Windsor

The Dead Of 2013

A thread to report the deaths of all those famous folk who kick the bucket in 2013.

Also a place for arguing over whether the deaths of celebs who already have their own threads need to be posted here.

Also a thread for guests to report big deaths multiple times, just incase we missed it the first 3 times.

Here's hoping for a good year!

• Like 2

For what it is worth, 'Dead of 2013' should mean anyone who dies in 2013 can get posted in this thread. They can have as many threads as they want, knit a pullover with all the threads, but at least this one should mean what it says. Happy New Year.

Just like Christmas, this thread starts earlier and earlier...

• Like 2

I wonder if my list will be good to me this year, last year I had 9 people off of my list go, which was a new record for me. :D

Aggers tweeting CMJ fallen to cancer. nowt reported yet.....

http://inagist.com/all/286070562273501184/ ,more widespread now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ricket/20881346

Well thats a decent start to my DDP. CMJ was my joker so with Aggers confirming he died this morning all need to do is see if hes worth

16 points or 22 (unique pick). Hats off to Geoff Boycott and then CMJ's Twitter page for the tip and confirmation. No postings since November and total media silence from him over Greig's death meant the end was likely soon....

I knew this was going to be a shit year...

Congratulations OoO. ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/20881346

Well thats a decent start to my DDP. CMj was my joker so with Aggers confirming he died this morning all need to do is see if hes worth

16 points or 22 (unique pick). Hats off to Geoff Boycott and then CMJ's Twitter page for the tip and confirmation

According to my calculations (which at this moment in time means using the search option on my Gmail app sitting at my mun's house) one other team chose CMJ. Could have done with at least a couple of days grace but that's modern day DDP for you...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ricket/20881346

Well thats a decent start to my DDP. CMj was my joker so with Aggers confirming he died this morning all need to do is see if hes worth

16 points or 22 (unique pick). Hats off to Geoff Boycott and then CMJ's Twitter page for the tip and confirmation

I'm just relieved you didn't have him in the Deathrace 2013.

I am sure I saw somewhere that someone has picked David James, a musician who was gravely ill over Christmas - I did think about him myself as a last-minute entry.

I'm glad I didn't. James is dead and got a relevant obituary from The Telegraph, but sadly for those who picked him............. he died New Year's Eve. Unlucky, because that is really unfortunate. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9774373/Grandfather-at-centre-of-right-to-life-battle-dies.html

I am sure I saw somewhere that someone has picked David James, a musician who was gravely ill over Christmas - I did think about him myself as a last-minute entry.

I'm glad I didn't. James is dead and got a relevant obituary from The Telegraph, but sadly for those who picked him............. he died New Year's Eve. Unlucky, because that is really unfortunate. http://www.telegraph...attle-dies.html

Oh hell :banghead: At the very least, are alts considered acceptable for people who die before the New Year but are known within the first few days?

I'm glad I didn't. James is dead and got a relevant obituary from The Telegraph, but sadly for those who picked him............. he died New Year's Eve. Unlucky, because that is really unfortunate. http://www.telegraph...attle-dies.html

Oh hell :banghead: At the very least, are alts considered acceptable for people who die before the New Year but are known within the first few days?

Oh yes. Anyone that snuffs it gets a replacement...

Beate Sirota Gordon @ 89 http://www.artsjourn...o-new-york.html

Resposible for Yoko Ono coming to the West (insert anti Yoko Ono gag here).

She can't really be included as a 2013 death since she croaked 'the night before new year's eve'......which would be December 30 in most places and even with time zone lines at most would be December 31 and either way in it was 2012.

Beate Sirota Gordon Dies at 89 – Forward.com

Beate Sirota Gordon, who at age 22 was responsible for enshrining equal rights for women in the post-World War II Japanese constitution, and then went on to found the award-winning performing arts programs of both the Japan Society and The Asia

Society, died peacefully in her sleep in her home in New York, surrounded by her family, the night before New Year’s eve.

Gordon, 89, succumbed to pancreatic cancer, barely four months after the death of her husband of 63 years, Joseph Gordon, who had also served on the post-war MacArthur commission as Chief of the Interpreter-Translator team for GHQ Military Intelligence Section.

I met Beate in 1987, when I paid a cold-call visit to The Asia Society to seek help after being invited to compose music for — and have my Ensemble perform this music at — the atom bomb commemorations in Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan, the first time an American composer had received such a solemn invitation from Japan. Although she had never heard of me, or of my Tibetan Singing Bowl

what about hillary clinton- now that would be a surprise first hit, from a clot!

Guest Guest

Has to be said the first day of 2013 is not a good sign of things to come.Surely we haven't enterered yet another dud year like 2010 and 2011!

what about hillary clinton- now that would be a surprise first hit, from a clot!

Has to be said the first day of 2013 is not a good sign of things to come.Surely we haven't enterered yet another dud year like 2010 and 2011!

What the fuck are you two even talking about?

• Like 1

Guest SimonP12

New User, so hope I am not encroaching too much:

My 20 deaths of the year:

1. Tony Blair

2. Margaret Thatcher

3. HM Queen Elizabeth II

4. Prince Philip

5. Frankie Boyle

6. John Prescott

7. Gordon Brown

8. Angela Lansbury

9. James Corden

10. Robert Mugabe

11. Ronnie Biggs

12. George Bush Snr.

13. Dame Vera Lynn

14. David Dimbleby

15. Francis Rossi

16. Peter Sallis

17. Jonathan Ross

18. Graham Norton

19. Nick Griffin

20. Abu Hamza

Guest Guest

Good list Simon.The long term members are getting jealous of the guests superior prediction skills.I think!So funny :lol:

Number 9 - PLEASE let it happen!!!

I 100% agree