Grim Reaper

Richard Adams

Straight people are so fucking stupid! Every time I wear this T-shirt

i_cant.jpg
they haven't a fucking clue what it means.

That's totally disgusting

Sort out the inappropriate lower case i before you wear that in public again!

• Like 5

Guest Guest

Absolute load of shit.

Animals kill each other in nature. Animals die. People die. Life is not some fucking fairy story where everyone lives happily ever after, and that is what they should be teaching kids, not censoring for fear of offending.

But we live in the age of political correctness, where you can't say one little fucking thing for fear of being accused of racism, misogyny, homophobia, Islamophobia, anti-Semitism, transphobia ...

I agree

Absolute load of shit.

Animals kill each other in nature. Animals die. People die. Life is not some fucking fairy story where everyone lives happily ever after, and that is what they should be teaching kids, not censoring for fear of offending.

But we live in the age of political correctness, where you can't say one little fucking thing for fear of being accused of racism, misogyny, homophobia, Islamophobia, anti-Semitism, transphobia ...

I agree

It's like in Toy Story 3 when all the toys are going to die, and then they get saved by the little aliens with the claw.

There isn't going to always be someone there to save you...

• Like 1

Absolute load of shit.

The problem I believe that is currently brewing in society is a sense of hiding the harsh realities of life from children.Yes you can mollycoddle children into believing that the world is a shiny happy place where everything turns out well:Well it isn`t and these kids are going to learn the hard way.People and animals die in horrible ways even from natural causes.We give children all these fallacies about death such as oh "they went to sleep" or "they slipped away" and yeah that works until you have to confront death face to face staring into a terminally ill family member or friends eyes.After that a fucking cartoon bunny getting shot is laughable!

• Like 1

Absolute load of shit.

The problem I believe that is currently brewing in society is a sense of hiding the harsh realities of life from children.Yes you can mollycoddle children into believing that the world is a shiny happy place where everything turns out well:Well it isn`t and these kids are going to learn the hard way.People and animals die in horrible ways even from natural causes.We give children all these fallacies about death such as oh "they went to sleep" or "they slipped away" and yeah that works until you have to confront death face to face staring into a terminally ill family member or friends eyes.After that a fucking cartoon bunny getting shot is laughable!

Agreed. Been there done that, seen people die including some of my closest family of all, and there's no need for euphemisms about it

The Plague Dogs haven't caught up with him on his 96th birthday today.

Went to a restaurant the other day, ordered rabbit stew.
I had to send it back after I found a hare in it.

96 Today! :party::birthday:

• Like 1

96 Today! :party::birthday:

So probably well past a 69, then

Apologies, I've vague memories of cracking that joke when someone else hit 96!

Watership down.

Well then. We must be having another 2013 like scenario

I only got Watership Down out of the library to read for the first time just before Christmas (not got to it yet). I must have jinxed him, it's Blake Edwards all over.

• Like 1

Well then. We must be having another 2013 like scenario

Hey, it's never 11 hits without the 12th hit, like I said. I'm no daft!

Well, I am daft, but that's beside the point...

• Like 1

Anyone saying that 2016 is a bad list has clearly been proven wrong. Though we can still say the newbies were bad for the most part

Nice start and nice ending of this year's list!

we're burning through them, 3 in a little over a week

Hey it's not over yet...

Hey it's not over yet...

With the way this Festive Period has gone (a death everyday since Xmas Eve since the Liz Smith announcement was last night) we only need 2 more deaths to match last year's record of 14 (a bit optimistic i know)

Oh, he was a nice guy. Deathlist 2016 proves to be a decent list against the odds, but now it will be more difficult for DL 2017 to break the record.

P.S. I voted Adams every time from Cliff's death till now and now that I voted None of the above he's gone...

Fucking hell! When we got our 11th hit, I figured we might get a 12th - never had 11 in our history.

2006: 13 hits

2007: 10 hits

2008: 14 hits

2009: 12 hits

2013: 13 hits

2014: 10 hits

2015: 14 hits

2016: 12 hits

The Deathlist is repeating itself.

• Like 4

Oh, he was a nice guy. Deathlist 2016 proves to be a decent list against the odds, but now it will be more difficult for DL 2017 to break the record.

P.S. I voted Adams every time from Cliff's death till now and now that I voted None of the above he's gone...

strange I was worried that it might happen to Jimmy Carter since I voted for him since the 1st death poll.