adrian0719

Rag Traders

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Fully fleshed out Telegraph obit already.

Media maybe knew that he was ill.

Interestingly he seems to have been very private about his personal life/relationships. His Telegraph obit simply contains the single sentence paragraph "He never married." at the end. 

I thought it was because he was maybe gay. Then I read on wikipedia he's a bit crazy and lived several lives (including that of a prostitute in the time of Louis XV), to have known Jesus in a previous life, to have seen God three times, to have been visited by extraterrestrials, to have murdered Tutankhamun and believed to be 75,000 years old.  No wonder he remained unmarried.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

You seem VERY nationalistic. Are you Jean Marie Le Pen? 

I am Marine ! 

no but the real thing is When you’re on a foreign site such as this one, it’s hard to be accostumed with another culture and way of Life and you have this kind of proudness for your own country and culture that you want to share. Not to talk about the fact that you’re the most able to relay your own countrie’s News and deaths

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

you have this kind of proudness for your own country

Blimey. I’ve forgotten what that feels like.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I think Valentino is probably the one deadpoolers should keep in mind. Giorgio Armani and Calvin Klein seem to be still full of zest for life and in decent fettle. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I think Valentino is probably the one deadpoolers should keep in mind. Giorgio Armani and Calvin Klein seem to be still full of zest for life and in decent fettle. 

Yes, Calvin Klein still shagging 20 year old models at 80. Maybe that’s what is keeping him young.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Yes, Calvin Klein still shagging 20 year old models at 80. Maybe that’s what is keeping him young.

Mr Armani is not adverse to a bit of that too I'm sure!

Maybe amour with men in their twenties is a route I need to consider going down....

• Like 2

Just now, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Mr Armani is not adverse to a bit of that too I'm sure!

Maybe amour with men in their twenties is a route I need to consider going down....

Tom Ford lives near me in London now. I see he’s single… :D 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Tom Ford lives near me in London now. I see he’s single… :D 

Single and probably quite busy diligently checking the quality of mattresses and whether showers are environmentally friendly enough to fit two in I'm sure...!:P;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

You seem VERY nationalistic. Are you Jean Marie Le Pen? 

Don’t mention 1940.

19 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:
21 hours ago, Toast said:

My all-time favourite perfume was made by Paco Rabanne.  Métal.  Sadly long discontinued.

You can still buy a bottle online for about £90.

I know, there are still a few that have been hoarded away. I'm still eking out the last bottle I got on ebay.  Just wish I could still go into a shop and buy some. 

It was never as well advertised as Calandre (which is still available).  Métal was rarely on display.  I remember looking for it in a Paris department store and thinking that they must have discontinued it.  Luckily the sales lady asked if she could help me and I said oh, they don't make Métal any more, do they? To which she replied with an emphatic "Si !" and produced some out of a drawer.  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

I discovered Antonio D'Amico died in December. He was the boyfrend of Versace up until he was murdered. Telegraph obit

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Franc' Pairon, Belgian Fashion designer who founded the La Cambre-Mode(s) at La Cambre and the "Master Fashion and Accessory Design" course at the Institut Français de la Mode. She died aged 74 on the 12th February 2023. Obit (In French). 

On 06/07/2021 at 15:46, gcreptile said:

Fashion designer and DDP Dame Zandra Rhodes had a secret cancer battle but is now in remission:

https://www.survivornet.com/articles/zandra-rhodes-secret-cancer-battle-six-months-to-live/

She was even told, she had only six months to live but is fine now. Still, bile duct cancer can be pretty bad:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9754947/The-real-reason-kept-cancer-secret-Dame-Zandra-Rhodes-80-told-six-months-live.html

Zandra Rhodes donates decades of archive material to De Montfort University Leicester:

https://www.dmu.ac.uk/about-dmu/news/2023/february/legendary-designer-zandra-rhodes-to-donate-decades-of-archive-material-to-dmu.aspx

She was also awarded an honourary degree from De Montfort University Leicester:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/zandra-rhodes-de-montfort-university-dame-london-princess-b1060684.html

She looks good for someone diagnosed with bile duct cancer in mid-2020 (articles in July 2021 give the diagnosis as ' just over a year ago') during the first coronavirus lockdown.

As I couldn't find any information on her in December, I dropped her in the DDP.  The picture* makes me think it could be the right call, but she's coming up on three years since the diagnosis.  She had chemotheraphy, but resection (resection = surgical removal) of the cancer gives the best outcomes - which I can't determine if she had.  This matters, as the five year survival rate is zero for non-recected cases.  Additionally, I can't determine what chemotheraphy agent was used, which would give some indication of the severity/progression.

*Note the whites of her eyes - they are not jaundiced, which is a good sign

Zandra560x373.jpg

• Like 4

Mary Quant dead at 93.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, tracy said:

Mary Quant dead at 93.

mini-skirt but big loss ! +1 for my shadowlist, RIP… 

Brief moment of excitement as I knew I'd picked her for something, followed by the usual disappointment when I discover it was 2 years ago.

Fashion great Marc Bohan, who served for three decades as head designer of the esteemed Dior label, died at 97 years:

https://www.lemonde.fr/disparitions/article/2023/09/08/marc-bohan-ancien-directeur-artistique-de-dior-est-mort_6188410_3382.html

His elegant dresses were worn by the likes of Princess Grace of Monaco and Jacqueline Kennedy.

• Like 6