Lewd_Squirrel

Stairway To Heaven/ Highway To Hell

Troy Blakely, a talent agent who represented and singed artists at companies DMA and APA (among other companies) such as Fleetwood Mac, Ted Nugent, Sammy Hagar, The Black Crowes and Robert Plant, has died of cancer aged 68

This next one was posted in the Ideas for 2019 thread but should be put here too, IMO.

Glenn Tipton, one of the guitarists of heavy metal legends Judas Priest, will not be touring in support of their new album, Firepower, slated for release in March 2018. The reason is Parkinson's disease. He was originally diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease in 2008. Tipton will continue to record for the band. Former Sabbat guitarist Andy Sneap will be filling in for Tipton on this tour.

Tipton should absolutely be mentioned here. 
Blakely OTOH hasn't a goddamned thing to do with this thread.  It is for metal bands -- only -- in case the title didn't give it away.  So what "Fleetwood Mac, Ted Nugent, Sammy Hagar, The Black Crowes and Robert Plant" have to do with the price of tea in China I do not know.

SC

Not to mention there is a lively discussion elsewhere about bands/people 'no longer touring' that started this past week, and had I been able to open DL website on my phone (strangely, it' the ONLY site I can't open in an area with a weak signal), I'd have put Tipton's announcement there.
SC

20 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Tipton should absolutely be mentioned here. 
Blakely OTOH hasn't a goddamned thing to do with this thread.  It is for metal bands -- only -- in case the title didn't give it away.  So what "Fleetwood Mac, Ted Nugent, Sammy Hagar, The Black Crowes and Robert Plant" have to do with the price of tea in China I do not know.

SC

Er, "Stairway To Heaven" ?

Sammy Hagar was metal to an extent, too. But keep in mind those were only a few of many that he represented. And eh, rock musicians can be posted here cuz why not?

2 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

Sammy Hagar was metal to an extent, too. But keep in mind those were only a few of many that he represented. And eh, rock musicians can be posted here cuz why not?

Plus, he has a song called Heavy Metal, I believe. & It was even on the Heavy Metal soundtrack. :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Toast said:

Er, "Stairway To Heaven" ?

Heaven's to murgatroyd, he'll want to ban Rolf Harris next!

Julie "Jules" Keskin-Lanfeld, lead singer of American hardcore punk band Sin 34, Died April 5th, according to the bands Facebook any many more sources.

Here's a picture of Julie performing while Fat Mike from NOFX watches (before he became, y'know, Fat Mike.) Mike is the short man to the right of the picture

20180408_083227.png

A fundraising campaign has been launched for former MALEVOLENT CREATION frontman Brett Hoffman, who was recently diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer.

The GoFundMe page is asking for donations to cover his "medical expenses and treatments."
SC

Bit of a shame that people in most death metal bands will never obit tbh...

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Bit of a shame that people in most death metal bands will never obit tbh...

That coupled with he seems like he is ok for at least a few months were reasons I went ahead and posted.  I almost never hold a name back but this one I considered for a minute.  Then...what you said.
SC

On 8-4-2018 at 15:34, FixedBusiness said:

Julie "Jules" Keskin-Lanfeld, lead singer of American hardcore punk band Died April 5th, according to the bands Facebook any many more sources.

Here's a picture of Julie performing while Fat Mike from NOFX watches (before he became, y'know, Fat Mike.) Mike is the short man to the right of the picture

20180408_083227.png

Which band?

17 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

Which band?

You don't know "Died April 5th"?

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

Sorry to say that Sir Creep beat you to it in this thread...

9 hours ago, Whitehouse said:

Which band?

Whoops, forgot to put the band name. It's Sin 34. Apologies 

8 hours ago, gcreptile said:

You don't know "Died April 5th"?

Aye that'd make a good band name tbh

Could be our house band.

On 1/9/2018 at 10:01, ObakeFilter said:

Japanese Pop-Metal act Babymetal has lost on if it's guitarists - Mikio Fujioka.

Guitarist for Babymetal, Yui Mizuno (aka Yuimetal) missed a few shows in December due to 'illness' and is again missing the current leg of the band's tour of the States.  People seemed to be more concerned with whether Yui is going to continue as a member of the band rather than as a member of the living for years to come.  Anyway, passing the info on.

SC

(Edit:  I mean one of the vocalists, not guitarist.  Got caught up with the previous post I reckon).

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Guitarist for Babymetal, Yui Mizuno (aka Yuimetal) missed a few shows in December due to 'illness' and is again missing the current leg of the band's tour of the States.  People seemed to be more concerned with whether Yui is going to continue as a member of the band rather than as a member of the living for years to come.  Anyway, passing the info on.

SC

Not guitarist, you mean one of the vocalists.

• Thanks 1

On 30/01/2018 at 15:46, Sir Creep said:

Guy Marchais, best known as the former guitarist for Suffocation, has been diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma, a rare form of blood cancer affecting the body's immune system. His illness is considered one of the most curable types of cancer, but will require him to undergo extensive testing, as well as expensive procedures like chemotherapy (and potentially, radiation treatment). Marchais' family have since launched a GoFundMe drive to help offset the $100,000 price tag for his upcoming treatment plan, which is not entirely covered by health insurance.
SC

Ex-Suffocation guitarist Guy Marchais is selling a custom guitar to pay for his chemo.