Davey Jones' Locker

Yank Science Fiction Series

On 17/07/2020 at 19:27, RoverAndOut said:

Following on from the death of John Winston announced last month, and my slightly incomplete list of the oldest living actors from Doctor Who, I thought I'd take a look at how Star Trek's doing. Obviously quite a few of the notables have passed away (Roddenberry, Majel Barrett, Nimoy, Kelley, Doohan, Whitney, Lenard), but a few are still with us, plus a whole host of bit-part players and guest performers. I'm slightly surprised there isn't a thread for the franchise, but I'm keeping Sean happy and not creating one at this time (an admin can spin this off at some point if they want to). Anyway, I've done research into all three seasons of The Original Series and may do more of the series and films (although I had a look at The Motion Picture and after the principals there's shedloads of extras and single scene actors so it may be tricky to work out who's worth doing). Here's an (I hope) exhaustive list of everyone still with us from Season 1 of The Original Series, organised by age with those I have little to no idea of at the bottom. I'll add Seasons 2 and 3 when I get a chance. I've included some notes, where relevant and apologies for any inconsistencies, it was quite hard work!

Sally Kellerman (Dr. Elizabeth Dehner in Where No Man Has Gone Before) – 2/6/37 (83)

Sally Kellerman, the original Hotlips in M*A*S*H and loads of other things dead: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/sally-kellerman-dead-hot-lips-houlihan-mash-1235099282/

Previously picked for the DDP apparently not this year (a Crumble sub?).

Used this thread as Rover gave a lot of work to it, despite there being a Star Trek Thread.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Sally Kellerman, the original Hotlips in M*A*S*H and loads of other things dead: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/sally-kellerman-dead-hot-lips-houlihan-mash-1235099282/

Used this thread as Rover gave a lot of work to it, despite there being a Star Trek Thread.

Sally Kellerman a Blueberry Crumble sub I see.

List of the Missed @Death Impends http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2021/celebs_K.html#kelles

Faves of mine: Columbo (Ashes To Ashes) and a major role in Lost Horizon - many hate the musical version, I rather like it.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

That's a shame. I preferred her over Swit.  I think this is the first time the film actor has died before their tv counterpart.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

That's a shame. I preferred her over Swit.  I think this is the first time the film actor has died before their tv counterpart.

I never thought she was that old!!!

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Sally Kellerman a Blueberry Crumble sub I see.

List of the Missed @Death Impends http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2021/celebs_K.html#kelles

Faves of mine: Columbo (Ashes To Ashes) and a major role in Lost Horizon - many hate the musical version, I rather like it.

Arrgh drat  I shouldn't have dropped her from my DDP line up!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Around circa 2002, Sir Creep got to be part of a group of about 50 who were a test market for two new television show pilots.  One was a sitcom that starred Kellerman as the mother, along w daughter and grandson in same home.  I do not recall the name of the show, nor the names of the other forgettable actors.  That adjective describes the pilot and the show never saw the light of day.

SC

On 26/05/2020 at 23:15, Lafaucheuse said:

Third death from Seinfeld in a month with Sam Lloyd and Jerry Stiller. Liz Sheridan (91) next ? 

Liz Sheridan dead.

Bad times for Seinfeld.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

11 minutes ago, drol said:

Liz Sheridan dead.

Bad times for Seinfeld.

OMG another lost, so sad RIP Liz

2 hours ago, drol said:

Liz Sheridan dead.

Bad times for Seinfeld.

Damn ! Didn’t see that one coming at all ! Loved her on seinfeld, my 3rd death of the year on my international list ! Rip…

American actress Valora Noland (Wiki) who played Daras in the Star Trek: The Original Series, second season episode "Patterns of Force" dead at 80

Star Trek 2 x 21 "Patterns of Force " Valora Noland as Darras | Star trek, Star  trek series, Star trek universe

• Like 3

Harold Livingston (wiki), American novelist, but more notably the screenwriter of Star Trek: The Motion Picturedead at 97.

d24533.jpg.229285b63f7efe609e405dc63684643d.jpg

• Like 4

Gabrielle Beaumont (Wiki), British film director, who became the first woman to direct an episode of Star Trek, with the episode "Booby Trap" dead at 80

She also helped for other series like Dynasty, Hill Street Blues and M*A*S*H.

Gabrielle Beaumont - Rotten Tomatoes

• Like 4

On 24/12/2015 at 14:38, Shroud said:

Twilight Zone 3

Roger Davis 1939

Brooke Hayward 1937

Joanna Heyes 1927

Arte Johnson 1929

Jimmy Lydon 1923

Mark Miller 1925

Naomi Stevens 1926

Juie Van Zandt 1929

Joanna Heyes (IMDbdead at 94

Joanna Heyes – Movies, Bio and Lists on MUBI

• Like 4

Maggie Thrett (Wiki), StarTrek actress who played Ruth Bonaventure dead at 76

• Like 1

American actor Danny Goldring (Wikidead at 76

He made guest appearances in three of the Star Trek spin-off series. He appeared in a total of six episodes, playing five different characters.

• Like 2

On 25/12/2015 at 09:58, Shroud said:

Twilight Zone 4

Pamela Austin 1939

Shelley Berman 1925

Conlan Carter 1934

Ben Cooper 1933

Richard Erdman 1925

Tom Gilleran 1936

Vernon Gray 1928

Betty Hartford 1927

Robert Hogan 1933

Asa Maynor 1936

Barbara Perry 1923

Peter Walker 1927

Patrick Westwood 1924

A couple of other passings; Jenna McMahon 1925 - 2015; Cliff Osmond 1937- 2012.

According to Accurint Thomas Gilleran (IMDb) died on Oct 15, 2022 in Hollywood, LA, CA at the age of 86

Tom Gilleran - IMDb

3 hours ago, Gisooo said:

According to Accurint Thomas Gilleran (IMDb) died on Oct 15, 2022 in Hollywood, LA, CA at the age of 86

Tom Gilleran - IMDb

If you haven't already submitted it yourself, can you please upload a screenshot here so I can ping it over to IMDb?

18 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

If you haven't already submitted it yourself, can you please upload a screenshot here so I can ping it over to IMDb?

Don't worry I submitted it, plus his name is listed on SAG AFTRA Magazine Special uploaded two days ago. The date match!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Canadian-American actress Sharon Acker (Wikidead at 87

She played Odona in Star Trek series and also Della Street, Perry Mason's loyal secretary, in The New Perry Mason. Her film roles include Lucky Jim, Point Blank and Don't Let the Angels Fall.

image.png.b29f16afdaa2f63632a6eb192874024e.png

• Like 4

John Copage (IMDb), American actor known for his appearance in Star Trek, Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: The Next Generation reported dead at 98

Other credits includes: Bewitched, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Mission: Impossible, Dynasty, The Man from U.N.C.L.E etc

image.thumb.png.203bd96303fdfb0eafca9ebe37680026.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

John Copage (IMDb), American actor known for his appearance in Star Trek, Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: The Next Generation reported dead at 98

Other credits includes: Bewitched, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Mission: Impossible, Dynasty, The Man from U.N.C.L.E etc

image.thumb.png.203bd96303fdfb0eafca9ebe37680026.png

Link? :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Link? :rolleyes:

When I report a death just belive me :rolleyes:

No link, no obit

IMG_20230725_163251_623.thumb.jpg.9e0ef6ae5e54cb541bd0610439e742fc.jpg

5 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

When I report a death just belive me :rolleyes:

No link, no obit

IMG_20230725_163251_623.thumb.jpg.9e0ef6ae5e54cb541bd0610439e742fc.jpg

That's not how it works here. If you report a death give us something. Which you now have. Whatever that is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 17/07/2020 at 20:27, RoverAndOut said:

Here's an (I hope) exhaustive list of everyone still with us from Season 1 of Star Trek: The Original Series, organised by age with those I have little to no idea of at the bottom. I'll add Seasons 2 and 3 when I get a chance. I've included some notes, where relevant and apologies for any inconsistencies, it was quite hard work!

*snip*

Patricia McNulty (Yeoman Tina Lawton in Charlie X) – 13/8/45 (75)

American actress Patricia McNulty (Wikidead at 80

She played Tina Lawton in Star Trek

Other films and TV series, she appeared are My Three Sons, Please Don't Eat the Daisies, The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis and Hazel.

image.png.f815878ca804738d48ef798e971c179f.png

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

American actress Patricia McNulty (Wikidead at 80

She played Tina Lawton in Star Trek

Other films and TV series, she appeared are My Three Sons, Please Don't Eat the Daisies, The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis and Hazel.

image.png.f815878ca804738d48ef798e971c179f.png

Obit looks a bit dodgy. It says “we will remember him forever”.

Any other sources?