Sign in to follow this  
Davey Jones' Locker

Discuss The 2013 Deathlist

When I looked at the list at the beginning of the year I thought it looked good. George H W Bush was in hospital, Nelson Madela was in hospital and DoE had been in and out of hospital. I look at the list now and wonder how some of these people are still alive.

Does this suggest a change of strategy for 2014 or put this down to bad luck and hope for a better harvest next year? There are still three months to go and if these winter months equal the first three months we could get another 4-5 hits.

Lynne, Mandela, Adams, Reagan & Graham are my picks

Granted in the case of the Duke it always felt like he was put on DL less because he was going to die this year and more because he'd be one of the most blunderous misses ever in case he did end up going. Though yes the likes of Mandela are real odds defiers.

For remaining deaths I'll go with:

Nelson Mandela by miraculously regaining full awareness of his surroundings, only to discover the leeching Zuma has done off of his illness and becoming so repulsed that Nelson loses all will to live.

Gough Whitlam through the most unfortunate encounter with a koala.

Al Molinaro by choking on a potato chip.

The hiatus was kept to below 100 days and looking at the trend line I still think we can make it to12 this year.

Going to change my mind now and say Biggs, Mandela and Lynne.

I am predicting that the next week or so may see a bit of excitement in the Deathlist circles maybe not one of the 50 (forty one) but some of those on the DDP lists and peoples planning for next year.

There are two reasons for my prediction

1. I am going to China where I find it difficult to access the list and the two times I have been earlier this year brought the deaths of Henry Cecil and Ray Harryhausen.

2. Yesterday on the train I completed the first draft of my 2014 entry form for my works competition, now that I have got the line up of 400 they will start dying to make the list out of date.

It will be worse after 02nd December when I circulate the list. Last year I lost six picks before the competition started.

This does not constitute scientific evidence.

• Like 2

2. Yesterday on the train I completed the first draft of my 2014 entry form for my works competition, now that I have got the line up of 400 they will start dying to make the list out of date.

It will be worse after 02nd December when I circulate the list. Last year I lost six picks before the competition started.

Sods law that - I drafted an "as it stands" DDP list a month ago (giving it a bit more though, seeing how badly I did this year) - and a whole quarter of that bloody list has since popped their clogs.

Sods law that - I drafted an "as it stands" DDP list a month ago (giving it a bit more though, seeing how badly I did this year) - and a whole quarter of that bloody list has since popped their clogs.

At least it shows you are thinking along the right lines.

This is my 1000th post.

• Like 1

Yeah, Helen Eadie went from provisional captain to "being dead" within about 15 hours for my 2014 team.

Been building my shortlist since summer and for like a two-month period everyone on there was hanging on. Then October comes and a bunch of them drop like flies.

The record score of 14 is beatable now.

Jaruzelski and Kalashnikov both very old and unwell. They could both pop off and that would leave it teetering on the brink.......

And Billy Graham too.

The record score of 14 is beatable now.

Jaruzelski and Kalashnikov both very old and unwell. They could both pop off and that would leave it teetering on the brink.......

And Billy Graham too.

Yep they're starting to drop now. There does seem, from time to time, to be a late rush at the end of the year.