themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2013

Just sent mine in.

Just sent mine in.

and I forgot to include any subs in the list. *grrrr*

I've entered both my teams, one main, one theme. I was going to do it on New Year's Eve but have decided that I'll sit and relax and enjoy a lager than go on Google News all night and refresh every 10 minutes "terminally ill", "hospice" and "near death"

I am sure I am going to regret this but providing none of the 20 submitted die in the next 2 days, I've droped Bernie Nolan, Jaruzelski and at the very, very last minute, after changing my mind twice and eventually going with my gut feeling, Jalal Talabani. Time will tell if Pick 20 on my entry list pays dividends.

Still haven't had confirmation for my theme team? Not fussed about that, just worried might my main team won't go through when I send it tomorrow...

EDIT: Nevermind, my fault, fixed it and main team and theme team sent off....cautiously optimistic about next year!

Death List 2013:

Nelson Mandela, Muhammad Ali, Nancy Reagan, Gough Whitlam, Luise Rainer, Herman Wouk, Margaret Thatcher, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Stephen Hawking, Alice Herz-Sommer,

George HW Bush, Annette Funicello, Bernadette Nolan, Mark “Chopper” Read, Betty Cuthbert, Chrissy Amphlett, Kristen Stewart, P.D. James, Superstar Billy Graham,

Robert Mugabe

And for the Aussies:

Mark “Chopper” Read, Gough Whitlam, Rod Laver, Hazel Hawke, Darrell Eastlake, Mandawuy Yunupingu, Alan Davidson, Helen Garner, Wilson Tuckey, Maggie Tabberer,

Betty Cuthbert, Ugly Dave Gray, Lou Richards, Chrissy Amphlett, Marcia Hines, Arthur Morris, Ken Done, Nick D’Arcy, Noel Kelly, Father Geoffrey Schneider (world's oldest teacher)

Think... think I've settled on a 20 now. No Bush Sr, no Mandela. Controversial.

I sent mine in, using my own mail service, not Outlook. The team is Deadfellas.

I was planning to give my team some consideration this evening, but instead opted to drink much gin and construct a large goose from Lego.

I'll give it some more thought in the morning. Something isn't right with the beak.

• Like 1

Submitted my theme. My main roster'll be coming in tomorrow. (well, from where I am... guess the accurate perspective from the UK would be later today)

Only four female members of my line-up. I think deadpooling needs to check its privilege.

Reet, I'm in. One main team, two theme teams, and I've sent yers a couple of pictures of new picks this year.

Just sent in my team. Also not that many women. At least one of them in my list is the Joker.

First time ever. Is there a prize for rookies? :)

Just sent in my main team and theme team.While my 2012 team was full of people from all over the globe and netted me hits from 8 people of 8 different countries, my main team in 2013 has 17 of the 20 from either the Usa or British Isles.

Just sent in another list, this time theme team.

Right, that's enough over-analysing and last-minute changes I'll probably regret. All in.

No Mandela, Misch or Biggs and I've probably fallen for some Lee Evans gambits, but in the words of Bush Jr.: "Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

And thanks to TMIB for all the hard work; much appreciated.

My was submitted last night after I'd sobered up a bit. At the precise moment I pressed "send", the moon disappeared behind a cloud and I heard a dog howling in the distance. Spooky. :huh:

• Like 1

As a big treat for you all, here's my 2013 theme team. They're called The 1922 Committee. Can you guess the theme?

Joker (Pick 1): Anker Jørgensen

Pick 2: Árpád Göncz

Pick 3: Bill Macy

Pick 4: Christopher Lee

Pick 5: Coleen Gray

Pick 6: Denis Norden

Pick 7: Doris Day

Pick 8: Eileen Ford

Pick 9: Eleanor Parker

Pick 10: George Blake

Pick 11: Lou Duva

Pick 12: Luis Echeverría Álvarez

Pick 13: Lyndon LaRouche

Pick 14: Marty Allen

Pick 15: Otto Carius

Pick 16: Patrick Macnee

Pick 17: Pierre Cardin

Pick 18: Ralph H. Baer

Pick 19: Sid Caesar

Pick 20: Tom Finney

I've just pulled Jim Garner and Billy Graham - you know what happens next...

I've just put them back in!

In fact a whole re-jig.

Theme team now only world leaders... I know it's being done by someone else but I've pulled all of them out of my main team...

Why?

I don't know?

Dumb thing to do!

I've just pulled Jim Garner and Billy Graham - you know what happens next...

:o

My list has been submitted. Only two people older than 80. Decided not to go with Anne Williams in the end on the merit that there's enough ill people I'm more comfortable with picking. Also dropped Bernie Nolan at the last moment, instead putting her as my first alternate.

Mine are too, ever since the Suzman incident my teams remain unchanged apart from replacing those who snuffed it.

I didn't get a confirming email when I submitted my team. Is there a problem or am I just paranoid?