Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bet Lynch

Liz Dawn

Guest Bet Lynch

Vera Duckworth (AKA emphysema-suffering actress Liz Dawn) meets her maker on t'Street tonight, eyes pecked out of her rotting skull by Jack's pigeons after electrocuting herself in a massage chair. Flamin' nora.

Liz Dawn talks about lung disease with Sir Trevor McDonald. Blurb describes the show as 'moving.' Guess it would have been bad to taste to add the words 'recommended form-studying for deadpoolers.'
  • Like 1

Guest Guest_The Mysteron_*
This is really most tiresome, DDT - I do hope your next batch of suggestions are not going to continue to die a day after suggestion. :skull: It is making a mess of my deathlist. :P

Another one for the DDT scrapbook!

May be a lame idea but Liz Dawn (Corrie actress who played Vera Duckworth) should be a good bet for 2009. Recently retired from show in a death scene (getting some practice?!?)

Liz Dawn was on Loose Women yesterday and was laughing and talking fine it seemed. Didn't look on the brink of death at all.

I have sort of accepted she has been a wasted pick on my ddp team.

She said she had also just done "All Star Mr&Mrs" presented by the lovely Vernon Kay.

Has anyone suggest Liz Dawn yet?

Her empysyema is getting pretty bad!

No it's not, infact she's getting better. Probably a good few years left in her yet. I'm removing her from my DDP.

It can't get "better" it's a irreversible, degenerative disease, it can be managed, and you can have treatments to improve your quality of life, but it doesnt ever get better!

No it's not, infact she's getting better. Probably a good few years left in her yet. I'm removing her from my DDP.

It can't get "better" it's a irreversible, degenerative disease, it can be managed, and you can have treatments to improve your quality of life, but it doesnt ever get better!

That's not what I meant. Her symptoms have improved quite a bit and she isn't currently ill from the disease.... emphysema's a hit or a miss tbh.. yes she won't get better but she could go on for another 10 years yet...

That's not what I meant. Her symptoms have improved quite a bit and she isn't currently ill from the disease.... emphysema's a hit or a miss tbh.. yes she won't get better but she could go on for another 10 years yet...

My Aunt's about Liz Dawn's age, but she's had it for years and years... aside from not being able to smoke or be around strong perfumes/colognes, she's no different from when she was diagnosed and still keeps a schedule busy enough to rival most people my age (my lazy ass included). Now obviously that's not the case for everyone, but if she's smart about it and can afford proper treatment, then she could go for a very long time yet...

Could also be a a sad double for Liz Dawn and Bill Tarmey.

Dunno about Bill Tarmey, though with his previous heart problems he could pop off at any time, but I was very surprised to see Liz Dawn in a wheelchair recently.

Yet again the tossing search function will not work and find me the thread about Liz Dawn, but she's on the Soap Awards thing now sounding very breathless.

Just saw Liz Dawn (Vera) at his funeral crouched over in a wheelchair. Stonewaller for next year I reckon.

Just saw Liz Dawn (Vera) at his funeral crouched over in a wheelchair. Stonewaller for next year I reckon.

I agree, it was seeing Bob Holness in a wheel chair at Johnny Dankworth's funeral that made me pick him in our game at work (admittedly it took over 12 months).

Front page of Monday's Daily Mirror has the splash "Doctors can do no more for me".

Extracts from the Sunday Mirror regarding health include:

"Her breathing is now so bad she can no longer walk further than a few steps and she arrived for our interview in a wheelchair.

Only two weeks ago she was rushed to ­hospital where she spent two days undergoing treatment for her chronic condition."

She looks in reasonable health in the pictures, if somewhat frail, but emphysema is one of those illnesses that tend to get worse quickly so...

Liz Dawn speaks candidly about her health.

Out of this week's Sun features on her, this is probably the article of interest to those keeping an eye on her.

Should she still be breathing (with considerable difficulty from the sound of it) come January 1st, there's NO excuse for her omission. Sounds kinda doubtful she'll last out this year tho, puzzled as to why she didn't make the list

That's funny. I'd rather die before I appear on Who Do You Think You Are?

• Like 2

Apparenlty she wants to appear on Who do you think you are? before she dies.

This is from a couple of weeks ago

wow she looks really rough in that picture. The Heart attack has taken alot out of her , one more or pneumonia would probably finish her off. Somehow though i think she is a fighter and can she her lasting a couple of years yet.

Actress-Elizabeth-Liz-Dawn-2315907.jpg

Blimey! I thought it was Ronnie Biggs at first glance.

article-2296402-0ED67D0700000578-225_470x423.jpg

• Like 1

Actress-Elizabeth-Liz-Dawn-2315907.jpg

Blimey! I thought it was Ronnie Biggs at first glance.

article-2296402-0ED67D0700000578-225_470x423.jpg

D'ya think Biggs' continued hold on life is down to catching and swallowing flies? I haven't seen him pictured with his gob shut in the last two years.