Crispy

Andy Fordham Memorial Darts Thread

Andy Fordham will he retain his title ???  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just watched Raymond van Barneveld lose to some Scottish guy I'd never heard of (admittedly not much of a stretch for me and darts). But the ITV folk said something along the lines of van Barneveld being "away from the game for a while for his health"... anything us casuals should take note of? 

4 minutes ago, msc said:

Just watched Raymond van Barneveld lose to some Scottish guy I'd never heard of (admittedly not much of a stretch for me and darts). But the ITV folk said something along the lines of van Barneveld being "away from the game for a while for his health"... anything us casuals should take note of? 

Diabetes I believe - he's had the condition for some time.

• Thanks 1

Players Championship stopped while a player receives "urgent medical attention". Every name is rumoured but a lot of people suggesting it was the aforementioned Barney, who was marking the Gurney/Noguera match.

1 minute ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Yep, it is Van Barneveld. Two ambulances are currently on-site. This doesn't sound good.

He really did not look a well man at the Open a few weeks back (hence my post above) and he was playing like complete shit too - even by "not played the game in ages" standards - which suggested something was up. 

On 13/01/2021 at 02:10, Beachy Head said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/13720938/darts-andy-fordham-terrified-death-coronavirus/

Has COVID 19 and is terrified of dying.

Is 21 stone and has severe liver problems though claims to be teetotal still.

"“I am staying in my bedroom because my wife, Jenny, has had cancer twice and my father-in-law who lives with us is 87 and is severely disabled."

So, tragically none of that trio are capable of opening the front door when reality television comes knocking, then :facepalm:

The world of darts doing us a big favour in terms of form-spotting, by launching the Senior Darts Tour. Players include the titular Andy Fordham, prostate cancer "survivors" Martin Adams and Dennis Priestly, pisshead stroke-victim Ted Hankey and pisshead non-stroke victim Keith Deller.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

pisshead

Darts player.

Who'd have thunk?

Bruce Spendley, perhaps the quintessential old school darts referee, called the first-ever game in the PDC (when it was still the WDC), and PDC Hall of Fame member, dead at 80. Called the legendary Taylor/Barney final, as well as the Groper's final Ally Pally win.

• Like 1

Mensur Suljovic withdraws from the Matchplay for "medical reasons". Not the first time he's pulled out of a tournament on health grounds.

Time to shut this thread 

28 minutes ago, Leon Brittan said:

Time to shut this thread 

No just needs a name change as the thread is for all dart players

On 21/03/2021 at 00:49, maryportfuncity said:

"“I am staying in my bedroom because my wife, Jenny, has had cancer twice and my father-in-law who lives with us is 87 and is severely disabled."

So, tragically none of that trio are capable of opening the front door when reality television comes knocking, then :facepalm:

The other ones still alive?

16 minutes ago, RIP Wee Jum said:

No just needs a name change as the thread is for all dart players

"Andy Fordham and other dart players"

A unique Derby Dead Pool hit for somebody called Eddie's parade of darkness and despair.  Well done whoever you are.

I am convinced that a large multitude of unique hits are going to take the Derby Dead Pool to a record number of hits this year.

RIP