The Unknown Man

Ideas And Possibilities For 2014

Just heard David Jacobs last show on radio 2. Reminds me of Patrick Moore in hi s final months.Could hardly make out what he was saying.Definately not long for this world judging by what I heard :(

Oh dear :(:xbones:

Coronation Street would be a good target for 2014 - Liz Dawn, Jean Alexander and Doreen Keogh are all possibles.

http://www.dailymail...hter-Apple.html

Gwyneth Paltrow with her daughter almost got mauled over by a school bus while riding a Vespa. Her and her husband riding around in LA with those are pretty much playing russian roulette with their lives and their kids. Maybe worth a gambit for the more aventurous players next year.

Veronica Rushworth Lund; sprightly 90 something but worth knowing about because she inspired the character of Piglet in the Pooh stories, so may well get local ITV/BBC news coverage at the very least as and when (therefore worth DDP points).

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/10630239.Winnie_the_Pooh_s_Piglet_was_inspired_by_Hampshire_woman/

That's a good find, never realized that (aside from Christopher Robin of course) there were people inspirations for any of the Pooh characters. Thought it was just the stuffed dolls.

Guest Johnny Biggs

Mel Gibson's dad is 95 and turns 96 next year. The death of Rocus Misch and a brown Miss America might be enough to break his heart once and for all.

http://news.sky.com/...nd-emergency-op

How about Tico Torres second emgenecy operation in 2 weeks. No gallbladder now no appendix , at this rate there won't be any of him left. :D

Good spot, then again there might be a master plan where they re-assemble the removed parts after a series of operations and he joins The Red Hot Chilli Peppers or some other lot without having to incur a penalty for breaking his Bon Jovi contract.

• Like 2

How about Tico Torres second emgenecy operation in 2 weeks. No gallbladder now no appendix , at this rate there won't be any of him left. :D

Good spot, then again there might be a master plan where they re-assemble the removed parts after a series of operations and he joins The Red Hot Chilli Peppers or some other lot without having to incur a penalty for breaking his Bon Jovi contract.

Wash your mouth out Sir! Nobody from a bunch of poofy wankers like Bon Jovi would ever be cool enough to play with the legend that is Flea.

• Like 1

Wash your mouth out Sir! Nobody from a bunch of poofy wankers like Bon Jovi would ever be cool enough to play with the legend that is Flea.

Fair point Lardy, I stand corrected; he might make a Black Crowe at best, eh?

Fair point Lardy, I stand corrected; he might make a Black Crowe at best, eh?

Now, there's another bunch of twats - I loved them when they first arrived, went to see them at the Colston Hall in Bristol, got pissed and passed out in the foyer, and my dad had to come and pick me up - but then they went all wanky and rubbish. So yes, I will allow that one :D

• Like 1

Just heard David Jacobs last show on radio 2. Reminds me of Patrick Moore in hi s final months.Could hardly make out what he was saying.Definately not long for this world judging by what I heard :(

Coronation Street would be a good target for 2014 - Liz Dawn, Jean Alexander and Doreen Keogh are all possibles.

Eileen Derbyshire must be getting on a bit too.

Eileen Derbyshire must be getting on a bit too.

And Barbara Knox

How about this woman . Chances of a obit i think are better than 50% considering her story is in a national paper.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2437355/Woman-31-reveals-living-rare-condition-turn-muscles-solid-BONE-really-like.html

How about this woman . Chances of a obit i think are better than 50% considering her story is in a national paper.

http://www.dailymail...eally-like.html

That's horrific. Also a bit of a dodgy pick in that the Daily Mail are amongst the worst offenders for bigging these people up when they're alive and utterly ignoring their subsequent deaths.

[...] a dodgy pick in that the Daily Mail are amongst the worst offenders for bigging these people up when they're alive and utterly ignoring their subsequent deaths.

Of course. People, celeb or not, dying of a horrible disease are "news". Nonceleb dead people are, well, dead. Makes perfect sense when you make money by printing "news".

regards,

Hein

[...] a dodgy pick in that the Daily Mail are amongst the worst offenders for bigging these people up when they're alive and utterly ignoring their subsequent deaths.

Of course. People, celeb or not, dying of a horrible disease are "news". Nonceleb dead people are, well, dead. Makes perfect sense when you make money by printing "news".

regards,

Hein

Understood Hein but is this one another Rachel Jones job (terminally ill mum; tearful news coverage about her last Christmas with a kids a couple of years back) and a fleeting mention in her local (doesn't count for DDP) paper when she died a few months later. Rachel Jones lived in England. This lady is now American.

regards,

Hein

Understood Hein but is this one another Rachel Jones job (terminally ill mum; tearful news coverage about her last Christmas with a kids a couple of years back) and a fleeting mention in her local (doesn't count for DDP) paper when she died a few months later. Rachel Jones lived in England. This lady is now American.

Yea that's what i was thinking she dies and their would be silence, I didn't know she was now american I must of not read that part. I suppose having a couple of these in your team is a gamble but i'm going to include a couple in my DDP 2014. whether I will choose this girl now i'm not sure considering as you said she is American.

http://www.dailymail...eally-like.html

That's horrific. Also a bit of a dodgy pick in that the Daily Mail are amongst the worst offenders for bigging these people up when they're alive and utterly ignoring their subsequent deaths.

Exactly, they're more interested in exhuming long dead Marxists to push their hateful agenda...

• Like 1

Read a story today about Patsy Kensit's emergency hysterectomy brought on by two tumours that collectively made her look pregnant. Assuming she hasn't started the next weight loss fad amongst actresses this might - just - be one to watch in future.

Publisher George Weidenfeld (b 1919) has been mentioned in a couple of places in the past week, First there was a profile of him on the Radio 4 series about publishers and he also spoke up in the Ed Miliband vs Daily Mail spat, because he was Ralph Miliband's publisher. He also published Lolita!

Publisher George Weidenfeld (b 1919) has been mentioned in a couple of places in the past week, First there was a profile of him on the Radio 4 series about publishers and he also spoke up in the Ed Miliband vs Daily Mail spat, because he was Ralph Miliband's publisher. He also published Lolita!

With that tasty Holocaust (fleeing) survivor angle too. Nailed-on points, even on a busy news day.

• Like 1

With that tasty Holocaust (fleeing) survivor angle too. Nailed-on points, even on a busy news day.

MPC do you see all elderly celebs as walking obituries waiting to happen?

MPC do you see all elderly celebs as walking obituries waiting to happen?

You mean you don't!?

Have you no ambition?

• Like 5

A high risk/high reward pick might be Baby P's mum if she is released next year as planned.

She's very distinctive looking, of below average intelligence (thus unlikely to be able to maintain her cover for long), and universally hated to the point where her survival chances will be somewhere between 'jellyfish in a blast furnace' and 'snowball in hell' if she's outed.

That said, I wouldn't take advice from some newbie who has two fricking hits on his DDP team this year...