Lewd_Squirrel

Stairway To Heaven/ Highway To Hell

1 hour ago, RobertMugabe said:

Never heard of him, not really into gay music

Is the army letting you listen to music?  They let you post online at least.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, deadsox said:

Is the army letting you listen to music?  They let you post online at least.

They let him go to university at a graduation ceremony. Actually I think they forced him to go as a punishment, but that's only my personal opinion...

1 minute ago, drol said:

They let him go to university at a graduation ceremony. Actually I think they forced him to go as a punishment, but that's only my personal opinion...

The doddery old prick fell asleep as well.Thought he would be glad of the day release.

Everyone without their own microstate and a harem full of subservient women, like Fela Kuti, is a total faggot.

On 12/9/2016 at 20:18, msc said:

Iommi is OK for now but in cheery mood:

“To me, it’s never gonna go away; it’s always gonna be there,” he continued about his cancer diagnosis. “According to my oncologist, the professor, he said it’s probably gonna come back. So it’s hard to sort of go, ‘Oh, well, that’s brilliant then.’ But I do live [day] by day now, and just every day is a winner, really. And we’ll see. I hope it doesn’t come back, but you never know.”
Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/music/black-sabbath-tony-iommi-cancer-probably-come-back-2155329#krKfSF37rclSiyIy.99

Cherry Taketani, guitarist of Brzilian metal acts Hellsakura and Nervochaos has passed away yesterday after being hospitalized since November the 22nd when she was diagnosed with cancer.

Not sure if I remember listening to anything by them, but the name definitely seem familiar. Sad either way. :rip:

10 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

Doesn't really belong in this thread as the Smithereens were not hard rock/metal. Great band though, and this is sad news. 

No cause given as yet. DiNizio had arm and hand problems in recent years so I'm wondering if he's done a Keith Emerson. 

The Smithereens in THIS thread?  LMAO

3 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

Damn.  R.I.P. Sanctuary and Nevermore are both great bands. Also, MetalSucks reported his age as 48 but he was 56.

I have the first Sanctuary album....on cassette!  Oy vey.  
RIP

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I have the first Sanctuary album....on cassette!  Oy vey.  
RIP

Oh fuck yeah! Cassette or vinyl the way to go imo.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

Oh fuck yeah! Cassette or vinyl the way to go imo.

LOL well I'm not going to pontificate, but suffice to say I have about 120 of the damn things I can't seem to part with.    Everything from PIL's 'Happy' to Skinny Puppy's 'Cleanse, Fold, and Manipulate', and everything in between....which is where Sanctuary lies haha.

SC

• Like 1

Not like anybody picked him in any dead pools this year, but the fact that Pat DiNizio has yet to receive a QO does surprise me somewhat. I would’ve expected something from the Guardian by now tbh...

6 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Not like anybody picked him in any dead pools this year, but the fact that Pat DiNizio has yet to receive a QO does surprise me somewhat. I would’ve expected something from the Guardian by now tbh...

He got a Metro obit, as well as a Daily Mail AP obit.

I wouldn't rule out a Guardian obit, sometimes they take a few days to cover the more 'obscure' deaths, like DiNizio might be considered in the UK.

21 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

Rev. Jim Forrester, current bassist for Foghound and Serpents of Secrecy and a co-founder of Maryland-based heavy rockers Sixty Watt Shaman was shot outside Baltimore Tattoo Museum, where he worked.

http://theobelisk.net/obelisk/2017/12/19/jim-forrester-rip/

LOL well that was a bit of a chock....you simply said he was shot, and the link doesn't suggest anything else....but open it up and it says RIP lol so 'shot and killed' is what the poor Reverend was.

Chris Tsangarides, a record producer who has worked with artists such as Judas Priest, Helloween, Tragically Hip, Concrete Blonde, Thin Lizzy, and even Depeche Mode, has died aged 61 of pneumonia and heart failure. He also played guitar with the British metal band More.

Japanese Pop-Metal act Babymetal has lost on if it's guitarists - Mikio Fujioka.