themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2013

Well it's back folks.

For most on here it's the usual drill but for newcomers and lurkers here are the procedures:

On the front page and the rules page there's a direct link to the email to send to me with the entry form all set out...

Here is what to do to send an entry to Derby Dead Pool 2013:

Team Name: Put your team name here. Make sure it’s original!

Joker (Pick 1): Will win double points should they cark it.

Pick 2: AN Other etc (try not adding Sirs/Dames etc).

Pick 3: If they are on the obscure side, maybe a word or about who they are.

Pick 4: Similar named celebs (Phil Taylor, Frank Williams etc) Let me know which one!

Pick 5: Make sure they are still alive!

Pick 6: Make sure they are all different. No Duplicates please.

Pick 7: Make sure they are all different. No Duplicates please.

Pick 8: See, I told you to make sure they are different!

Pick 9: Don’t add too many “middle” names (James Paul McCartney etc).

Pick 10: Unless of course they are known by their full name (Jerry Lee Lewis etc).

Pick 11:

Pick 12:

Pick 13:

Pick 14:

Pick 15:

Pick 16:

Pick 17:

Pick 18:

Pick 19:

Pick 20:

Reserve Pick(s): A maximum of three picks. Put them in order so if any celeb goes before December 31st, then the next one will come next into the list. Should the Joker die, the replacement has to be from the remaining 19.

Additional Information (alternative emails etc): Have you entered before and want to change the team name? Are you a theme team? Do you want the regular emails to go somewhere else?

The rules are here: http://www.derbydead...nd_scoring.html

Good luck everybody!

As I'm still 0 for 60, can you just take my 2012 teams and re-enter them? It'd save me the trouble of e-mailing them. Same goes for 2014.

Cheers.

Guest goalimmarlicy

Hello. And Bye.

So did the HuffPo get accepted in the end or not? Also, the BBC music webpage has an automatically updated catalogue of musicians which notes when they're dead, such as here. Does that count for obituaries or not?

I've decided not to go for Huffington. The BBC music page seems to be series of links to other sites, but if for example it had a picture of a musician and the caption said "Thingy, who died this year/in 2013", then I suppose that would count...

only 2 out of 20 this year for me don't think i will improve on that this year .

2013 I'll be happy with 3 out of 20 haha .

6/20 by December 1st, and a place in the top 100 isn't bad for a first shot, I guess!

Really not possible to get 20 out of 20.

Unless everyone on your team is a bonafide "only got 6 months to live". And even then there is every chance that some of those doctors were very wrong. Just look at the al-Megradi "only got 3 months to live". Lasted 3 years.

Just pot luck. If 400 people have just this approach we never see anything quite as close as 20 out of 20.

My best 9 out of 10 was a highlight but no one has ever done a 10 out of 10 on Rotten.com's 50,000 entries.

Well the DDP record is 13, recorded by several teams. 15 is possible with a bit of luck...

I think I am having one of my best years ever. 3/20 in one of my teams

Got a top 10 finish, which is what I set out for this year. Still one of only four teams who can still win the tournament with a single death, but I'm not holing hope out.

There's always next season, as Liverpool fans are want to say.

8/20 and a Top 20 finish. Not bad for my first try.

2013 will be even better provided all my picks stay alive for 30 more days.

I still need to decide between Francis George and Jack Pardee...

I'm shooting for top ten this year too. But I've slowly dropped from 1st to 16th. OUCH! :shock2:

...and say the ...Illuminati... decide to bring on world war III on the 21st. Shall the game go on?

For me the upcoming'll be my first year in. :pop: Will be aiming high as well.

no one has ever done a 10 out of 10 on Rotten.com's 50,000 entries.

The problem with Rotten.com is that you have to pick from people on their list, which being very USA-centric, misses out a lot of good candidates. I think you can submit suggestions, but it's a matter of being arsed.

I'm having my best ever year, currently sitting at 21st with 7 hits - now if only David Blaine would drop his toaster in the bath, and Carla Laemmle has a nasty spill down the stairs, I reckon I can wrap this one up :)

I'm having my best ever year, currently sitting at 21st with 7 hits - now if only David Blaine would drop his toaster in the bath, and Carla Laemmle has a nasty spill down the stairs, I reckon I can wrap this one up :)

Yes, the gals done good. I'll drop the "another disappointing year" caption for 2013! :)

A way off my 10th place debut year, hoping for massive improvement next year...particularly a better choice of joker

Slipped back a little bit of late but top 30 is still exceeding my expectations by a long way. But I'm just hoping to avoid Second Season Syndrome - my choices (thus far) for next year are probably more thought out than last year's but sometimes you can rationalise it too much. It's inevitable that some of the cancer sufferers will survive and some of the ALS sufferers will live another year

Got a couple of wildcards in there but by no means guaranteed to snuff it

Currently an equal 81st but my lot have been a bit of a let down. Many are pretty well half dead but they are just not passing over. Still hope for better luck in this last month... A double day twice in a row would be nice but right now I'm not holding my breath.

I was thinking that, in reality, 20 out of 20 shouldn't be that difficult, considering the amount of people who die in a year, but I agree with Blackie, 15 is the likely record for now.

I'm pleased with my year this year, because it's proved I'm still able to challenge. Especially so, because of my 2010 win. I gave up running it in 2009, and athough it was entered fair & square, it must've looked shifty to some when I won in 2010 (albeit with a low score), and even more so, when I was absolutely nowhere in 2011.

No-one else has said it, but thank you, TMIB for running it another year. It's an colossal and thankless task.

The pre requisite is that you have to be sure that the team members are all of a nature not to see out the year. God knows how many people are forever trusting that Maggie, Sharon and Biggs won't be able to manage it again but they nearly always do.

Just when you give up on these types and remove them from your list they exit pronto stage left...

Jobs, Seve, Hagman et al...

The top of my spreadsheet is still populated by Billy Graham, Castro, Sharon, Biggs and Gabor . Are they lasting into next year? I fully expect them too. But they all could be gone before the new year for all we know of their illnesses.

Exact science... Poo... So much of it is still down to more luck than judgement... 20 out of 20 will only happen as a fluke when the player can find 20 names who have a typical life expectancy of less than 3 months just before the 31st of December.

Older the better if you want the 20 out of 20 more so, but not necessarily the outright points topping leaderboard end game.

I've ten or so but they rarely come good in the Swayze, Pavarotti, Gibbs route.

Thinking on my feet I'm half interested to aim for the perfect clear as my theme team. So far in two years my p!ss take team has just one hit in Mike Wallace. Total under-performance.

Ah-well...

Well it's back folks.

For most on here it's the usual drill but for newcomers and lurkers here are the procedures:

On the front page and the rules page there's a direct link to the email to send to me with the entry form all set out...

Here is what to do to send an entry to Derby Dead Pool 2013:

Team Name: Put your team name here. Make sure it’s original!

Joker (Pick 1): Will win double points should they cark it.

Pick 2: AN Other etc (try not adding Sirs/Dames etc).

Pick 3: If they are on the obscure side, maybe a word or about who they are.

Pick 4: Similar named celebs (Phil Taylor, Frank Williams etc) Let me know which one!

Pick 5: Make sure they are still alive!

Pick 6: Make sure they are all different. No Duplicates please.

Pick 7: Make sure they are all different. No Duplicates please.

Pick 8: See, I told you to make sure they are different!

Pick 9: Don’t add too many “middle” names (James Paul McCartney etc).

Pick 10: Unless of course they are known by their full name (Jerry Lee Lewis etc).

Pick 11:

Pick 12:

Pick 13:

Pick 14:

Pick 15:

Pick 16:

Pick 17:

Pick 18:

Pick 19:

Pick 20:

Reserve Pick(s): A maximum of three picks. Put them in order so if any celeb goes before December 31st, then the next one will come next into the list. Should the Joker die, the replacement has to be from the remaining 19.

Additional Information (alternative emails etc): Have you entered before and want to change the team name? Are you a theme team? Do you want the regular emails to go somewhere else?

The rules are here: http://www.derbydead...nd_scoring.html

Good luck everybody!

Hi TMIB ''Picks that are on trial or are put on trial and are found guilty and executed are not disqualified but will not claim the unnatural points bonus''.

So for example if I picked saif Gaddafi would the line above cover him? I will get the standard points for him?