Lewd_Squirrel

Stairway To Heaven/ Highway To Hell

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 15:49, FixedBusiness said:

Former Iron Maiden vocalist Paul Di'Anno going through "hell" waiting for knee replacement.

Having the procedure done in Michigan, who knew?

Helllll.jpg

• Haha 2

I'm seeing reports on Instagram saying Roky Erickson, a psychedelic rock pioneer, has passed away. We'll see.

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, FixedBusiness said:

I'm seeing reports on Instagram saying Roky Erickson, a psychedelic rock pioneer, has passed away. We'll see.

Looks to be true

(Norwegian) Brutus, not to be confused with a similary named Belgian group, has lost it's vocalist, Nils Joakim Stenby.

• Sad 1

Nature Ganganbaigel of Chinese/New York folk metal group Tengger Cavalry has died. No cause of death hds been revealed, but seeing as hes has battles with depression, my guess is suicide.

One day into the annual trek to the Ramblin' Man Festival (which always has some hard living rockers of advanced years on the bill) I can report everyone looks healthy enough to be a bad pick. Generally having a good time but I'll steal myself to report anyone who looks a decent 2020 pick. To be fair to the organisers there's nobody more grizzled than Foreigner on the bill so they've not gone into the same territory as last year when they unearthed the living fossils who could - just about - claim to be Mott the Hoople.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

One day into the annual trek to the Ramblin' Man Festival (which always has some hard living rockers of advanced years on the bill) I can report everyone looks healthy enough to be a bad pick. Generally having a good time but I'll steal myself to report anyone who looks a decent 2020 pick. To be fair to the organisers there's nobody more grizzled than Foreigner on the bill so they've not gone into the same territory as last year when they unearthed the living fossils who could - just about - claim to be Mott the Hoople.

Foreigner are also headlining Rewind Scotland tonight, so they must have some stamina left.

Speaking of which and slightly O/T, I saw Grace Jones at Blackheath Festival last Sunday, and she really is phenomenal.  It's almost impossible to believe that she's 71, she could pass for half her age. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

All the old dudes

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Toast said:

Foreigner are also headlining Rewind Scotland tonight, so they must have some stamina left.

Speaking of which and slightly O/T, I saw Grace Jones at Blackheath Festival last Sunday, and she really is phenomenal.  It's almost impossible to believe that she's 71, she could pass for half her age. 

Aye, the big debate amongst my little coterie of mates yesterday was what to do at 9-00 tonight. The main stage gets the whole site to itself for the last act so our options are watch Foreigner or walk home and miss the rush. Current betting is get a final drink and watch them from a distance. If it's doing nowt for us by the end of said pint we'll take an early swerve. Yesterday I got mosh pit close for Polish proggers Riverside - both my mates bailed as it became obvious I was the only one who rated them! We all rated Robert Jon and the Wreck (outlaw country stage), Anathema (prog stage) and Black Stone Cherry closing the main stage

So, we stayed and watched Foreigner - BIG show, milked all the hits. Can't say I spotted a single ageing rocker I'd pick for next year. That said; 74 year old Foreigner founder Mick Jones doesn't exactly look to be ageing that well. I mean, if you saw him dressed down in the corner of a café you'd think him kindly old grandad, or summat. Never-the-less he was lined up at the encore declaring himself "hot and ready" with the rest of the band.

67061218_1775294922617265_51820464482916

I bet he's looking for a mercyful fate right now.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:
I bet he's looking for a mercyful fate right now.

Who?  ;)

21 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

Seriously?  A grown ass man calling himself Timi?

On 04/08/2019 at 21:13, Sir Creep said:

Seriously?  A grown ass man calling himself Timi?

He's Danish, it's his real name. Although he used to go by the name Timi Grabber.

6 hours ago, Deathray said:

He's Danish, it's his real name. Although he used to go by the name Timi Grabber.

Christ...he can't catch a break.