Sounded OK on Just A Minute but did seem to get confused at one point.

• Like 1

On 02/04/2019 at 09:02, Bibliogryphon said:

Sounded OK on Just A Minute but did seem to get confused at one point.

New series. Again St Nicholas sounds OK* but doing the advanced age thing of slurring words together. However, I note that last years Just a Minute wasn't a solitary case, with 2019 public appearances cancelled "due to ill health". Time for him to return to the list in 2020, imo.

*Actually, bloody brilliant given most folk his age!

• Like 2

On 06/08/2019 at 00:10, msc said:

New series. Again St Nicholas sounds OK* but doing the advanced age thing of slurring words together. However, I note that last years Just a Minute wasn't a solitary case, with 2019 public appearances cancelled "due to ill health". Time for him to return to the list in 2020, imo.

*Actually, bloody brilliant given most folk his age!

Most folk his age aren't folk anymore.

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Most folk his age aren't folk anymore.

My point exactly!

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Gyles Brandreth tweeted that he spoke to Nicholas and he expects to be out of hospital in a couple of days.

Hopefully not in a box.

• Sad 1

For your viewing/listening pleasure...

• Like 1

Took a trip through Nicholas' IMDB, just to see whether I could narrow down a cinema release film where he was the last survivor.

Thanks to the longevity of folk like Gudrun Ure, Leslie Phillips, Bernard Cribbins, Michael Craig and others, and also the seemingly endless screed of untraceable minor role actors who stopped acting years ago or only appeared in one film...I could not find one. I mean even Frazer Hines played an urchin in one!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Took a trip through Nicholas' IMDB, just to see whether I could narrow down a cinema release film where he was the last survivor.

Thanks to the longevity of folk like Gudrun Ure, Leslie Phillips, Bernard Cribbins, Michael Craig and others, and also the seemingly endless screed of untraceable minor role actors who stopped acting years ago or only appeared in one film...I could not find one. I mean even Frazer Hines played an urchin in one!

I tried the same for Kirk Douglas. Was shocked at how many of his co-stars are still about, even if 75-80% are gone.

• Like 1

How will his favourite Paul Merton manage on Just A Minute when Nicholas Parsons is no longer able to chair the show?

According to last weeks Sunday Times, Nicholas Parsons has missed a regular public Christmas appearance for the first time ever at Chelsea Old Church. "Wasn't feeling well enough to attend" - Mail also chuck in a reference to being gravely ill because they like to scare folk. Well, I hope they do...

• Sad 1

Sounds like he was a lucky chap - nasty fall, needed a blood transfusion. A worrying reminder that even the immortals can start to run out of battery life.

• Like 2

Sadly he deviated.

Sadly the Cmme decided John Edrich was a better choice. Sigh.

• Like 1

And may I add, a fucking legend. Straight man in comedy, host of game show, mainstream comedy and proper actor. And bloody should have been on this year without question. RIP.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

And may I add, a fucking legend. Straight man in comedy, host of game show, mainstream comedy and proper actor. And bloody should have been on this year without question. RIP.

Oh absolutely, one of our greatest entertainers imo. I aimed to never miss Just A Minute (I was too young for Sale of the Century), and he was a great straight man to Rik and Ade in Mr Jolly Lives Next Door.

• Like 1

Just now, msc said:

Oh absolutely, one of our greatest entertainers imo. I aimed to never miss Just A Minute (I was too young for Sale of the Century), and he was a great straight man to Rik and Ade in Mr Jolly Lives Next Door.

Let's not forget how he bravely kept Haemovores away with a sturdy Church door. ;)

• Like 2