The Unknown Man

Ideas And Possibilities For 2014

Cardiomyopathy is the fancy medical term for heart disease, so I'd assume heart disease brought on by a virus at an educated guess.

I thought there was a theatre based thread for directors and other luvvie types but I couldn't find it. So I will put forward as a possibility Cicely Berry (b.1926) the RSC voice coach and author of Your Voice and How to Use It.

I am just trying to work out if I will have room for her in my Unusual Suspects team for 2014.

Was busy researching my latest best selling masterpiece of a book yesterday and contacted someone who confirmed that Moog pioneers and masters of musical exotica Perrey and Kingsley (French and German and both born in the 1920s) are still alive. So are - I belive - Pearl Carr and Teddy Johnson; British Eurovision fuck ups on a scale we've got used to of late. They stiffed for us in 1959!

inb4 some idiot sets up a "Curse of Loose Women" thread.

inb4 some idiot sets up a "Curse of Loose Women" thread.

Yeah, what an idiot; should've come here!

Found a picture of briefly voguish injoke on this forum for a day Alexander Imich, the 110-year-old paranormal investigator, at his 110th birthday party.

8LBzHNO.jpg

Fucking looks better than I do now. Is that carrot cake?

• Like 2

Guest Guest

Found a picture of briefly voguish injoke on this forum for a day Alexander Imich, the 110-year-old paranormal investigator, at his 110th birthday party.

8LBzHNO.jpg

Fucking looks better than I do now. Is that carrot cake?

If he keeps eating such unhealthy food as is in the picture, he will get obese soon!

Rankin - as in famed photographer - has a current exhibition called Alive in the Face of Death involving photographs of the terminally ill. Most of those featured aren't particularly well known - though he has snapped Wilko Johnson - and the BBC 2 programme on the show last weekend featured a cross section of his subjects. One of whom Lily Ebert is a holocaust survivor. Obit chances marginally lower than Alexander Imich but mebbe worth a mention here.

Prince Albert II of Belgium, aged 79, has abdicated due to "Health reasons" http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-23393963

I guess molesting kids all day has a serious impact on your health.

One to consider for '14 or '15?

Highly doubt it...

I've watched his abdication speech and the anouncement of his abdication (a couple months earlier) and in both he looked and sounded perfectly healthy... He did mention health-reasons in that anouncement, but it sounded more as if it was just age-related (whatever it is i doubt that it is anything extreme), queen Beatrix said the same things when she anounced her abdication and i can't imagine her dying within the next ten (or maybe even tewnty) years...

After watching clips and photos of the abdiction of King Albert, I however did noticed how frail queen Fabiola, the widow of king Baudouin, was looking...

Most of the abdiction she apparently spend in a wheelchair and it seemed as if her mouth was constantly hanging open... She didn't look like a woman who would make it to 90...

174151212-queen-fabiola-of-belgium-during-the-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QQt%2BVd%2BgrrrT3e8WX3DC3xzV4gt%2FddaBWt0VNURbgTS5UbqVVVftgOJ%2FZBTP4GK%2F8Q%3D%3D

Most of the abdiction she apparently spend in a wheelchair and it seemed as if her mouth was constantly hanging open... She didn't look like a woman who would make it to 90...

There's a reason she's joker in my theme team...

Vive la republique!

Hein

Prince Albert II of Belgium, aged 79, has abdicated due to "Health reasons" http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-23393963

I guess molesting kids all day has a serious impact on your health.

One to consider for '14 or '15?

Highly doubt it...

I've watched his abdication speech and the anouncement of his abdication (a couple months earlier) and in both he looked and sounded perfectly healthy... He did mention health-reasons in that anouncement, but it sounded more as if it was just age-related (whatever it is i doubt that it is anything extreme), queen Beatrix said the same things when she anounced her abdication and i can't imagine her dying within the next ten (or maybe even tewnty) years...

After watching clips and photos of the abdiction of King Albert, I however did noticed how frail queen Fabiola, the widow of king Baudouin, was looking...

174151212-queen-fabiola-of-belgium-during-the-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QQt%2BVd%2BgrrrT3e8WX3DC3xzV4gt%2FddaBWt0VNURbgTS5UbqVVVftgOJ%2FZBTP4GK%2F8Q%3D%3D

At least she was there!!!

I only heard a clip of the speech on the radio and he sounded frailish and struggling for breath.

But since I had no idea what he used to sound like I am probably in no position to judge.

Guest Guest

David Jacobs has quit his radio 2 show because he has liver cancer and parkinsons disease.Must be pretty bad for him to leave radio 2 after all these years. Definatately one to keep an eye on next year (if he makes it that far) http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-23407506

Lead singer of The Animals Eric Burdon got up on stage with Bruce tonight in Cardiff to do We Gotta Get Out of this Place. 72 now and starting to look his age (especially considering he's only a year older than McCartney). That said, he could still belt it out. One to keep an eye on

Bruce, on the other hand, is looking trimmer and fitter than ever. Still jumping on pianos and crawling down stairs on his chest after a 3 hour gig at 63

Lead singer of The Animals Eric Burdon got up on stage with Bruce tonight in Cardiff to do We Gotta Get Out of this Place. 72 now and starting to look his age (especially considering he's only a year older than McCartney). That said, he could still belt it out. One to keep an eye on

Bruce, on the other hand, is looking trimmer and fitter than ever. Still jumping on pianos and crawling down stairs on his chest after a 3 hour gig at 63

I was there too, what a phenomenal gig. That song nearly blew the roof off.

I don't know if he is considered famous enough in the UK for this list but Aussie serial killer William MacDonald is 88 and a former alcoholic, can't last much longer methinks.

I think Joost van der westhuizen is looking like a good bet for 2014 if he survives 2013. In may 2013 he could walk but hardly talk now in this article is says

he has be confined to a wheelchair as of july , pretty rapid deterioration.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Joost-van-der-Westhuizen-My-illness-is-a-blessing-20130711

Unless I'm searching wrong, we don't have a thread for "curses", lots of people associated with a certain field or project who've all died young. I'd set one up, but I don't know how much longevity it'd have.

Anyway, of the people featured in the video for Peter Kay's hilarious "500 Miles" cover back in 2007, Frank Sidebottom, Terry Nutkins and Kathy Staff are now all dead, alongside the Yewtree'd Michael Levell and Dave Lee Travis. So Robert Powell, Limahl and Paul Henry should probably get that lump on their nutsack checked out.

Six suggestions for next year :

1) Luise Rainer (b.1910) - double Oscar Winner who looks extremely frail and is wheelchair bound.

2)Sir Nicholas Winton (b.1909) - "British Schindler "guaranteed numerous UK obituaries appeared lucid but slumped back in his chair with the One Show`s Dan Snow recently.

3)Dora Bryan (b.1923) of Last of the Summer Wine fame has had severe Alzheimers disease for several years.

4)John Bardon (B.1939)- has been paralysed since a major stroke six years ago and was taped in bed looking very frail in a Documentary presented by his former Eastenders co-sta rJune Brown.

5)Daniel Von Bargen (b.1950) -American actor who shot himself in the head last year.Aside from that has severe diabetes which has lead to amputations

6)Sue Townsend (b.1946) Author of Adrian Mole is now registered blind is wheelchair bound and has suffered a heart attack and stroke as well as kidney failure resulting from type 1 diabetes - was quoted earlier this year as saying "I won`t make old bones".