The Unknown Man

Ideas And Possibilities For 2014

guest guest

whooooosh

I'm not the brightest am I ? :-)

I've decided to drop 2 good candidates for 2014 as I don't want to fall victim to another Jack Pardee (as I fear I will). But both have a chance - the first depends entirely on when he dies (during World Cup might help chances), the 2nd might be in the Daily Mail but in short, I don't think they will get a relevant obit in the probable likely event that they die.

Pedro Rocha b. 1942, Uruguayan footballer. Played in four successive World Cups between 1962-1974. As Wiki says; Today he suffers from mesencephalic atrophy, a serious degenerative illness that affected his speak and his movements, paralyzing part of his body and confining him to a wheelchair.

Pat Summitt b. 1952. American basketball coach of an university female basketball team. Surely too obscure? But she has had phenomonal success, but then so did Pardee. There's more than enough in her life to get widespread US coverage, but UK - again guess it depends if she dies "In-season" as it were. She has early onset dementia.

Rocha might benefit from 2014 being a WC year but he seems iffy

I think Summitt's chances are significantly better then Pardee's . She is one of the top 2 coaches in her sport while Pardee wouldn't even crack a top 50 NFL coaches list. In addition Daily Mail and Reuters covered her diagnosis while Pardee's was not mentioned by either paper. Plus a less known college basketball coach Rick Majerus got a Daily Mail Obit last December. It would be a bit of a shocking snub if she doesn't get mentioned.

I'm surprised no one's picked a double whammy of Olivia de Haviland and her sister Joan Fontaine. I know Olivia is on the list but Joanie is a similar age. Apparently they don't speak to each other any more.

My other suggestion for next year is Stuart Hall; being sent to prison at that age could send him on a downward spiral quite rapidly.

And a long shot... Bill Clinton in a few years. He's starting to look very old.

I'm surprised no one's picked a double whammy of Olivia de Haviland and her sister Joan Fontaine. I know Olivia is on the list but Joanie is a similar age. Apparently they don't speak to each other any more.

My other suggestion for next year is Stuart Hall; being sent to prison at that age could send him on a downward spiral quite rapidly.

And a long shot... Bill Clinton in a few years. He's starting to look very old.

Welcome BigDM (You probably should have posted in the "new users" thread on the other board first, but whatever, according to some this place is dying so I won't be too fussy about new users).

Yeah, Stuart Hall is an obvious one. I don't think it's any kind of certainty that he'll even make it to 2014, frankly. As for Bill Clinton, that is one I find intriguing. He's understood to have a bad heart. My mum (gawd bless 'er always-did-the-absolute-minimum-amount-required-to-not-get-arrested-for-child-neglect heart) says that having too much hanky panky is what finished Peter Sellers off at such a young age from heart troubles. And we all know what Bill Clinton got up to in the White House, and it wasn't just the one time with that dress either.

Any of her ex boyfriends in case she wants to make this song literally true.

Ryan Buell update: he's "in hospital" being "prodded and poked about", presumably less in a Carry On thermometer up the arse way and more in a "cancer-ridden parts of your body being hacked off" way.

I think if he pulls through and gets out of hospital he stop doing those silly lectures on the paranormal...

Shit, I think I scared "Big DM" off with my Norman Bates talk.

Guest Gareth

Assuming he makes it to 2014, my eye is on Mickey Rooney.

Tick followed tock followed tick... And all that...

Worth a punt methinks.

Guest Droosy

Snooker player Ali Carter has testicular cancer. This combined with Crohn´s disease he has had for 10 years seems like the Deathlist material to me.

Snooker player Ali Carter has testicular cancer. This combined with Crohn´s disease he has had for 10 years seems like the Deathlist material to me.

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1725&view=findpost&p=190969

Wrong thread and only 5 days late, apart from that well done

• Like 1

http://www.deathlist...ndpost&p=190969

Wrong thread and only 5 days late, apart from that well done

who else but Droosy . :rolleyes:

posting as a guest, forgetting there password, then posting in the wrong thread .

what will droosy get upto next.

Guest Rickety Cricket

My unsolicited advice for you deathpoolers

If Valerie Harper,Isabel Peron or Wilko Johnson get out of the year alive go all in on them dying in 2014. All 3 have months to live.

One to watch - Parky has cancer!

http://www.thesun.co...son-cancer.html

Well at least his life insurance policy is sorted out. And he got a free fountain pen just for enquiring.

I'm never going to top this post, may as well retire from the forum now.

• Like 1

Guest Dennis

If Valerie Harper,Isabel Peron or Wilko Johnson get out of the year alive go all in on them dying in 2014. All 3 have months to live.

Agree to disagreeWilko is performaing in concert later this monthfit as a fiddle

Agree to disagreeWilko is performaing in concert later this monthfit as a fiddle

will i disagree to agree with your comment sir :D he isn't receiving chemotherapy and was given a year to live about 6 months ago. I would say he is about 90% likely to die this year or next year.