Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bet Lynch

Liz Dawn

u guys are being a bit harsh . sure, he maks ton of spelin mistackes, but it not like it relly matter on da internet.

Fucks up the search function though and that does matter.

Well, if it's only in his signature, it's kinda invisible for the engine anyways. For posts, yes, that does matter for the search engine, but if he posts a link with the name embedded inside the URL, it might still find it (at least, if you search for the surname).

anyway let's change the subject do you think she will be added on the official death list this year.

Possibly.She has been ill for a long time and looks frail in the pics of her filming in Emmerdale

Sounds like the surgery could well kill her.

I'm as confident of her not dying on this year's list as my ability to nominate Ben Suisala as my joker. 

I think she'll make it. She seems confident about the upcoming surgery and it might help her make it for years to come. It is concerning that she wasn't allowed to visit the wedding, but if the surgery is a success, I could see a case to leave her off of 2018.

Not to disagree, but you know who was confident about their heart surgery? Rodney Dangerfield.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

I think she'll make it. She seems confident about the upcoming surgery and it might help her make it for years to come. It is concerning that she wasn't allowed to visit the wedding, but if the surgery is a success, I could see a case to leave her off of 2018.

She has had severe emphysema for years now though.

27 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

She has had severe emphysema for years now though.

People can live with it for decades. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

People can live with it for decades. 

Yeah but she announced she had it in 2004 and said her symptoms were there from the late 90`s.Also nearly a decade ago when she left Corrie only a third of her lungs were working.Also she had a pacemaker 4 years ago and has been hospitalized with pneumonia several times.Yeah she may last until 2018 but taking her off the list would be reckless given how ill she is.

• Like 2

She's probably one of the worst picks on the list tbh. Not as bad as David Prowse or Gay Byrne, but she's certainly up there.

5 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

She's probably one of the worst picks on the list tbh. Not as bad as David Prowse or Gay Byrne, but she's certainly up there.

Your opinion is probably coloured by the fact that you wouldn't really have a clue who she is.

• Like 6

Yeah, massive TV face here. I know who she is, and I never watch soaps. Also, iller than half the 90+ year olds on the list, and besides, we got Jack in 2012.

• Like 3

Can't believe people are seriously suggesting Liz Dawn isn't a good pick.

She's been on her death bed for a decade and a half, she's one of the most famous woman in Britain and pat of one of the most long-lived and recognisable television institutions. When she does go, she'll be the main story on every front page, every news channel  every online breaking news alert and she'll get an hour long special after the episode of Coronation Street that is dedicated to her memory the day after she goes. There's only a handful of surviving soap opera actors that would get treatment like that and even fewer who are known to be unwell. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Rubbish.As has been said before she is a household name and her character was as iconic as Deirdre Barlow Annie Walker Hilda Ogden Dot Cotton and Bet Lynch.When her character died in 2008 it made the News at Ten as I recall.Having heart surgery at 77 when in the late stages of emphysema is risky.Emphysema does not get better and combined with heart disease can easily be fatal if complications like pneumonia occur.

• Like 2

This is from 2008 .I cant find the actual program but it was pretty bleak as I recall.

Liz dawn is one of the best picks on this list.

• Like 1

I know am just scratching my head as I havent the foggiest whether no news is good news in this case.

This one I believe unlike the Bob Barker news from the national enquirer. Hit #11 coming this week...

• Like 2

The title of the article has her age wrong though. Sad...