwell (Jackie Bouvier Kennedy Onasis's sister) will be 80 and her sister's dead awhile already)

King Abdullah (the 1st one) was another who was born in 1924 and is 88 already

Prince Mikasa of Japan, born in 1915.

Jack Vance- born in 1916 reading his books himself would likely do him in.

I know there's still 55 shopping days to go, but I haven't started a thread in yonks. Try and limit your suggestions to 10, if you please.

George H.W. Bush- to be 89 in June

Jimmy Carter- he will be 89 in October

Lindsay Lohan- she's often too out of it to know her age or where she is.

Clive Swift- I know, he will only be 77 in Feb. but we don't want them all to be elderly

Raul H. Castro (former Gov. of Arizona born in 1916)

Francis 'mad frankie' Fraser- 1 time bank robber been in prison for more than 4 decades, he is 89 already

Lee Radziwell (Jackie Bouvier Kennedy Onasis's sister) will be 80 and her sister's dead awhile already)

King Abdullah (the 1st one) was another who was born in 1924 and is 88 already

Prince Mikasa of Japan, born in 1915.

Jack Vance- born in 1916 reading his books himself would likely do him in.

I thought about Lee for my theme team of the rich and aristocratic, but I don't know if she's there yet... Also, I think her sister's demise was due in part to the fact that she smoked three cartons of cigarettes a day.

Out of curiosity, do you think Mikasa will get the UK obit? He would fit quite nicely in the list I've already got going...

I thought about Lee for my theme team of the rich and aristocratic, but I don't know if she's there yet... Also, I think her sister's demise was due in part to the fact that she smoked three cartons of cigarettes a day.

Out of curiosity, do you think Mikasa will get the UK obit? He would fit quite nicely in the list I've already got going...

Lee is probably about due for death, at least I hope so.

Mikasa will probably get some writeup in The Guardian or other UK papers as he a brother of the late Hirohito

(and apologies for misspelling Radziwill)

Only one I haven't seen mentioned yet I think is worth including is Assad. With the war still raging and his refusal to leave Syria it could be a risky pick that pays off.

I think assad has put down that rebellion. The rebels are still fighting but its a losing battle now that's why the media has gone cold on it . Plus the rebels are starting to resemble al Qaeda now so America seems to have stopped supporting them as much .

That whole middle east will blow up one day with Iran , Israel , Palestine and Syria. You could end up having shia Halibuts and assad on one side and israel , al qaeda and USA on the same side fighting against them who would of thought that .