Lewd_Squirrel

Shove Off, Eh?

I searched his name and couldn't find a reference to him specifically my apologies if already posted.

Former BC Premier Bill Bennett passed away yesterday from complications of Alzheimers. He was quite controversial. I even wrote a song about one of the scandals for a staff holiday party.

CTV Link: http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/former-b-c-premier-bill-bennett-dies-at-age-83-1.2687580

• Like 2

William Needles, Canada's oldest working actor who graced the stages of Broadway, London and the Stratford Festival for almost 50 years, has died in Canada. He was 97. The actor and educator died Tuesday at a hospice in Alliston, Ontario, after suffering a heart attack, according to Ann Swerdfager, a Stratford representative.

SC

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/apexchange/2016/01/13/us--obit-william-needles.html

Patrick Brazeau, Canadian Senator embroiled in scandal, had to have some surgery Tuesday night and seems to be in pretty serious condition.

Victor Goldbloom, Quebec's first environmental minister who went on to become Canada’s official languages commissioner, has died at the age of 92. His family said he died of a heart attack on Monday night.

SC

http://m.thestar.com/#/article/news/canada/2016/02/16/victor-goldbloom-former-quebec-politician-dies-at-92.html

Guest guest

Former Alberta premier Don Getty has died

Rolland Fox, the father of Canadian icon, Terry Fox has ended his battle with lung cancer. The 80-year-old died on Tuesday afternoon. His family announced his cancer diagnosis in January.

This is surely quite sad news for our Canuck brothers and sisters.

For those unaware of the Terry Fox story, it's an ESPN 30-for-30 film, "Into the Wind". Well worth the watch, as are most of the 30 for 30 films imho.
SC

Rolland Fox, the father of Canadian icon, Terry Fox has ended his battle with lung cancer. The 80-year-old died on Tuesday afternoon. His family announced his cancer diagnosis in January.

This is surely quite sad news for our Canuck brothers and sisters.

For those unaware of the Terry Fox story, it's an ESPN 30-for-30 film, "Into the Wind". Well worth the watch, as are most of the 30 for 30 films imho.

SC

BT Sport showed that 30-for-30 about a month ago. Watching some of those without actual pop culture osmosis of the events can be a bit unexpectedly traumatic. There was one about basketball, full of youth players doing showboating and all that. Suddenly, one of them (Hank Gathers apparently) bloody went and died on the court during a live TV game! I'm now more surprised when the punchline at the end is "they're still alive and reasonably well".

The Fox family are pretty much royalty in the Tri-Cities (where I live). I voted for Terry over Tommy Douglas as the greatest Canadian. I never knew Terry or the Fox family, but his legacy is every where. Both Betty and Roland did so much for cancer awareness, honouring their son at the same time. RIP Rolly.

Guest guest

Tory MP Jim Hillyer found dead in his Ottawa office. He was 41

Tory MP Jim Hillyer found dead in his Ottawa office. He was 41

Ironically, he was pro-life.

Guest Guest

Plane crash in Quebec... former minister, MP and political analyst Jean Lapierre reported to be on board

Plane crash in Quebec... former minister, MP and political analyst Jean Lapierre reported to be on board

His death has been confirmed. The other victims are his wife, his two brothers, his sister and the two pilots. He was heading to the Magdalen Islands to prepare his father's funerals... His father passed away yesterday. Very sad concerning he was one of my favourite political analysts.

Scotiabank says Cedric Ritchie, who led the bank for more than 20 years, has died at age 88.

Born in Upper Kent, N.B., in 1927, Ritchie was instrumental in expanding Scotiabank internationally.

He was the bank's president from 1972 and its CEO and chairman from 1974 to 1995.

SC

PS: very exciting, an obit from the 'Guelph Mercury'. Could be a while 'ere that happens again.

http://m.guelphmercury.com/news-story/6400823-former-scotiabank-ceo-cedric-ritchie-dies

The CBC is reporting that a former anchor of its nightly newscast died at 93 in Kingston, Ont., Saturday.

Stanley Burke hosted The National News from 1966 to 1969, before the show was rebranded as The National.

SC

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2016/05/29/stanley-burke-former-anchor-of-cbcs-the-national-dies-at-93.html

Calgary Stampeder Ron Allbright has died. He was 81. The team said Monday night that Allbright had died in Calgary on Saturday.

Allbright, a Calgary native, played primarily as an offensive lineman during his 12-year career with the Stampeders from 1956 to 1967.

SC

Pan Breed long lister for 2017, Mauril Belanger, wont be risking that 2017 obit. By which I mean he's dead.

Barbara Hagerman, a former-lieutenant governor of Prince Edward Island, is both candid and inspiring in discussing her terminal cancer.

The 73-year-old Stratford resident told The Guardian Thursday that she learned of her fate on June 10 when a gynecologist in Halifax gave her the jolting news.

She was told she has a mere three to nine months to live due to a rare form of ovarian cancer.

She was told to have her affairs in order.

I'd say she qualifies as my #1 Joker if she enters the starting gate.

SC

LT Gov of a Province with a population of about 100,000

Their are meme and youtube stars with better chances of getting a QO :pop:

• Like 1

LT Gov of a Province with a population of about 100,000

Their are meme and youtube stars with better chances of getting a QO :pop:

In order to have a QO, you must be dead. I stand by that theory.

SC

• Like 1