Guest Catherine

Billy Graham

Billy Graham is still doing his daily letter answering.

I keep hearing all this from the news and even himself that he's on the out, but most people usually give up on articles like this before they die.

Maybe we should be watching this space?

I keep hearing all this from the news and even himself that he's on the out, but most people usually give up on articles like this before they die.

Paul, I doubt very seriously, Rev. Graham is writing these responses himself. This and the others are most likely written by members of his staff. I doubt the old man even knows that they are coming in.

Paul, I doubt very seriously, Rev. Graham is writing these responses himself. This and the others are most likely written by members of his staff. I doubt the old man even knows that they are coming in.

I think you've confused Abigail van Buren with Billy Graham. I'm pretty certain he does them all himself.

I mean, the answer is basically the same for each one, it's not like it takes that much effort.

And there was me thinking Superstar Billy Graham was an American wrestler in the 1970s/80s.

Before Hogan ripped off his image, anyway..

And there was me thinking Superstar Billy Graham was an American wrestler in the 1970s/80s.

Before Hogan ripped off his image, anyway..

That Billy Graham is, what, in his 60's and had used loads of illegal steroids. Having been prescribed SPAM a handful of times, I can guess that 'the other Billy' has heart problems, osteoperosis and could be well on the way to being a diabetic, and that's just the start. You can watch him too if you please.

Last Crusade my ass! :P

B)

Last Crusade my ass! :P

B)

He uses a walker because of a pelvic fracture and is largely confined to his home in Montreat.

Except when he wants to go party in New Orleans...

Organized religion has lied once again and so on with the disgruntled rants. I guess though, he seems like the type who's going to keep on truckin' until the end, so maybe this event will do him in?

If I had fluid on the brain, prostate cancer, Parkinson's and was recovering from pelvic fractures and had a slab in the morgue waiting for me...I'd head to New Orleans to toss some beads and drool over some mammaries before I cashed in my chips.

If I had fluid on the brain, prostate cancer, Parkinson's and was recovering from pelvic fractures and had a slab in the morgue waiting for me...I'd head to New Orleans to toss some beads and drool over some mammaries before I cashed in my chips.

He's not going until March though. Leave it to a preacher to get the Mardi Gras dates wrong...

Unless they're moving it due to Hurricane Katrina :D

Evidentely, I just made the 47,000th post.

Is that significant number?

Edited by Canadian Paul

Billy Graham is now the #1 living choice on the rotten deadpool and all time #2 only to Il Papa JP II.

Eddie Albert and Ronald Reagan both died soon after assuming the all time #2 position... perhaps the end is near for Billy Graham?

Oh, and I could have sworn there was a seperate Billy Graham thread, but I couldn't find it... if some kindly mod does, please transfer this post there.

[Done -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

Billy Graham is now the #1 living choice on the rotten deadpool and all time #2 only to Il Papa JP II.

Eddie Albert and Ronald Reagan both died soon after assuming the all time #2 position... perhaps the end is near for Billy Graham?

Oh, and I could have sworn there was a seperate Billy Graham thread, but I couldn't find it... if some kindly mod does, please transfer this post there.

The Billy Graham thread is in the 2006 names forum.

The thread was moved there when Billy entered the official DeathList 50

The Billy Graham thread is in the 2006 names forum.

The thread was moved there when Billy entered the official DeathList 50

Wow, I really deserve to be shot for that one :angry:

Billy Graham in the 1950s and 1960s against the backdrop of my life--a prose-poetic comment. :blink:

THE FIFTIES

In the fifties, the decade my family contacted and joined the Baha'i Faith in Canada, this new Faith grew slowly from under three hundred to nearly a thousand. In the United States, in the same period, the various forms of Christianity grew from strength to strength according to Robert Elwood in his book The Fifties Spiritual Marketplace. The fifties were, he wrote, the decade of Catholic triumphalism, of mass evangelism within Protestantism and of the rise of the Black Church as a platform for the nascent Civil Rights movement. -Ron Price with thanks to Robert Elwood, The Fifties Spiritual Marketplace, reviewed on "The Religion Report," ABC Radio National, 18 April 2001, 8:30-9:00 am.

It was a booming business

below the border

when my family contacted

a new world religion

with a temple in Chicago

in the fifties in this

most conservative culture.1

Ours was a much quieter world

back then, little of that

mass evangelism,

Billy Graham never came near us,

not as far as I remember.

There was none of that

Catholic triumphalism

from New York to L.A.,

at least none that I could see,

not that I was looking that hard

back then when life was simple

and safe and sweet-at-home,

at least most of the time.

All I wanted to know in those days

of Ike Eisenhower and Doris Day

was who was playing on Saturday,

whether the Maple Leafs were still

at the top of the National League

and whether the Tiger Cats game

was being televised this week.

Slowly a new wind blew,

I guess from about '53.

It was nothing flash,

natural, organic, as everyday

as the hot soup the Dixons

brought over when we were sick.

And slowly I began thinking

about those birds flying over Akka,

about history since the Enlightenment,

early Christianity especially around Nicea

and the future of mankind.

And I tasted from sweet-scented streams,

always wondering just what they were

And my little blue prayer book

seemed to get thinner and thinner

before I gave it away to an Eskimo,

Josephee Teemotee in, what was it, '67?

1 Canada is well-known for its conservatism in the first half of the twentieth century.

Ron Price

18 April 2001

Guest Guest

[Done -- MH]

Was Billy at the King funeral?

[Done -- MH]

Was Billy at the King funeral?

That's a good question that I can't find an answer to... anyone?

It would be interesting if Billy Graham and Oral Roberts were called home in the same year, being as they are two aged titans of christianity.

They both have been in declining health over the last few years. Oral Robert's wife died last year and this might hasten his demise. If they both die this year, I will have 2 additional successes on my 2006 ddp list :P

http://www.christiannews.0catch.com/graham.htm

Good theme song on this website. Hates Graham though. Very interesting stuff. Didn't know Graham was so anti-semetic.

Graham is quite a scary person, along with Pat Robertson and Jerry Fulwell. Yet people are often so blinkered that they hold him up to be some great icon and are willing to part with so much money to keep him going.

But as they say, money doesn't always buy you the keys to Heaven, but it certainly buys you the keys to a Rolls-Royce

Guest iain

I don't think the RevGraham will pass away before his wife does .She needs him