Crispy

Andy Fordham Memorial Darts Thread

Andy Fordham will he retain his title ???  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

For those who like a good "mother of a darts player" pick, Glen Durrant mentioned in his post-match interview after hammering Simon Whitlock right now that his mam's not doing very well at the moment.

So,

DDP chances, marginal

Deathrace chances better

Or summat

Wayne Mardle missing the darts today with an illness. Fingers crossed, hey?

5 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Wayne Mardle missing the darts today with an illness. Fingers crossed, hey?

Wouldn’t get your hopes up they said yesterday it was just the flu he will be fine.

Interesting tweet from Roz Bulmer, who made the semi-finals of last year's BDO Women's World Trophy:

Just noticed the subtitle says 'darts players'.  Would 'dart players' be correct?  I used to throw darts, but I never called myself a darts player.

On 10/01/2019 at 16:10, Spade_Cooley said:

Interesting tweet from Roz Bulmer, who made the semi-finals of last year's BDO Women's World Trophy:

Back on track, or one for the curse of "I've beaten cancer"?

On 11/01/2019 at 00:22, Sir Creep said:

Just noticed the subtitle says 'darts players'.  Would 'dart players' be correct?  I used to throw darts, but I never called myself a darts player.

The sport is called "darts", not "dart". So if you're a player of said sport, you are a "darts player", just like someone who plays football is a football player.

5 hours ago, Yama said:

The sport is called "darts", not "dart". So if you're a player of said sport, you are a "darts player", just like someone who plays football is a football player.

Darter then. :P

Or possibly Dartser even.

On 14/11/2018 at 09:59, Spade_Cooley said:

Tommy Cox, co-founder of the PDC and arguably the most important figure in the big darts schism, has died after a short battle with pancreatic cancer. Somehow Olly Croft outlives another one.

But no more: they just announced during the Players Championship that Olly Croft is dead at 90.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Talk on Twitter that Ceri Morgan has died aged 72. Had his best days before the TV darts boom of the 1980s, but was a consensus top 10 player of the late 70s. Made the World Cup final in 1979 and the semis of the 1982 Masters.

Ceri Morgan was always there or thereabouts, part of the great Welsh contingent of that era. Sad if he has gone that relatively young.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5117650/

American darts player Dave Kelly reportedly dead:

I'm afraid the US darts teams of the early 90s weren't that good. But were they ever?

Andy Fordham is 90% better after suffering severe bowel obstruction.

41 minutes ago, drol said:

Andy Fordham is 90% better after suffering severe bowel obstruction.

No shit.

• Like 2

Alan Glazier reported dead:

He lost to Bristow twice in his best runs at the World Darts, and Bristow beat him to the grave as well.

Anyway, one of those well known faces of darts.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Alan Glazier reported dead:

He lost to Bristow twice in his best runs at the World Darts, and Bristow beat him to the grave as well.

Anyway, one of those well known faces of darts.

Known as."The man in Black". iirc.

41 minutes ago, redrumours said:

Known as."The man in Black". iirc.

So major dust up in the afterlife, then as he chucks darts whilst Johnny Cash attempts to swat him by wielding a guitar!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

So major dust up in the afterlife, then as he chucks darts whilst Johnny Cash attempts to swat him by wielding a guitar!

Valentine Dyall would have seen off Johnny Cash's challenge by now. Not for nothing was he also The Black Guardian.

Glazier's death means there are no more darts players listed on DartsDatabase over the age of 80. Doesn't mean there aren't any out there, but probably means that there's no more QOs out there for over-80s arrows-chuckers. Oldest player listed is John "Mr Magoo" Magowan, who I'm pretty sure has been in his late 70s since the release of the Commodore Amiga.

Actually the DartsDatabase list is fucking useless, it still lists David "Rocky" Jones as being alive and he died 25 years ago. Am I really going to have to research this myself? Fucking hell....