Book

Club 27

4 hours ago, Toast said:

Yes, here is the place for general discussion.

But if you want to start a competition based around 27 Club you might want to make a separate thread for it in Dead Pools.

I'd like to start a new thread competition but I'm afraid to be banned because of my… past with the thread creation :P

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Fucking hell, they don't have a great track record in starting threads Toastie.

Don't encourage them.:D

I wouldn't have, but Biblio had already suggested it. 

15 minutes ago, Cant Wait said:

The cause of death was suicide. 

There is no such cause of death

• Like 1

Just now, bladan said:

There is no such cause of death

Oops, thank you for correcting my mistake.

2 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

As someone who has watched all 9 seasons of AHS he is no “star”........

In fact, just checked and he was credited as “Boy” in ONE episode, gotta love journalism!

• Haha 4

Today marks the day Miley Cyrus escaped the 27-club by turning 28....

• Like 1

Justin Bieber is 27 today.....

one can hope...

• Thanks 1

Had to be - AI let loose on 27 Club star members and creating "new" songs. 

Anyone hereabouts know the legal situation if I (or anyone else in radio) unleashes these on their adoring listeners. 

Link (with tracks to hear incl. new Cobain song): https://consequence.net/2021/04/nirvana-drowned-in-the-sun-ai-song-google-software/?fbclid=IwAR073cDxA3LnJig-IlpEo5cUk6cqe20bFncVPP1DZ6EtRLfpm00cCI8Pbd0

As mentioned in the dead of 2022 thread.

15 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Jack Jeffery who was a prof rugby player has died aged 27 after getting injured on the pitch. (ITV News)

Hadn't realised until I read it in a book today that a  probable 27 Club member is Matthew Hopkins, England's notorious and briefly prolific Witchfinder General - date of birth uncertain but the sources prepared to made educated guesses on the mystery of his early life place him as around 27 years old on death in 1647

800px-Matthew_Hopkins,_Witch-finder._Wel

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Hadn't realised until I read it in a book today that a  probable 27 Club member is Matthew Hopkins, England's notorious and briefly prolific Witchfinder General - date of birth uncertain but the sources prepared to made educated guesses on the mystery of his early life place him as around 27 years old on death in 1647

That has surprised me.

I knew he was quite young when he set out, box of matches in one hand, can of petrol in the other but I had no idea he had such a short, albeit, productive career.

38 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

I had it in my head that Michael Reeves, director of classic horror Witchfinder General, also died at 27, but he only made it to 25. 

• Like 1

In today's crop of downloads for the busy DJ on a highly obscure show was this banger, pertinent to this thread, or summat: 

50 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

In today's crop of downloads for the busy DJ on a highly obscure show was this banger, pertinent to this thread, or summat: 

Although my Spanish is a bit rusty, I’m guessing they aren’t bemoaning the unnaturally early deaths of Pete Ham, Chris Bell and the thin one out of Canned Heat?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Although my Spanish is a bit rusty, I’m guessing they aren’t bemoaning the unnaturally early deaths of Pete Ham, Chris Bell and the thin one out of Canned Heat?

Yeah, you might be right - I'm assuming Canned Heat, if you're citing the classic American blues rockers translates in Spanish as "Canned Heat" and I can't hear that anywhere!

Basketball player, morning anchor for news 9 Wisconsin Neena Pacholke joins the club. Not really famous as far as I know, but got obituaries from the NY Post, US Sun and TMZ.

3 hours ago, arghton said:

Basketball player, morning anchor for news 9 Wisconsin Neena Pacholke joins the club. Not really famous as far as I know, but got obituaries from the NY Post, US Sun and TMZ.

And the Metro, i.e. would have scored in the DDP. Quite unbelievable, but then she was very young, and it was likely suicide.

4 hours ago, arghton said:

She committed suicide 

• Like 1