Spade_Cooley

US Ensemble Dramas/HBO Box Set Shows

Yep, it's your all-purpose themaninblack-baiting thread to discuss potential cadavers that popped up in The Sopranos, The West Wing, The Wire, Mad Men, Oz, Deadwood, The Shield, Breaking Bad (if you're a pleb who thinks that's an intelligent show) et al. If Ginny Sack carking it gets a Daily Mail obituary, we can probably assume anyone who had a named role on these shows is DDP eligible.

Dominic Chianese paying tribute to James Gandolfini is one of those things that just looks weird, like when you saw the Queen Mum at Princess Di's funeral.

• Like 1

Took the thought right out of my brain, Spade. The Hollywood Possibilities thread veered straight into different territory and needs the appropriate thread. I would have went with the title Amoral Bastards/Douchebags and the moderators can retrospectively start off with the Guardian's version of Elvis carking it...

Robert Morse who plays Bertram Cooper on Mad Men is 82

Just based on age he might die in the next few years

Someone I think also is highly possible is Jeffrey Jones who was on the series Deadwood but is mostly famous for playing the principal from Ferris Bueller. The guy's career is non existent now and he has been a registered sex offender since 2003.

Yeah, Robert Morse was definitely someone I was thinking about when starting this thread, his role on the show has basically been reduced to sitting down and having one line an episode this season.

Let's not forget the Sopranos actors who are now in prison: Lillio Brancato (Matthew Bevilaqua) is current doing ten years for killing a policeman during a botched robbery; Tony Darrow (Larry Boy Barese) is doing three years after it was revealed he was a member of the Gambino Crime Family and involved in extortion; and Robert Iler (AJ Soprano), who committed armed robbery during the show's run, has done nothing of note since the show ended other than be part of the underground poker club bust that was briefly a showbiz story a few years ago.

Admin/Mods/Someone/Anyone -

Please fix the capitalisation on this thread title before my head explodes

(or change to 'Our Ensemble Dramas/hobnob box set shows')

Thanks.

Edited by Magere Hein
Done

Yeah, Robert Morse was definitely someone I was thinking about when starting this thread, his role on the show has basically been reduced to sitting down and having one line an episode this season.

Let's not forget the Sopranos actors who are now in prison: Lillio Brancato (Matthew Bevilaqua) is current doing ten years for killing a policeman during a botched robbery; Tony Darrow (Larry Boy Barese) is doing three years after it was revealed he was a member of the Gambino Crime Family and involved in extortion; and Robert Iler (AJ Soprano), who committed armed robbery during the show's run, has done nothing of note since the show ended other than be part of the underground poker club bust that was briefly a showbiz story a few years ago.

I'm nominally all in favour of role research and getting into character, but I think even Daniel Day Lewis would draw the line there! I would imagine that Steven R. Schirippa (Bobby Bacala) and Vincent Pastore (Salvatore 'Big Pussy' Bonpensiero) are potential heart attack candidates...

• Like 1

Another Sopranos regular worth keeping an eye on is Jerry Adler (Hesh), b. 1929

Guest Waitress

Lena Dunham is fat don't forget about her

Lena Dunham is fat don't forget about her

Still, you would.

I mean, both fuck and murder her.

Christopher Evans Welch dead at 48. He played Grant Test on the short lived spy drama Rubicon a hobnob favorite.

He was the prototypical guy in dozens of mainstream movies and tv shows you still couldn't pick out of a line up. Other tv roles include The Sopranos,Law & Order,Law & Order Criminal Intent,Elementary,The Good Wife etc.

^^^^ more importantly , Tails, in sonic the hedgehog.

Do Game of Thrones types go in here or do the bodrick community of this site want to claim them for one of the fantasy threads?

Anyway, Iain Glen, aka Ser Jorah Mormont, has had to pull out of theatre commitments due to a "mystery illness".

Guest Phoebo

Russell Johnston from Gilligans Island is dead. He was born Nov. 10 in the year 1924. Age related death most likely.

Russell Johnston from Gilligans Island is dead. He was born Nov. 10 in the year 1924. Age related death most likely.

No link?

No link?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/comment/obituaries/russell-johnson.23205886

Though I assume there was lots of links posted when he died, nearly 6 weeks ago.

On the subject of Game of Thrones I am suspecting that it is fantasy for people who don't like fantasy (especially the TV series) in the same way X-Files and Quantum Leap were science fiction for people who don't like science fiction.

Like how Eurovision is music for people who don't like music?

Guest Phoebo

Game Of Thrones is for people who like titties who don't realize thousands of them can be seen for free on internet.

Northern-Irish actor JJ Murphy died four days after shooting his first scenes for Game of Thrones. He was 86 (and I'm guessing that's not him in the photpgraph).

Melvin Williams, drug dealer, pistol whipper etc who appeared as The Deacon on The Wire has died at 73. http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/obituaries/bs-md-ob-melvin-williams-20151203-story.html

And now for something completely different:

Former Baltimore gangster Nathan Barksdale, who inspired several characters on The Wire including drug kingpin Avon Barksdale, died in federal medical prison in North Carolina, The Baltimore Sun reports. He was 54.

SC

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/nathan-barksdale-baltimore-drug-kingpin-wire-inspiration-dead-at-54-20160216

Dallas fall under this thread?

Too late, don't care.

Archie Lang at 95. Played Senator Lee I think.

Plus was in a heap of other shi things like Bonanza etc...

http://westernboothill.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/rip-archie-lang.html?m=1

• Like 1

Bill Backer, the advertising executive who created the "I'd Like To Teach the World to Sing" campaign before Don Draper, dead at 89.

• Like 1