themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2013

Records are made to be broken, I will shake the hand (read "click like this") of the man who first gets 16 hits. I suppose the next major "four minute mile" barrier for the DDP is being the first person to break 120 points. An impossible dream?

will done spade beating 15 will take some doing that's for sure.

Records are made to be broken, I will shake the hand (read "click like this") of the man who first gets 16 hits. I suppose the next major "four minute mile" barrier for the DDP is being the first person to break 120 points. An impossible dream?

If Jardine kicked the bucket then certainly. Still you can't complain with 15 hits. 218 hits (with no doubt more to come) overall and the following sequence of points in the top ten: 111, 102, 101, 99, 98, 98, 97, 97, 93 & 93. That's phenomenal business by anybody's standards and congratulations to all of those who have contributed to a truly marvelous DDP in 2013...

Congratulations on the victory, Cooley.

Personally, I'm relatively happy with my first year.

Hits: 8

Position: 110

I did better than I did in 2012. That's good enough for me. I figure I'll get into the Top 10 in 2014, the Top 5 in 2015, and win the whole thing in 2016 with the deaths of Bob Hoskins and Fernando Ricksen pulling me across the finish line.

Not sure if this was caught already or not but I noticed that the latest update didn't have right-to-die campainger Marie Fleming, who was a pick for one team.

Spade, you are a legend, all the more so for the modesty and realism of the above post.

Then again, it could be a woman who breaks 120 pts and 16 hits!

• Like 1

Congratulations Spade, huge victory and without a joker to boot.

Bit miffed at the lack of an obituary for Chick Willis but that's what I get for taking so many risks, I wouldn't have come top regardless but it would have been nice to be at the top end of the table...

92 points and 11 hits is still quite good going, Bert - last two years that'd have seen you comfortably 2nd. I mean, you could be in joint 188th place.

Sobering to think Odstock's winning point tally from 2010 would have earned him 31st place this year.

EDIT - I was sure I'd passed on congratulations to Spade before, but apparently not. He's quite good at the putting the names of folk who will die on a list thing. I only recently got the Quantick thing, having missed his "poncing about" in 2010.

Less than 24 hrs for Spade to hang on.

I still think there could be a twist in this years comp though and have had a feeling all year the DDP may be won and lost on NYE.

Maybe Kim Jong-Un will decide to provide the entertainment at the Workers Party of Korea, New Years eve party, by executing his sister. She may even innocently overdose on Brandy and Babysham...either way, Fingers crossed.

Does this count as an obit for Claude King?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...4e-2c76248f1bd8

Not sure if you can count that as "news" or not.

I'd be interested to know as well. There is someone I might put on my list for next year if it counts, because I know they have a profile on that site, and that's about it! Lol.

Well done to an unbelievable performance. 15 will stand for along time (unles you sneak one in the last few hours).

Cheers.

Spade, you are a legend, all the more so for the modesty and realism of the above post.

Then again, it could be a woman who breaks 120 pts and 16 hits!

Watch this space, chaps, watch this space......:D

I was more succesful last year when I gained 41st place. This year same amount of hits and nearly same amount points but the place is 71st.

Ah well. Finally got my first top 10 but looked so much better a few months ago.

Great competition last year lads.

Cheers TMIB and well done Spade.

As above, well done Spade and thanks TMIB for the continued splendid hard work :)

4th place, 99 points. Pardee was pretty much my death knell but given that I still would've lost even if he failed to obit, I can't complain over dropping a few spots especially when I well exceeded how I expected to do. Probably the highest amount of points a first timer has reached and I'm happy with it.

Already gave congrats to Spade and indeed, many thanks to TMIB for your effort in running the pool. And cheers to the competitors overall for making this a very memorable DDP.

Although it's 6 months after the fact and 4 days too late to effect points

http://omg.yahoo.com...GlkA1ZJUDI0NF8x

For stats and and fact archive purposes I suppose it just came out the La Coroners Dept has officially ruled the cause of Lisa Robin Kellys death to be "multiple drug intoxication" and an accidental death.

Hey, I have a question to The Man In Black: In the DDP website, you state that John Stephenson "unfortunately died in 2012, so no points will be awarded...". But this hasn't been confirmed and is thus just a rumour so far. You can read more on his Wikipedia talk page: http://en.wikipedia....ephenson_(actor)

He is still incorrectly listed as dead on the Derby Dead Pool website.

http://www.derbydead...3/celebs_S.html