Paul Bearer

5. Pope Francis

17 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Thats worrying news. Should watch this space...Francis could yet go before Benedict !

Calm down, Iain. The doctor had been suffering from cancer and was receiving treatment in hospital, where he caught COVID which accelerated his demise. He has not had any contact with the Pope for a long time. 

• Like 3

If he actually resigns that would be so lame. Its the same with monarchs in many european countries except the UK by now. Theyre supposed to rot on the throne till death and nothing less!

4 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

If he actually resigns that would be so lame. Its the same with monarchs in many european countries except the UK by now. Theyre supposed to rot on the throne till death and nothing less!

It'd be cool to have a "year of three popes" but all of the three are living

2 hours ago, roaming_comrade said:

I agree!

Fucking part-Time, lay about bastards! No wonder we voted Brexit!

• Haha 1

On 17/03/2013 at 22:43, Davey Jones' Locker said:

"I warned them [the two kidnapped priests] to be very careful. They were too exposed to the paranoia of the witch hunt. Because they stayed in the barrio, Yorio and Jalics were kidnapped.''

Franz Jalics died on 13th February due to COVID, at 93. One of the two priests who were sold to authorities by a young Bergoglio.

• Like 2

image.png.d19a02954f711c7e9b80aa6a5c32db40.png

Picture of him during his visit to Iraq.

First Pope to land there.

39 minutes ago, Dying Probably said:

image.png.d19a02954f711c7e9b80aa6a5c32db40.png

Picture of him during his visit to Iraq.

First Pope to land there.

Visiting a warzone in the middle of a pandemic. Doesn't sound like he's in too bad health to me...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Visiting a warzone in the middle of a pandemic. Doesn't sound like he's in too bad health to me...

Maybe he wants to resign but doesn’t agree with Papal abdication...

• Haha 2

Francis meets with Ali al-Sisani (wiki), who turns 91 in August.

Their news channel just referred to al-Sisani as the most prominent Shia Muslim leader in the world. Not sure if that's true or not? Yesterday BBC News said Oprah Winfrey was the richest woman in North America (she's not even close).

_117473861_mediaitem117473859.jpg.1405f8ad02f98c224df76f85ed7085cf.jpg

Sistani never seems to smile, and has one of the worst cases of "resting bitch face" I've ever seen.

sistani.jpg.781accfc8f2177c7a5bea5b5282295a5.jpg

Hospitalised for scheduled colon surgery. Not cancer.

The two wheelchair popes. However Francis will probably recover in a couple of weeks

pope1.thumb.jpg.b413e5bb55b34117ba743bb47408143f.jpg

pope2.jpg.05de3ddfa2f890971d7a03844c0cafdd.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arghton said:

The two wheelchair popes. However Francis will probably recover in a couple of weeks

pope1.thumb.jpg.b413e5bb55b34117ba743bb47408143f.jpg

pope2.jpg.05de3ddfa2f890971d7a03844c0cafdd.jpg

Old and Young Mr 'your' Grace

You've all done very well

• Haha 1

Pope Francis has confirmed he will not be travelling to Glasgow for the COP-26 summit as he had intended to, following his recent colon surgery. He had hoped to attend but did caveat it by saying 'it depends how I feel at the time'. Make of that what you will.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58842535

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Pope Francis has confirmed he will not be travelling to Glasgow for the COP-26 summit as he had intended to, following his recent colon surgery. He had hoped to attend but did caveat it by saying 'it depends how I feel at the time'. Make of that what you will.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58842535

I make of it that he'll be a DL miss this decade - they seem to look at folk in their 90s, and Francis's health/robustness has never struck me as a nonagenarian in the making.

• Like 4

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1532069/Pope-Francis-fall-video-plane-greece-lesbos-latest-vn

The fall is not really that relevant but looks rather frail. Will be 85 next week.

Pftt that's hardly a "fall".

I don't think he looks bad at all. I just question why he hasn't stood aside yet. I seem to recall shortly after Benedict stood down, Francis commending it and saying he only wanted to serve for a similar length himself.

Well... Benedict was Pope for 7 years and 10 months. Francis will be coming up to 9 years in March. 

Funny old thing power and prestige... folk often won't surrender it, even once they're past their sell by date!