Prince Charles will be appearing on the Christmas edition of Just a Minute. It is this time next year that the programme celebrates it 50th Anniversary. No evidence but possibly getting something in before one or the other of them is unavailable

Someone at the BBC is convinced Parsons wont be around for the 50th. Hence them having a big show of the 45th anniversary.

Prince Charles will be appearing on the Christmas edition of Just a Minute. It is this time next year that the programme celebrates it 50th Anniversary. No evidence but possibly getting something in before one or the other of them is unavailable

Someone at the BBC is convinced Parsons wont be around for the 50th. Hence them having a big show of the 45th anniversary.

I have a feeling they are wrong.

• Like 1

looks like he has a hard on in that pic. thinking of some saucy pics of Maggie Thatcher perhaps.

I doubt that.

5595786112_95a7a583c9_b.jpg

In other news, all them lasses are now dead, right?

So, an interesting question given Parson's amazing longevity

Do any posters know if all the participants in this photograph are still alive?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2384563/Nicholas-Parsons-Being-dollybird-demeaning-says-veteran-game-host.html

The names of all those women are in this article. I would google them individually and answer the question but I'm extremely lazy!

Lozzie, you're a person after my own heart.

• Like 1

Giles Brandreth tweeted yesterday that he tried to phone NP to wish him Happy Birthday but he was in a meeting sorting out dates for his 2018 tour. Pick to avoid for false flag by GB?

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2013 at 23:55, Guest Guest said:

Word is Nick lost his hearing aid .He's said to be close to deaf :lol:

And a total cert to reach 100 !

16 hours ago, Sean said:

94 Today :birthday:

• Like 1

• Haha 1

Not hosting tonight's Just a Minute. I think this is the first he's missed.  

• Sad 1

Maybe not a total cert to reach 100 ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Handrejka said:

They are not saying he is ill but this does look unplanned or this is contingency planning to hand the reins to Gyles Brandreth and getting the public used to that concept before the event happens.

We don't want another Humph situation.

15 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:
17 hours ago, Handrejka said:

They are not saying he is ill but this does look unplanned or this is contingency planning to hand the reins to Gyles Brandreth and getting the public used to that concept before the event happens.

We don't want another Humph situation.

Nicholas Parsons misses first Just A Minute in 50 years.

Two episodes are taped per recording date, so next week's show will also feature the same panel with Brandreth in the presenting chair. Parsons will then be heard on air again after that.

• Like 1

Gyles Brandreth just tweeted that Nicholas Parsons is booked to appear at the Edinburgh Fringe on 3rd August.

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Gyles Brandreth just tweeted that Nicholas Parsons is booked to appear at the Edinburgh Fringe on 3rd August.

Ken Dodd was 'booked to appear...' too. 

If the fella has missed a recording when he has NEVER missed one before then something is wrong. It seems pretty obvious that he has always fitted everything else around his recordings of the show and i cannot see why he would just suddenly change all that now.

Nobody goes on forever.

Unless he's got laryngitis or something else that affects his voice.  But if it was that, no reason not to say so.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Ken Dodd was 'booked to appear...' too. 

If the fella has missed a recording when he has NEVER missed one before then something is wrong. It seems pretty obvious that he has always fitted everything else around his recordings of the show and i cannot see why he would just suddenly change all that now.

Nobody goes on forever.

It does seem anonymous and could be serious but flu a family emergency a mini-stroke a chest infection or routine surgery like a hip or knee replacement could all be the reason as could laryngitis which might not mean he is off for very long at all and will make a full recovery. At 94 and such secrecy surrounding why he is off is ominous.

29 minutes ago, Sean said:

It does seem anonymous and could be serious but flu a family emergency a mini-stroke a chest infection or routine surgery like a hip or knee replacement could all be the reason as could laryngitis which might not mean he is off for very long at all and will make a full recovery. At 94 and such secrecy surrounding why he is off is ominous.

To echo Toastie, you would have thought that it would have been announced why he could not do the recordings, if it was not serious.

He has also done tours in the past, nothing that has stopped him from being at the studio to do the recordings.

Until he pops up saying all is well I am in the 'one foot in the grave camp' as it is logical to be.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

To echo Toastie, you would have thought that it would have been announced why he could not do the recordings, if it was not serious.

He has also done tours in the past, nothing that has stopped him from being at the studio to do the recordings.

Until he pops up saying all is well I am in the 'one foot in the grave camp' as it is logical to be.

These are all recorded in advance and Gyles Brandreth assures us that he will be back in a fortnight.  (Two episodes recorded in each block). So yes it is unforeseen but it is recoverable.  The bigger questio will come when they start recording the next series.

Brandreth said: "After 50 years at the helm [he] quite rightly thinks he should be allowed a day off."

This does sound like there's nothing wrong, or nothing serious anyway.   Perhaps there was a personal reason, such as attending a wedding or funeral.

Looking and sounding quite old and wobbly by Nicholas Parsons usual standards on Channel 5's Favourite Game Shows thing. Is 96 in a few months, mind.