1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Let's not forget how he bravely kept Haemovores away with a sturdy Church door. ;)

Oh, he's much better in that than folk let on.

Apparently the dress rehearsals were in a local church in London, and one day Parsons - in costume - was getting lunch when he was stopped by a passerby who asked when the Sunday evening mass was!

• Like 2

Enjoyed his cameo in The Young Ones. RIP

We should be hanging our heads in shame for missing him out this year. Rip Nicholas 

• Like 1

Yup sad news. Just about remember Sale of the Century, and his Just a Minute was the stuff of true legends. 

Rest gently old friend 

• Like 3

He's the top UK trend on twitter at the moment, relegating the latest Prince Andrew stuff to 2nd place. When you can bump a royal scandal...

Does anyone know when his last appearance on Just a Minute was broadcast? 

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Does anyone know when his last appearance on Just a Minute was broadcast? 

The last current series finished on 2nd April last year. They film about 6-12 eps in a batch. There would have been more recorded since but he was ill so probably not...

Theres weekly repeats so I think "this weeks" is from 2012.

• Like 1

Nobody could have definitely guessed that he would die this year save for his advanced age, since it was only a short illness that killed him

1 hour ago, TheKestrelofDoom said:

How on earth wasn't he on the list? 

Heads need to roll . 

He was considered only one more time in the list and this was 7 years ago in 2013.

So tbh he was not really a "DL-classic"....

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Leon Brittan said:

We should be hanging our heads in shame for missing him out this year. Rip Nicholas 

I'm not.Thought he was obvious ticked all boxes. R.I.P.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheKestrelofDoom said:

Heads need to roll . 

Says the person who only made 9 posts in the last 3 years of membership 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Says the person who only made 9 posts in the last 3 years of membership 

3yrs thought i was slow ive just unliked his post.

This guy was a legend. My parents have seen Just a Minute recorded live and loved him.

This was him in October.

1 hour ago, roaming_comrade said:

Nobody could have definitely guessed that he would die this year save for his advanced age, since it was only a short illness that killed him

Yes.  He seemed to be indestructible.  I'm sad he's gone.

He had a very nasty fall at the Fringe last year and nearly died then.

Drawing on previous experience, I thought I could manage the engagement with the help of a wheelchair and assistance to push me over the cobbled courtyard. We arrived, checked into the flat and travelled to the venue and even managed four shows seated in my usual armchair. The shows went well – but I had overlooked the nasty fall I had on the train journey to Edinburgh.

This must have shaken up an already fragile system. On the fifth day I collapsed in the flat and was taken into hospital as an emergency. I had developed a serious stomach ulcer along with anaemia and needed blood transfusions. I was very ill for a few days and, here, I must praise our amazing NHS.

So when I saw that I was sort of expecting this sort of news in the near future.

Mentally, I am fully recovered and have undertaken two or three engagements of my solo comedy show since.

The body, however, does not recover at the same pace as the mind – especially after a nasty fall.

When you attend a social function and stagger in with the help of two sticks, you appear like an elderly individual and not a mentally active performer.

At 96 years of age, one thing this experience has taught me is to be aware of the number of years you have lived and, after an illness, accept that it takes much longer to return to anything resembling normal health.

Oh, and apparently JAM was to be recorded again "In Spring" so yeah, it hadn't happened yet.

• Like 1

If I was to put money on anyone reaching 100 it would be Nicholas Parsons so this news has come as a bit of a shock despite his age. I'm guessing he had cancer or something like that because he seemed in perfect health for a man in his 90's until recently. I'm going to have to rethink my assumption that David Attenborough will get to 100 now ! R.I.P 

3 hours ago, TheKestrelofDoom said:

Heads need to roll . 

To put Shane McGowan over Parsons.....

• Facepalm 1