Lewd_Squirrel

Shove Off, Eh?

Jonathon Crombie, ie Gilbert in Anne Of Green Gables, dead at 48.

SirC

(My ex loved this movie so I saw it a dozen times)http://www.freep.com/story/life/people/2015/04/18/jonathan-crombie-anne-of-green-gables-death/25994191/

There is probably not one Canadian woman (and maybe some men) in my age group that isn't gutted by news of Jonathan's death. I had such a crush on his Gilbert Blythe. It is just so sad. I think my daughter has the DVDs. Maybe PBS will air all three mini-series in Jonathan's memory.
I damn near opened with 'sorry ladies...' As you are spot on. Growing up in Detroit we got to watch CBC right across the river... So I'm fully versed in Canadian programming and classics.

PBS showing the trilogy would be cool, and I'd cuddle up (with a few beers this time lol ) and watch. I found the third offering an obtuse story with war and all that and Anne going to the Front, but I'm over it. Thanks to my ex wife I now fully enjoy costume dramas and at least the first two parts of AOGG.

SC

I agree, the third one was disappointing, but we did get the long anticipated Ann/Gilbert wedding. To sound completely ridiculous, Jonathan Crombie was just so dreamy in that role. I always thought Megan Follows was a lucky bitch. If there is a rebroadcast I'd watch with a nice bottle of Chambord and pretend that it was Mirrilla's raspberry cordiale.

Here's another Canuck tie-in with AOGG.

Amy Wallis, a talented actress and singer whose past credits included playing the lead role of Anne Shirley in the Charlottetown Festival production of Anne of Green Gables has died. Wallis, 32, died Sunday in Vancouver after a lengthy battle with leukemia.

SC

http://m.journalpioneer.com/News/Local/2015-06-16/article-4184003/Former-Anne-actress-dead-at-32/1

• Like 1

Jacques Parizeau, the man who nearly led Quebec to sovereignty in 1995, has died.

He was 84.

SC

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/montreal/jacques-parizeau-former-quebec-premier-dead-at-84-1.2977182

Not really nearly, both referendums failed to get the required minimum 51%. Consistently 60% of Quebecois want to stay attached to Canada. I am a Westcoasters but I did put half of my children in French Immersion, so two of them are bilingual. :D

Arthur Porter, former hospital administrator and fraudster, died while serving jail time at La Joya prison near Panama City. He died from cancer at 59. He will surely be missed.

I believe a very wise and astute member going by YoungWillz once said, in reference to a person who can be placed in numerous categories, "their nationality should be a last resort." Planes Trains Automobiles was a natural landing place for Overdijk, who has cashed in his chips.

SC

I believe a very wise and astute member going by YoungWillz once said, in reference to a person who can be placed in numerous categories, "their nationality should be a last resort." Planes Trains Automobiles was a natural landing place for Overdijk, who has cashed in his chips.

SC

Could have been Pilots, he was driving. :)

On balance and I did think about this, I prefer here. Do not mistake me for an imbecile who says one thing and does another. Last resort for me.

First female Secretary of State for Foriegn Affairs ever Flora MacDonald passes away...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/flora-macdonald-longtime-politician-dead-at-89-1.3168239

She was a true representative of girl power. Even involved in the rescue of the six American diplomates from Iran in 1980.

My apologies if already posted, I did a name search first and nothing came up.

Canadian diplomat Kenneth D .Taylor, the former ambassador to Iran who helped American captives escape during the 1979 hostage crisis, is "very gravely ill" according to this tweet. In the unlikely event he sees 2016, I reckon he's highly obitable.

• Like 1

Canadian diplomat Kenneth D .Taylor, the former ambassador to Iran who helped American captives escape during the 1979 hostage crisis, is "very gravely ill" according to this tweet. In the unlikely event he sees 2016, I reckon he's highly obitable.

Depending, DDT, you may have just won me a DP on this DougStanhope bullshit site. They have 24 hours to approve his celebrity status

Depending, DDT, you may have just won me a DP on this DougStanhope bullshit site. They have 24 hours to approve his celebrity status

Forgive the stupid question, but is that DP actually run by Doug Stanhope?

Oh I don't believe that for a second

Oh I don't believe that for a second

Me neither, though the thought does amuse. Most on the DDP using pseudonyms and then there would be Stanhope going "Fuck yeah, I'm Doug Stanhope, here's my deadpool!"

Well I DO think he is connected to it and allows his name usage. Hell, he may field an actual team somewhere for all I know. But only the obtuse would believe he administers the site in any way.

SC

Just to update, sadly I will not get to use Mr Reddy to win my league DDT.

"reaper@dscdp.com

You wanted to know, so here you go...

The request to add Reddy to our celebrity list has been denied. Here's why...

Not enough celebrity status..

Good Mourning,

Stanhope

www.DougStanhopesCelebrityDeathPool.com."

Dead.

• Like 1

Well, he lasted about 24 hours on a shortlist.

Well now I feel better at least

A feisty Alberta centenarian who made headlines for competing in javelin events has died. Florence Storch was 102. An obituary says she died Wednesday in Hanna, where she had lived in a seniors lodge.

Storch said in interviews that she accidentally got into javelin in her 90s, while helping organize the Canada 55-Plus Games in her home town. When she noticed that no one had signed up for the sport, she put her name on the list. She won many medals and for several years was the oldest athlete at the Games.

SC

Alberta Progressive Conservative MLA Manmeet Bhullar died in a traffic accident Monday after stopping on a snowy Highway 2 to help a driver in need.

Bhullar, who was the MLA for Calgary-Greenway and former Tory government minister, was travelling to Edmonton from Calgary when he stopped near the Blindman River north of Red Deer to help after another driver rolled into the median.

He was outside his vehicle on the median when an out of control semi-truck hit him, according to RCMP. He died later in hospital.

He was 35.
SC

The old Canadian Paul Death Pool had a number of decent Canadian options - Maurice Strong was the one I picked donkeys years ago and he's still going strong.

Maurice Strong dies at 86. http://citizentv.co.ke/news/uneps-founding-executive-maurice-strong-passes-away-107486/

Founding Exec of the UN Environmental programme which has laid the foundation for climate change talks at Rio 1992 and beyond.

Edit: One for the List of the Missed, he was a pick in 2008 DDP. http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2008/celebs_S.html

• Like 1