Spade_Cooley

Morrissey

“They have scraped cancerous tissues four times already, but whatever,” Morrissey told El Mundo, via the Morrissey-Solo messageboard. “If I die, then I die"

It's amazing he hasn't already had that as one of his song titles. (er... if he hasn't that is)

• Like 1

“They have scraped cancerous tissues four times already, but whatever,” Morrissey told El Mundo, via the Morrissey-Solo messageboard. “If I die, then I die"

It's amazing he hasn't already had that as one of his song titles. (er... if he hasn't that is)

He did it for the Rocky IV OST

Lighten up Morrissey

Oops! Realised I posted that last year too :-P

Edited by Paul Bearer

He's supposed to play in the TivoliVredenburg theatre in Utrecht tonight. According to a Dutch news web site one part of his contract stipulates that neither meat nor fish is served in the theatre all day. This caused some grumbling among pianist playing in a competition there, and the judges,

regards,

Hein

He needs some meat...

He needs some meat...

Yeah but the price of it is murder these days!

• Like 2

Now does he mean he has Barrett's oesophagus, or he has oesophagus cancer caused by Barrett's oesophagus. The former means nothing to focus on. The latter would definitely put him on a proper watchlist.

Now does he mean he has Barrett's oesophagus, or he has oesophagus cancer caused by Barrett's oesophagus. The former means nothing to focus on. The latter would definitely put him on a proper watchlist.

Yes, that's what I wondered as well. The next interviewer should ask him more clearly about this.

• Like 1

Surprisingly open interview:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/aug/19/morrissey-interview-larry-king-cancer-depression-barack-obama

Apparently, he has Barrett's cancer. He's also depressed and white inside.

He says he believes that Barack Obama is "white inside" not that he himself is white inside.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/aug/19/morrissey-interview-larry-king-cancer-depression-barack-obama

He says he believes that Barack Obama is "white inside" not that he himself is white inside.

Ah, that's what I get for trying to flesh out my own post in a half-assed way. I guess my brain took that short-cut because Morrissey has occasionally been part of the Britain for the British crowd.

Ah, that's what I get for trying to flesh out my own post in a half-assed way. I guess my brain took that short-cut because Morrissey has occasionally been part of the Britain for the British crowd.

This is the bit where he talks about Obama's support for the police

Referring to recent civil unrest in Ferguson, Missouri, which began after the fatal shooting of unarmed black teen Michael Brown by a white police officer, Morrissey said Barack Obama had “disappointed lots of people” because of his insistence that the police are always right.

He said: “I don’t think with places like Ferguson and so on that [Obama has] really helped his own people by being more interested in forgetting about the police machinery and constantly saying ‘the police are always right’, ‘we must listen to the police’, when everybody knows that’s not true.

“So is Obama, is he white inside? That’s a very logical question, but I think he probably is.”

Interesting little titbit I initially came across on the back page of Athletics Weekly:

Morrissey's first novel out this month is to be called List of the Lost...

• Like 1

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/morrissey-suicide-is-admirable-and-everybody-thinks-about-it-10464515.html:He said suicide was "admirable" lets hope the miserable fucker leads by example.

I'm sorry but suicide is admiral - it's a rather final expression of someones willpower, courage and determination combining physical nerve with mental fortitude. The majority of people who contemplate offing themselves are incapable of following through, me included in times gone by, so it's right to have admiration for those who follow through. It's also right to pity them and be upset at their death.

• Like 2

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/morrissey-suicide-is-admirable-and-everybody-thinks-about-it-10464515.html:He said suicide was "admirable" lets hope the miserable fucker leads by example.

I'm sorry but suicide is admiral - it's a rather final expression of someones willpower, courage and determination combining physical nerve with mental fortitude. The majority of people who contemplate offing themselves are incapable of following through, me included in times gone by, so it's right to have admiration for those who follow through. It's also right to pity them and be upset at their death.

Interesting little titbit I initially came across on the back page of Athletics Weekly:

Hmmm

There are no details as yet about what the novel will be about, though it seems unlikely to be a rollicking farce about a loveable abbatoir worker.

D'ya know what, that's a dangerous supposition, I think it might be exactly the kind of book they're claiming it won't be.

Hmmm

There are no details as yet about what the novel will be about, though it seems unlikely to be a rollicking farce about a loveable abbatoir worker.

D'ya know what, that's a dangerous supposition, I think it might be exactly the kind of book they're claiming it won't be.

It's probably a list of conquest he's forgotten the details about because of heavy drug use.

Hmmm

It's probably a list of conquest he's forgotten the details about because of heavy drug use.

He loves Carry On movies and gritty northern kitchen sink dramas about grim lives, so it could go in that direction.Bear in mind there are loads of Smiths' lyrics nicked word for word from those films...."the dream has gone but the baby is real"....send me the pillow, the pillow you dream on" etc.

In some cases I agree such as you find out you have a horrible disease that will lead to a horrible death.Also cases such as self sacrifice that leaders in military battles sometimes carry out is I suppose admirable.Many cases of suicide though result from severe mental illness when someone is not in a fit state of mind to logically think through the situation.

• Like 1

A sample:

“At this, Eliza and Ezra rolled together into the one giggling snowball of full-figured copulation, screaming and shouting as they playfully bit and puled at each other in a dangerous and clamorous rollercoaster coil of sexually violent rotation with Eliza’s breasts barrel-rolled across Ezra’s howling mouth and the pained frenzy of his bulbous salutation extenuating his excitement as it whacked and smacked its way into every muscle of Eliza’s body except for the otherwise central zone.”

This looks to me like a case of having and eating the same cake, he's gleefully mocking and celebrating overwrought prose, probs achieving the similarly hard task of laughing all the way to the bank.

That page just sold me a book!

• Like 1