Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bet Lynch

Liz Dawn

1 hour ago, Deathray said:

She's my joker on the Cobbles to a Coffin theme team, it's possible to pick someone for a deadpool and still hope they live. Some things are bigger than DDP. 

This game is about probability not desire. You know more about these people than footballers or politicians so it makes sense to pick them. I had picked Terry Pratchett on a Couple of pools but it still felt like a punch to the stomach when I heard he had died. 

28 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

What a load of bollocks and very poorly written - "her death has come as a shock and loved ones are really worried"! About funeral costs....?

Her death wouldn't be that big of a shock since she has been suffering from emphysema for years anyways...

You are not new to this forums, Joey. Don't reports hoaxes which are clearly hoaxes. The poorly written article said she died on Sunday while we got positive news from The Sun about her improving health on Monday. It was a total load of bullshit, like the NE on Bob Barker, but though the latest has been reported by complete newbies, a pretty estabilished member like you should recognize, and therefore not post, implausible hoaxes. Thanks.

• Thanks 4

Soon, a simple cold will kill her.

• Like 1

I was at a class tonight and the teacher announced that Vera from Corrie had died - I was very surprised as I had been on this thread just before leaving for the class but I couldn't work out how I could announce that she was mistaken without betraying my healthy obsession with the dead and dying.

Anyhow I was quite excited at the possibility that she had died in the 5 minute walk between my car and the class as I have her on a few pools hereabouts but my hopes were dashed when I logged on to discover the truth.

Rather strangely I got back to my car to discover that Vera was alive but another woman I know of a similar age had died.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Soon, a simple cold will kill her.

I have a cold right now so there's no question that it's going around. We'll see.

Can't believe the amount of people who legitimately believe she has died. Reminds me of the Desmond Tutu hoax last year...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Can't believe the amount of people who legitimately believe she has died. Reminds me of the Desmond Tutu hoax last year...

Mind, there is summat of a soap opera quality about it; appropriate

Very sad to hear though maybe not entirely unexpected. 12 hits and not even 3/4 through the year. If we don't beat 14 this time we never will !

This year can easily end with 15-16 deaths with the last two months' pace.

RIP - she lasted far longer than I expected. Also one of the few soap actresses I'd recognise on sight.

Commiserations with Deathray, incidentally.

Her death seemed to go on for about 7 years. She's at rest now.

Wouldn't want to be Valerie Harper looking at the front page right about now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, msc said:

Wouldn't want to be Valerie Harper looking at the front page right about now.

I was just about to say that.She's the only person still alive from the bottom 8 .That's just weird!