Mind Mush

Tony Bennett

That is how people like that go - suddenly without notice sending the fans, the nation and the world into shock over the loss of a great and enduring entertainer. But as we all know when the time is up the time is up no matter who, what or where you are. Bennett is 86 and seems to be doing well but that will serve as the shocker for the disbellief.

It's easy to put people on the list that are obviously aged and looking half dead already, like Kirk Douglas and others. But the hard part is picking someone that no one would suspect is going to just kick over and.............well you know.

I just have this feeling lately about Tony, even played some of his songs on YouTube - check out "if I ruled the world".

Well maybe Tony does rule the world the way he is still at the top of the game, you know?

What do you think?

• Like 1

That is how people like that go - suddenly without notice sending the fans, the nation and the world into shock over the loss of a great and enduring entertainer. But as we all know when the time is up the time is up no matter who, what or where you are. Bennett is 86 and seems to be doing well but that will serve as the shocker for the disbellief.

It's easy to put people on the list that are obviously aged and looking half dead already, like Kirk Douglas and others. But the hard part is picking someone that no one would suspect is going to just kick over and.............well you know.

I just have this feeling lately about Tony, even played some of his songs on YouTube - check out "if I ruled the world".

Well maybe Tony does rule the world the way he is still at the top of the game, you know?

What do you think?

Have you submitted a DDP team?

That is where you can display your uncanny prescience about this years deaths and those who write the list might take notice of your suggestions in future.

What do you think?

That is where you can display your uncanny prescience about this years deaths and those who write the list might take notice of your suggestions in future.

No I haven't gotten that far yet - just signed on this week or last week - don't remember much but there are a lot of empty bottles of wine laying around. So the DDP is a list of people I personally think are going to suck their last breath of air? I'll work on it.

What do you think?

No I haven't gotten that far yet - just signed on this week or last week - don't remember much but there are a lot of empty bottles of wine laying around. So the DDP is a list of people I personally think are going to suck their last breath of air? I'll work on it.

You have until the end of the year to get your entry in for 2014!

• Like 1

What do you think?

Yea also the ddp is 20 picks not 50 which was a mistake I made when I first decided to play . I had 50 names ready to go only to realise I needed to get rid of 30 names and in the end I didn't enter a team that year. Though some do a shadow list which comprises of 50 picks. Don't think there is a leader board for shadow lists though if you want to play to be competitive. My personal favourite though is the hartlepool deadpool which I'm taking part in for the first time this year and I would recommend it.

What do you think?

I tell you what i think.

Everytime I read one of your posts I can see this fella on the other end, typing away.

I saw this fella a good few years back live and uncut, fucking brilliant!

What do you think?

I tell you what i think.

Everytime I read one of your posts I can see this fella on the other end, typing away.

I saw this fella a good few years back live and uncut, fucking brilliant!

Great stuff. Time for a good joke thread!

I saw him in an elevator with Doris Day. He seemed well

Today seems to be the day when members of the Deathlist taunt us with their health and new projects.

After Vera Lynn celebrates her birthday with news of a new album Tony Bennett turns up says all modern music is rubbish and his voice has never been better.

What next Wilko Johnson signs up for the next series of Strictly Come Dancing?

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Today seems to be the day when members of the Deathlist taunt us with their health and new projects.

After Vera Lynn celebrates her birthday with news of a new album Tony Bennett turns up says all modern music is rubbish and his voice has never been better.

What next Wilko Johnson signs up for the next series of Strictly Come Dancing?

It's no surprise that Tony Bennett is still able to sing at 87 but Vera Lynn making another album at 97 is just taking the piss

88 today and releasing a new album in September ("Cheek to Cheek" with Lady Gaga). Seems to be fit.

He is on stage tomorrow night at the Royal Festival Hall.

Where I hope someone will present him with the Worst Deathlist pick 2014 award.

And there has been some stiff competition.....

• Like 1

Appeared on the Strictly Come Dancing results show last night duetting with Lady Ga Ga.

Need I say more.....

Appeared on the Strictly Come Dancing results show last night duetting with Lady Ga Ga.

Need I say more.....

Yes you do.

You forgot the obligatory "er, not that I watch that rubbish, I just.... saw that somewhere"

• Like 3

Need I say more.....

Yes you do.

You forgot the obligatory "er, not that I watch that rubbish, I just.... saw that somewhere"

Guilty pleasure......

Admitedly from a DL point of view it has become less watchable.... Is Bruce going to make it through the whole show?

• Like 1

Only the flu though, i know that can be serious for someone pushing 90 but don't think it is anything too serious like a heart attack or stroke, will be here for years yet.

One way or another, the Best Is Yet To Come: https://youtu.be/y6AY27MaQGU

When a thread like this is randomly updated, its either a death or a birthday.

• Like 3

When a thread like this is randomly updated, its either a death or a birthday.

Maybe both, still a ways to go.

• Like 5