Guest Catherine

Billy Graham

Rev Billy Graham

I'm going to try and find out what time his Christmas Special is on tonight and get back to you on this one. CarolAnn - this is a job for you, because I KNOW he'll be on in Texas (they're pre-empting something else for it an atheists got all pissy)

Oh man, CP, you owe me for this. An atheist watching a Billy Graham Christmas Special - and having to watch the whole damn thing. :ph34r:

He wasn't on it. The only thing they showed of him was a taped evangelistic hoorah that was held July 9th in Camden Yards. No Billy Christmas message or anything. The special was pretty much done by his son.

I have to go take a shower now.

What a bummer. Can I make it up to you with another poem CA? :P

I have always wondered how Billy Graham managed to keep his hair so stiff. doesn't it scream that he's already dead?

I have always wondered how Billy Graham managed to keep his hair so stiff. doesn't it scream that he's already dead?

No.

Anyhow, more strain on the old man as he's caught in the middle of a debae about his final resting place.

yeah...I read this too....hes blind and has Alzheimers...(?) ....isn't that a recipe for a long lingering death (bearing in mind he will have the best of care...unlike most of our relatives who suffer the same ? ) .

The bloomin' funeral spots aint been built yet , so another reason to keep him going .

I say a no-no for 2007

No.

Anyhow, more strain on the old man as he's caught in the middle of a debae about his final resting place.

yeah...I read this too....hes blind and has Alzheimers...(?) ....isn't that a recipe for a long lingering death (bearing in mind he will have the best of care...unlike most of our relatives who suffer the same ? ) .

The bloomin' funeral spots aint been built yet , so another reason to keep him going .

I say a no-no for 2007

Does that article mean that there will be a "Praise-land" ?

No.

I say a no-no for 2007

Does that article mean that there will be a "Praise-land" ?

I think the article means he will do his utmost to piss all his relatives off and survive for as long as possible

No.

I say a no-no for 2007

He's almost blind and has Parkinson's.

Billy Graham makes statement from The Mayo Clinic

Seems to me that he's likely to emerge next week after having a pacemaker fitted.

Billy Graham makes statement from The Mayo Clinic

I guess it is doubtful that Rev. Graham will be preaching at the Ford funeral. Not a bad idea to keep him on in '07.

I went to a Billy Graham show at Villa Park in around 1987 and I can confirm he's madder than a box of frogs. And so were most of the people in the crowd. I'm more inclined to believe in Father Christmas than what he was trying to pass off onto those brainwashed idiots. Father Christmas is certainly more logical.

I went to a Billy Graham show at Villa Park in around 1987 and I can confirm he's madder than a box of frogs. And so were most of the people in the crowd. I'm more inclined to believe in Father Christmas than what he was trying to pass off onto those brainwashed idiots. Father Christmas is certainly more logical.

Speaking as a middle aged cynical and twisted atheist of long standing, I can say that while I don't at all agree with Billy Graham's take on anything I can give him credit for what he has done. He has spearheaded a tremendous amount of work regarding the welfare of children and the oppressed. He is modestly compensated for what he does, especially when compared to other high profile evangelists. While he certainly isn't perfect - for example, his alleged anti-Semitism - I hold him in high regard for his willingness to walk his talk.

Speaking as a middle aged cynical and twisted atheist of long standing, I can say that while I don't at all agree with Billy Graham's take on anything I can give him credit for what he has done. He has spearheaded a tremendous amount of work regarding the welfare of children and the oppressed. He is modestly compensated for what he does, especially when compared to other high profile evangelists. While he certainly isn't perfect - for example, his alleged anti-Semitism - I hold him in high regard for his willingness to walk his talk.

But he's a deluded fool - like all believers in a rational god.

At least Billy is subtle, extracting dollars from his docile and gullible followers over decades.

As for his anti-Semiticism – what's the issue? Christianity has peddled that prejudice for millennia - it's just further proof of his and his faith's narrow-mindedness.

Billy Graham's grandson injured in Iraq. Granted, it's about as much news as me having seen a Billy Graham bumper sticker last week, but he's been silent since the burial controversy anyhow.

Billy Graham to attend inauguration of the Billy Graham Library.

Sounds like his wife is doing far worse than he is, although they have to limit the amount of people at the event due to Billy's health concerns.

Also of minor note, I wonder why Jimmy Carter isn't attending?

I wonder why Jimmy Carter isn't attending?

He was going, but discovered a rival peanut firm had the catering contract!

Story

Here's a link to a story on Billy Graham in which he discusses his declining health. He rarely grants interviews - and did this one by email. The article is from Minneapolis, Minnesota's Star Tribune - he gave the interview only because he has a deep appreciation of Minnesota since he was the Bible college president there. Apparently it was done by email because his health was so bad, and his wife is now bedridden. Maybe his last interview? He talks as if he doesn't have long.

Ruth Bell Graham, wife of Billy, is reported to be critically ill and near death.

I think that his wife is the main reason why Billy Graham has hung on for so long. If his wife dies, I don't see him lasting much longer.

Ruth Bell Graham, wife of Billy, is reported to be critically ill and near death.

I think that his wife is the main reason why Billy Graham has hung on for so long. If his wife dies, I don't see him lasting much longer.

I agree. If she goes fairly soon, I think he will go by the end of the year.

I respect Football Fan's opinion and I'm with him here. I would give Graham a year or so now under these circumstances. I don't think he will pull a Walter Cronkite and marry a woman 30 years younger then himself. Final crusade? Even as I feel for his loss, I'm preaching it.