Vinegar Tits

Wilko Johnson

Lol...,years not over.... ;)

Guest Morrisonhotelcaliforniadre

The sad thing is, Wilko's statement comes just a day short of the first anniversary of the death of Gypie Mayo.

Yes. Sad truth.

Guest Jambo

Wilko has had radical surgery that removed the tumor & he is now cancer free!

Guest theendisnigh

Well, after an initial prognosis like his, it might feel like a miracle. However, all his bowels, his pancreas and part of his stomach were taken out. This means that the cancer had been very widespread by the time it was resected, andeven if all visible tumours are gone, you cannot rule out the possibility of undetected micrometastases in his remaining organs or some lymph nodes. And even if he really is cured of his cancer, his diet will be severely restricted and will have to take medications for the rest of his life (living without a pancreas also means he now has type I diabetes).

Well, after an initial prognosis like his, it might feel like a miracle. However, all his bowels, his pancreas and part of his stomach were taken out. This means that the cancer had been very widespread by the time it was resected, andeven if all visible tumours are gone, you cannot rule out the possibility of undetected micrometastases in his remaining organs or some lymph nodes. And even if he really is cured of his cancer, his diet will be severely restricted and will have to take medications for the rest of his life (living without a pancreas also means he now has type I diabetes).

So the next album is a blues job straight from his (untouched) heart.

Guest Guest

He tells the story entertainingly here.

Of course he is not out of the woods, whatever he might think, but his chances of surviving this year at least look good.

Wilko is supposed to be going on the Radio 2 breakfast show this friday (21st Nov). Might be able to gain some indication of his current state of health

Pride of place on the Jools Holland "into 2015" Hootenanny show right now...

Looking good, as is Dawn French.

I expect someone has already drawn attention to this, but the name of the character Wilko plays in "Game Of Thrones" is Ilyn Payne.

Ironic, because he has been ill and probably in pain.

I expect someone has already drawn attention to this, but the name of the character Wilko plays in "Game Of Thrones" is Ilyn Payne.

I didn't know that Toastie, mind you I don't watch it to be fair..........

And 'wilko' not being his birth name , would be for he wants to knock out anycunt putting him on a death list...

Oh, it's great. As long as you can tolerate the violent deaths, blood and gore, incest, swearing, full frontal nudity, sex, torture and tits.

Wilko's character has had his tongue torn out, so he didn't have any lines to learn. :P

• Like 2

Oh, it's great. As long as you can tolerate the violent deaths, blood and gore, incest, swearing, full frontal nudity, sex, torture and tits.

Wilko's character has had his tongue torn out, so he didn't have any lines to learn. :P

Sounds like Norfolk Toastie!!

• Like 3

Guest Lordromford

I guess Wilko is the first person to hold the No 1 slot on Deathlist, then drop off the list completely the next year despite not dying.

I wonder if this will ever happen again?

I guess Wilko is the first person to hold the No 1 slot on Deathlist, then drop off the list completely the next year despite not dying.

I wonder if this will ever happen again?

No, he is not the only one. Abdelbaset al-Megrahi, the Lockerbie bomber from Lybia was #1 on DL2010, was dropped next year and died in 2012 while #3 on the list. And I think it's inevitable, if the #1 pick happens to be relatively young (or at least not ancient), and his health suddenly improves, it's a logical choice.

Which is why I stand by my comment a month ago he was never as sick as his publicist or he himself (for same reason) said he was: to wit Stage 4. He'd never ever have survived. Did a licensed physician say 'I operated on Wilko and he's a miracle'? No. When I hear from an attending, I'll believe it. Same goes for Valerie Harper.

SC

Which is why I stand by my comment a month ago he was never as sick as his publicist or he himself (for same reason) said he was: to wit Stage 4. He'd never ever have survived. Did a licensed physician say 'I operated on Wilko and he's a miracle'? No. When I hear from an attending, I'll believe it. Same goes for Valerie Harper.

SC

SC, do you actually know what you're talking about or are you just being a total cunt for the sake of it? Wilko had his pancreas and spleen removed along with part of his stomach, large and small intestines.

• Like 1

SC

SC, do you actually know what you're talking about or are you just being a total cunt for the sake of it? Wilko had his pancreas and spleen removed along with part of his stomach, large and small intestines.

And his tongue! Dont forget his tongue! ........ oh wait, that was just in Game Of Thrones. Carry on.

• Like 3

SC

"He was never as sick as ... he said he was"? Yes and no. He had stage IV cancer, but it wasn't pancreatic adenocarcinoma, the usual, deadly type that kills people within a year.

Instead, he had neuroendocrine pancreatic cancer, a rare and less aggressive variant but it still spread over multiple organs like Phantom said, so it qualified as stage IV (since stage IV means one has distant metastases).

If you just look at the relevant statistics at the website of the American Cancer Society, you can see that even stage IV neuroendocrine tumours might sometimes be treated with surgery, and then 16% of these patients live for at least 5 years. It doesn't mean he is guaranteed to be cured forever though, as even poor old Steve Jobs died many years after his initial diagnosis. Luckily though, he doesn't have many organs left to which the cancer could spread.(Which makes me ask how he can be fed [intravenously? orally with a special diet?], but hey, at least he's alive.)

• Like 1

SC

"He was never as sick as ... he said he was"? Yes and no. He had stage IV cancer, but it wasn't pancreatic adenocarcinoma, the usual, deadly type that kills people within a year.

Instead, he had neuroendocrine pancreatic cancer, a rare and less aggressive variant but it still spread over multiple organs like Phantom said, so it qualified as stage IV (since stage IV means one has distant metastases).

If you just look at the relevant statistics at the website of the American Cancer Society, you can see that even stage IV neuroendocrine tumours might sometimes be treated with surgery, and then 16% of these patients live for at least 5 years. It doesn't mean he is guaranteed to be cured forever though, as even poor old Steve Jobs died many years after his initial diagnosis. Luckily though, he doesn't have many organs left to which the cancer could spread.(Which makes me ask how he can be fed [intravenously? orally with a special diet?], but hey, at least he's alive.)

Adept and intelliigent posting sir (or madam), live long and prosper among us, or summat.

• Like 1