Larry Pestilence III

The English Language

I love that Engrish site. Wouldn't you just love to have a Hyper Nonsense World Tabasco Shower. Perhaps you could invite a friend over to enjoy it with you?

DWB :lol:

You konw, tehre was a rcneet snicteiifc sduty taht funod out taht a stnencee was sltil qiute rdabelae eevn if all the ltetres ecepxt the frsit and lsat oens wree jmbueld up. Aazmnig, eh ?!

Guest IYG
You konw, tehre was a rcneet snicteiifc sduty taht funod out taht a stnencee was sltil qiute rdabelae eevn if all the ltetres ecepxt the frsit and lsat oens wree jmbueld up. Aazmnig, eh ?!

My dad's a professor here in the university and he has that same words pretty much on his door with everything mixed except the first and last letter, it's brilliant.

waht a laod of bisluhlt. I cna't utsadernnd a fgnciukg wrod of tshoe jeblmud leertts.

brilliant, just think, if I had stuck in at school, I could have learned all that

It'll certainly get the swear filter puzzled.

mhetorfkceur

fwkicwut

ashlreoe

siht

psis

tunwk

mhetorfkceur

fwkicwut

ashlreoe

siht

psis

tunwk

Perhaps we need to get a sewar flietr.

I got all the others, but "tunwk?" "Twunk?" Sorry, that's a new one to me.

(Apologies in advance to the swear filter)

mhetorfkceur

fwkicwut

ashlreoe

siht

psis

tunwk

Perhaps we need to get a sewar flietr.

Methinks "fwkicwut" may just have one too many "W's"?

Having access to the swear filter, me thinks you could have a bit of a laugh by typing in normal words and having them miraculously changed into different words.

For example: My name is Mr. Beatle and I enjoy stringing my beans up in the vegetable garden with a cigarette in my mouth and a hat on my head.

Could Become: My name is Mr. Hutchence and I enjoy stringing my balls up in the hotel room with a orange in my mouth and a bag on my head.

You see, any simple, inoffensive sentence can be altered without anyone knowing, with hilarious results...

...or perhaps legal action!

DWB :pop:

Methinks "fwkicwut" may just have one too many "W's"?

Fwcuk

So DWB, do you have the power to mutate the DeathList introduction into something resembling an English grammatical construct? :blink:

No!

DWB :pop:

I, of course, have all sorts of powers to use against LPIII should his campaign continue :blink:

I, of course, have all sorts of powers to use against LPIII should his campaign continue :pop:

Hmm. Time to call it time, I guess. I'm clearly up against a singularly determined, maniacal, oppressive and comical dictatorship. :blink:

On a less revolutionary note, at least Boro' didn't lose last night, despite playing like siht*.

* With thanks to Yeti.

I'm clearly up against a singularly determined, maniacal, oppressive and comical dictatorship. :lol:

If only Churchill had heard of that one, he might have said democracy is only the second best form of government.

"So here are the carefully selected candidates for DeathList 2005. To summarise the idea behind DeathList: The DeathList committee draws up the DeathList at the end of each year with the objective of selecting the most celebrities who will die in the next calendar year. The list comprises 50 celebrities, with no more than 25 who appeared on the previous year's list. The 2004 list had 12 successes, but was unable to overhaul the record of 14 set in 2003. How will the 2005 runners and riders fare?"

Nice. :lol:

Guest Death List Observer

As a linguistics scholar, I couldn't agree more. It is about time for the DeathList and the general population to begin using proper grammar. Ours is a culture in decline unless we return to grammatical and academic excellence. I believe that the corrections made by the user who created this thread should be enacted, rather than debated.

DLO, The trouble is with LPIII's original suggestions is that they can only be enacted once - and that has been done some time ago.

Am I missing your point or are you missing the fact that they've been implimented already?

DLO, The trouble is with LPIII's original suggestions is that they can only be enacted once - and that has been done some time ago.

Am I missing your point or are you missing the fact that they've been implimented already?

implimented?

Recently I have noticed that our language as we know it might be dead or alterd to something much more diverse in the year 2005. Or mabey even 2006, anyway sometime soon it will be something completely different then it use to be. I dont know if a language would be an acceptable pick for the death list, but I dont see why not? :rip:

Recently I have noticed that our language as we know it might be dead or alterd to something much more diverse in the year 2005. Or mabey even 2006, anyway sometime soon it will be something completely different then it use to be.

I see what you mean.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1