Windsor

The Dead Of 2013

Sister Maria Romero, the longest-serving cloistered nun in history, has died at 105. She got thee to a nunnery 86 years ago, and spent 40 years within the confines of the building until leaving it to meet Pope Benny two years ago. That must have been a disappointment for her.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

My apologies.Turns out he was a musician.Tar obviously means something else in Iran

My apologies.Turns out he was a musician.Tar obviously means something else in Iran

The words and phrases "His training in music", "he was one of the greatest maestros of classical Persian music and the soloists of tar", "The late music player Shahnaz" give some clues.

Guest Guest

The words and phrases "His training in music", "he was one of the greatest maestros of classical Persian music and the soloists of tar", "The late music player Shahnaz" give some clues.

It was a joke! You didn't seriously think I was that dumb did you?

It was a joke! You didn't seriously think I was that dumb did you?

Short answer: Yes

Long Answer: Yes

• Like 1

Not sure if we have a thread for dancers, but former Royal Ballet performer David Wall has died at 67 - another brick in the Wall

Suppose it was a shame it was of cancer and not of a heart attack so no one could use the "Wall Collapse" or "Wall Falls Down" line

Welsh pop culture potter and the creator of Groggs John Hughes dies at 78, less than a week after getting an MBE.

Sad news. Pontypridd's just down the road from me when I'm back home. Groggs are a big deal in the Valleys amongst a certain generation. My grandfather's got a few

Death on BBC News of Sir Colin Davis, former London Symphony Orchestra conductor.

Hugh Maguire

The Irish violinist who was leader of the London Symphony Orchestra and then the BBC Symphony Orchestra in the 1960s, so would have played under Davis in both, has died aged 86. He later led both the Melos Ensemble and the Allegri Quartet.

Rapper Lil Snupe has been shot dead at 18 http://abcnews.go.co...67#.UcR4AmeKu7A Who'd have thought it eh

Makes the - Winehouse, Cobain, Jimi, Janis and Jim - 27 Club look like slackers, eh?

• Like 2

Sad news.The BBC news reporter Mark Turnbull , who has been blind since birth, has died http://www.independe...er-8669409.html

Bugger, never saw that coming.

• Like 3

According to the Time Team Facebook page (yes I am that sad) Mick Aston has died.

For those who don't know, Mick Aston is this guy:

Time-Team-mick-aston-001.jpg

Probably shocked by Tony Robinson's knighthood!

Fraudster pardoned by Bill Clinton, Marc Rich, dies in Switzerland.

Actress Diane Clare, aged 74.

She starred in Ice Cold in Alex and The reluctant Débutante.