Sign in to follow this  
RIP Wee Jum

Predict The (Alleged) Nonce

With Fergie leaving ManUtd in a few days time, the longest serving manager title will pass to that "Arsey" Wenger guy. Me somehow thinks it could be a short tenure with many strange phone calls listing crude unhealthy inside information being made to the cops by some elderly chap with a heavy Scottish twang in his voice.

Have you not heard what the Spurs supporters call him, R.A?

With Fergie leaving ManUtd in a few days time, the longest serving manager title will pass to that "Arsey" Wenger guy. Me somehow thinks it could be a short tenure with many strange phone calls listing crude unhealthy inside information being made to the cops by some elderly chap with a heavy Scottish twang in his voice.

Have you not heard what the Spurs supporters call him, R.A?

No, butt I can guess!

He does have a wife and a kid but then again those links to Nancy may be a pointer?

And because I've heard he likes watching lots of videos of young black boys doing really sporting stuff.

Now is it also AW who likes jumping in the team bath at the end of the game too? Or is that someone else?

I'd just like to point out that lots of people had dodgy pullovers/beards/hair/wigs in the 70s (and other decades).

Many people worked with children in the 70s (and other decades).

Many people worked for the BBC in the 70s (and other decades).

It doesn't make them all 'nonces', 'rapists' or 'kiddy fiddlers'.

This is (in my opinion) the most puerile, pointless thread currently in existence on this (and probably many other) forum/a

What purpose does it serve?

Its like a load of kids in the school playground pointing at another kid and calling him names.

By all means, have a serious discussion about who is and isn't a sexual predator; talk about how surprised we all were about Stuart Hall, and how surprised we weren't about Jimmy Savile, but can we do away with the 'so-and-so' must be a paedo because he had dodgy hair and worked on a kids TV show?

Rant over.

Hold on a minute. Not everyone on this thread has mentioned names based solely on "ooh bad perm" or "oh he wears a tasteless jumper".

Of the names I referred to, one was based on having met him, and while I think he is a lech and nothing more, it wouldn't surprise me to hear other people put forward his name if only to jump on the bandwagon, one was based on something a good friend of mine told me about her older sister's encounter with the chap when she worked at Jersey airport, again the consensus was lech but nothing worse and one was based on something I thought I had read on another thread here but I'd be more than happy to admit I'm wrong.

I didn't intend to tar all posters with the same brush.

If you look back through the thread, certain contributors seem to have just posted lists of names - no back-story, no explanation of why they've nominated them, just naming names for the sake of naming names, as if guilty by association.

Anyway, apologies if I've offended you.

If it includes old timers that are dead, I'd nominate jack hargreaves ? was it ?

Did a show in the 70's , basically an old timer with beard telling you how to catch and skin moles etc, whilst smoking a pipe.

Great programme, they should bring it back.

This post has outraged me.

If it includes old timers that are dead, I'd nominate jack hargreaves ? was it ?

Did a show in the 70's , basically an old timer with beard telling you how to catch and skin moles etc, whilst smoking a pipe.

Why?

The programme was,I think, called Out of Town and it was on Sundays in and around the time when something even more boring used to be on called All our Yesterdays ( which was about WW2) I think the programme lasted longer than the fuggin war too.

I believe Jack Hargreaves was also a director of the then Southern TV franchise.

That, just about, sums up Sunday TV in the 1970s , Morning service, Out of Town, some tit doing DIY ( Mike somebody?) Alias Smith and Jones, The High Chapperal and Follyfoot.

I now feel mega old.

PS: He never skinned any moles but he did a lot of ploughing and showed us his tools in his fake shed.

I feel cheated if he didn't skin moles.....that's my childhood memories you've fecked...:(

Can't even trap them nowadays ...

I believe he was the inspiration for Bob Fleming in the Fast Show.

I feel cheated if he didn't skin moles.....that's my childhood memories you've fecked... :(

Can't even trap them nowadays ...

Oh yes you can! At least, I know a man who does .... ;)

Coff....should've said legally coff.......

Grew up on a few of my aunties farms, trapping moles and shooting birds were the fun parts. Along with badgers, foxes, beavers and a pikey in the arse at 200 yards if you were good enough.

Salad days.........

Why?

The programme was,I think, called Out of Town and it was on Sundays in and around the time when something even more boring used to be on called All our Yesterdays ( which was about WW2) I think the programme lasted longer than the fuggin war too.

I believe Jack Hargreaves was also a director of the then Southern TV franchise.

That, just about, sums up Sunday TV in the 1970s , Morning service, Out of Town, some tit doing DIY ( Mike somebody?) Alias Smith and Jones, The High Chapperal and Follyfoot.

I now feel mega old.

PS: He never skinned any moles but he did a lot of ploughing and showed us his tools in his fake shed.

Surely The High Chapperal and Alis Smith & Jones were Mondays? Sunday TV in the 70s - The Big Match (Hugh Johns or Brian Moore, possibly Gerald Sinstadt, depending on region), boring old film, possibly starring Gina Lollobrigida, early evening news, The Golden Shot, The Flaxton Boys, Stars on Sunday, On the Buses/Doctor in The House, slightly less boring old film, possibly starring Marlon Brando, bath, then bed.

You may be right but I could have sworn that they were on Sunday afternoons because the whole family used to watch them. Mind you, its over 40 years ago now and i was just a young lad or summat....

To try and find out, I found this...http://tvlistings.thetvroomplus.com/?id=2:ca

Blimey, some of the schedules on there has woken some memories!!

You may be right but I could have sworn that they were on Sunday afternoons because the whole family used to watch them. Mind you, its over 40 years ago now and i was just a young lad or summat....

To try and find out, I found this...http://tvlistings.th...us.com/?id=2:ca

Blimey, some of the schedules on there has woken some memories!!

interesting, though I can't find a Sunday schedule (yet). There does seem to be a strange program called 'Closedown' every night though! I seem to remember the AS&J & HC were 8pm BBC2 mondays, though I could be wrong ( I was a kid too back then).

I'd just like to point out that lots of people had dodgy pullovers/beards/hair/wigs in the 70s (and other decades).

This is (in my opinion) the most puerile, pointless thread currently in existence on this (and probably many other) forum/a

Its like a load of kids in the school playground pointing at another kid and calling him names.

By all means, have a serious discussion about who is and isn't a sexual predator; talk about how surprised we all were about Stuart Hall, and how surprised we weren't about Jimmy Savile, but can we do away with the 'so-and-so' must be a paedo because he had dodgy hair and worked on a kids TV show?

Rant over.

Hold on a minute. Not everyone on this thread has mentioned names based solely on "ooh bad perm" or "oh he wears a tasteless jumper".

Of the names I referred to, one was based on having met him, and while I think he is a lech and nothing more, it wouldn't surprise me to hear other people put forward his name if only to jump on the bandwagon, one was based on something a good friend of mine told me about her older sister's encounter with the chap when she worked at Jersey airport, again the consensus was lech but nothing worse and one was based on something I thought I had read on another thread here but I'd be more than happy to admit I'm wrong.

If you look back through the thread, certain contributors seem to have just posted lists of names - no back-story, no explanation of why they've nominated them, just naming names for the sake of naming names, as if guilty by association.

Accepted

Rant over.

Accepted

:)

Ronnie Barker,his son has got form

He died nearly eight years ago, you thick twat.

What the fuck has happened to this forum?

Its now infested with the kind of shite that throw their old sofas out onto the street outside their "social housing" tenement.

This thread typifies why the fucking place is more shit than its ever been, its not even subtle or clever.

I mean, it wasnt even me that used to whinge about post quality, those that did must be slitting their wrists as we speak.

• Like 3

Its now infested with the kind of shite that throw their old sofas out onto the street outside their "social housing" tenement.

This thread typifies why the fucking place is more shit than its ever been, its not even subtle or clever.

I mean, it wasnt even me that used to whinge about post quality, those that did must be slitting their wrists as we speak.

Erm, maybe he just meant... that he'll be posthumously alleged to be a perv. Y'know, like John Peel or Jim Davidson.

Erm, maybe he just meant... that he'll be posthumously alleged to be a perv. Y'know, like John Peel or Jim Davidson.

Um, Jim Davidson is still alive, unless I missed something?

Maybe, if that's what he meant, he could have written that.

I'm crap at mind reading.

It doesnt matter, it was a shit post on a shit thread.

• Like 2

Sir Jimmy was brown bread and it all came out,so why not Ronnie Barker??? I also nominated Tony Hart in an earlier post and you didnt call me a thick twat then you did you???

Sir Jimmy was brown bread and it all came out,so why not Ronnie Barker??? I also nominated Tony Hart in an earlier post and you didnt call me a thick twat then you did you???

I didnt call you a thick twat then because I didnt read your post, infact, i make a pretty good job of avoiding your posts because, as a rule, they are utter wank.

Nominate whoever you like fella, to you, this thread is the Baftas for paedophilia and its quite possibly the only thread that you are able to exercise your brain to.

If it keeps you amused and all that.

I think this thread has run its course now.

• Like 1