Larry Pestilence III

The English Language

....none of the people he claims to have compalined to have commented yet.

I'd compaline about your spelling, but it hardly seems worht it.

Hard sarcasm. It never gets old.

This list is full of people, such as Syd Barrett and Arthur Lee, who, through their debauchery have met an early end. Its never too late, TLC, to commit yourself to a life of sobriety, thrift and celibacy As they say, you may not live forever but it will feel like it.

I think that out of those three potentially life-extending commitments, point 2 entirely decides whether I can commit to points 1 & 3... :D

I am currently living a life that, in the time-honoured tradition of comparing life to a candle, is burning out fast, but not particularly brightly. Damn candle shop, I must have got a faulty one, probably the same place Princess Diana & Marilyn Monroe got their 'wind-resistant & waterproof candles' from. Same thing with the 'magic' beans. :)

To keep on an English language theme, I read recently that the Cat in the Hat books encourage bad spelling because many of the character names in these books have spelling combinations that do not occur anywhere else in the English language. I don't have my source book with me (Accomodating Brocolli in the Cemetary; not my spelling) and I've never read any of these Cat in the Hat books so I can't give examples but on the face of it that seems a bit remiss. This does presume that these books were written for grammatical purposes rather than to spark kiddies' imagination, I must admit I don't know that either.

Watertight point, I think you'll agree. :skull:

Grammar authority Norman Lewis dies at 93

WHITTIER, Calif. - Norman Lewis, an authority on English grammar and usage who catalogued obscure words and counseled correct pronunciation in dozens of books, has died. He was 93.

WHITTIER, Calif. - Norman Lewis, an authority on English grammar and usage who catalogued obscure words and counseled correct pronunciation in dozens of books, has died. He was 93.

.......... putting his final full stop in just the right place.

Typhoid Harry, from Calafornia as it appears. I hear Oaklend is always cloudy, San Francisco is all gay, San Diego is all hispanic, there are to many gangs in LA. I hear they speak different over there, like everyone is over friendly, my cousin was on vacation down there and he walked into some random guy at the grocery store, the guy talked with him for ten solid minutes about the vegtables he was buying. That is something you don't see everyday. I think that I will look foward to meeting Typhoid Harry.

Typhoid Harry, from Calafornia as it appears. I hear Oaklend is always cloudy, San Francisco is all gay, San Diego is all hispanic, there are to many gangs in LA. I hear they speak different over there, like everyone is over friendly, my cousin was on vacation down there and he walked into some random guy at the grocery store, the guy talked with him for ten solid minutes about the vegtables he was buying. That is something you don't see everyday. I think that I will look foward to meeting Typhoid Harry.

Unusual indeed, most Californians are usually talking vegetables.

The essential volume: http://www.bartleby.com/141/

Americans trying to tell us the correct usage of our own language. :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, I don't speak "British".

Now, Scots, on the other hand...

I don't speak Britisher either, bloody pompous twits all of them.

The Scots are so marvellously ethnic and yet reassuringly, predominantly white. Super.

he'd been in a comma for some time.....

I wouldn't be surprised to learn he had a large part of his intestine removed due to cancer. If so, he would have been left with a semi colon.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn he had a large part of his intestine removed due to cancer. If so, he would have been left with a semi colon.

Your coats, gentlemen. Kindly close the door on your way out.

He might go to Hell. They'll want him for his sin tax.

Its a fair cop. I'm on my way.

I'm strictly cracking down. Learn to capitalize the first letter of your sentences. This will not be tolerated and will be highlighted at higher degrees on a second offense. From now on follow along accordingly.

no...I got it...I'm just pointing out that (no offense to anyone) it's just not that good.

I'm strictly cracking down. Learn to capitalize the first letter of your sentences. This will not be tolerated and will be highlighted at higher degrees on a second offense. From now on follow along accordingly.

no...I got it...I'm just pointing out that (no offense to anyone) it's just not that good.

this is a sentence.

this is a sentence.

this is a sentence.

this is a sentence.

this is a sentence.

this is a sentence.

this is a sentence.

this is a sentence.

this is a sentence.

this is a sentence.

this is a sentence.

this is a sentence.

ok. childish, i know. but fun.

this is a sentence.

this is a sentence.

this is a sentence.

this is a sentence.

this is a sentence.

this is a sentence.

this is a sentence.

this is a sentence.

this is a sentence.

this is a sentence.

this is a sentence.

this is a sentence.

ok. childish, i know. but fun.

yeah. you should really grow up. :lol:

Maybe were too take up Banshees unique interpretation of grammer and spelling to.

spending alot of time proir to regestration as a lurker

You were a Lurker! I've got your first album on vinyl!

Had to look up that reference to my shame, late seventies British punk band known as the British Ramones to save anyone else the bother. Though there is a surprisingly long article on wikipedia about the decidedly non-punk messageboard varitey of lurking.

To be perfectly honest and I'm expressing my true opinion here, Canadian Paul was practically more childish on this subject then Carol Ann, for not only pointing out she was childish - But to actually add to it. I mean my whole motive on this capitalization topic is based on the stupidity of Iain who is some asshole who I believe just screws around on the forums, because obviously and I'm sure everybody can agree 'Nobody could be that stupid' I understand your both fooling around, but in the end your both not setting a good example and at the least I'm very disappointed with both of you.

To be perfectly honest and I'm expressing my true opinion here, Canadian Paul was practically more childish on this subject then Carol Ann, for not only pointing out she was childish - But to actually add to it. I mean my whole motive on this capitalization topic is based on the stupidity of Iain who is some asshole who I believe just screws around on the forums, because obviously and I'm sure everybody can agree 'Nobody could be that stupid' I understand your both fooling around, but in the end your both not setting a good example and at the least I'm very disappointed with both of you.

First of all, I was obviously kidding with what I said to CarolAnn. Not everyone needs things spelled out. Secondly, I'm pointing out that, above the utter and complete pointlessness of criticizing people for something like capitalization on an internet forum, that you, above nearly enough, have no right to be telling anyone how to post properly on a forum.

Nor do I of course but, then again, I don't tell people how to post.

First of all, I was obviously kidding with what I said to CarolAnn. Not everyone needs things spelled out. Secondly, I'm pointing out that, above the utter and complete pointlessness of criticizing people for something like capitalization on an internet forum, that you, above nearly enough, have no right to be telling anyone how to post properly on a forum.

I am with you CP. I can live with people not capitalising, I don't let it get to me. More to life and all that jazz. In fact if I am honest it is far easier to understand someone who hasn't capitalised than someone who has made a handful or more of linguistic errors, mentioning no names.

Guest Professor S. Tewery-English

I am with you CP. I can live with people not capitalising, I don't let it get to me. More to life and all that jazz. In fact if I am honest it is far easier to understand someone who hasn't capitalised than someone who has made a handful or more of linguistic errors, mentioning no names.

After researching it for over two months, I now believe Screamish to be an entirely new language and therefore not subject to the traditional rules of punctuation, grammar, spelling or, in particular, logic.

Dear Professor S. Tewery-

I don't really understand 'why' you would study me when the world has so many unanswered questions, from literary assignments to scientific research I should be the least of your concerns, and your dramatic criticism to the show down of your two line comment leaves me dead on weary. Professor out of all the unknowns I'm shocked to hear that I've been included in your studies, in a way I'm honored but at the same time I don't believe it is necessary.