Paul Bearer

The Rabbi Thread

I don't think we have a Rabbi thread*, so........... Here it is

Rabbi David Hartman, founder of Shalom Hartman Institute, has died today at age 81.

*If we do already have one, let me know so I can merge

• Like 1

For a mo, I thought it said the Rabbit thread. That would have made sense as, im sure there are plenty of dead ones in bed side drawers up and down the country.

Is there not a thread for dead religious leaders or summat?

Not sure. There is one for the Cardinals of the Roman Catholis Church. Thought I'd balance it up a bit.

Not sure. There is one for the Cardinals of the Roman Catholis Church. Thought I'd balance it up a bit.

Thats fair enough.

We will have to start additional threads should an Islamic religious leader pop their clogs.

So long as we do it with reverence, we shouldnt have any Fatwas raised against us or summat.

i think we should have a thread for Protestant clerics

*ducks*

• Like 1

oops double post

Is there not a thread for dead religious leaders or summat?

Think there's one called "From Cleric to Relic", or summat.

Would the Robbie Williams impersonator, Rabbi Williams, count?

this is an excellent thread topic Paul Bearer. I had been wondering where to list the dead rabbis but most times when one has been ready for listing I have thought maybe people wouldn't be too interested. Now with a thread perhaps they will be.

I had been wondering where to list the dead rabbis but most times when one has been ready for listing I have thought maybe people wouldn't be too interested. Now with a thread perhaps they will be.

Like this, you mean?

regards,

Hein

Oh, where to post this one:

The oldest living person in Israel, Rabbi Zecharia Barashi, dead at 117:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/226219

The problem is, his age exceeds that of Yisrael Kristal, supposedly the oldest living man, by four years.

33 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Oh, where to post this one:

The oldest living person in Israel, Rabbi Zecharia Barashi, dead at 117:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/226219

The problem is, his age exceeds that of Yisrael Kristal, supposedly the oldest living man, by four years.

Probably, his date of birth was unverifiable - what was record-keeping like in 1900 Kurdistan?

• Like 1

Argentina and Israel's leaders denounced Tuesday a brutal home attack on Argentina's chief rabbi, who was rushed to the hospital and reportedly suffered fractured ribs and a punctured lung.

"We must not allow anti-Semitism to rear its head. I strongly condemn recent anti-Semitic incidents and call on the international community to act against it," Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Tuesday morning.

Israel's President Reuben Rivlin spoke with Rabbi Gabriel Davidovich over the phone from the hospital.
SC

"I used to go to New York University a long time ago, which is in Greenwich Village, that's where I started, and I was, ah, in love in my freshman year, but I did not marry the first girl that I fell in love with, because there was a tremendous religious conflict, at the time. She was an atheist, and I was an agnostic, y'know. We didn't know which religion not to bring the children up in. And I bummed around for a long time, and I met my wife, and we got married against my parents' wishes, we were married in Long Island, in New York, we were married by a reformed rabbi in Long Island... a very reformed rabbi... a Nazi." - Woody Allen

• Like 1