Lewd_Squirrel

Stairway To Heaven/ Highway To Hell

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Oh aye, just seen it and - ahem - shared the love on the DDP thread. Amazed I snagged him as a unique pick tbh since he was known to be bedridden. Fair play to the Telegraph, he's characterful and eclectic enough to be one of theirs regardless of how many DT readers are regularly slamming to a cherished copy of any original Pink Fairies album and/or a copy of Live Stiffs

On 28/09/2019 at 09:41, gcreptile said:

He's the Metallica who most rates classic AC/DC, right?

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

Former Foreigner frontman Lou Gramm hospitalised for several severe issues:

https://www.loudersound.com/news/former-foreigner-frontman-lou-gramm-hospitalised-in-new-york

A year late...or indeed a year early...for my theme team. Come on Lou, just a few more months then I'll know what love is...

Gonna turn cold as ice, eh?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Gonna turn cold as ice, eh?

Someday he'll pay the price, I know.

9 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Someday he'll pay the price, I know.

Is he willing to sacrifice?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

Is he willing to sacrifice?

So, anyway - Foreigner were surprisingly good in a crowd-pleasing but basically meaningless kind of way when headlining Ramblin' Man last year.

I posted a photo at the time of Mick Jones - founder - truly looking his age and not playing the full set.

On Monday, September 30, 2019 at 19:33, alt obits guy said:

Richard Brunelle, a former guitarist with the band Morbid Angel, has died.  He was 55.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/r-p-richard-brunelle-former-195658977.html

David Vincent of Morbid Angel took over from Lemmy in The Head Cat playing alongside Danny B.Harvey (Rockats) and Slim Jim Phantom (Stray Cats).

Since the head part of the band name was from Motorhead, I suggested they change the name to Morbid Cat. 

They politely rejected the suggestion

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Phantom said:

I suggested they change the name to Morbid Cat....

.... and instead went with Stray Angel.

On Thursday, October 03, 2019 at 23:16, Sir Creep said:

.... and instead went with Stray Angel.

No, they kept it as Head Cat.

Few weeks back, avoided mention.

Sad news to report as former Clutch keyboardist Mick Schauer has passed away. Clutch have memorialized their friend online, sharing that he helped the band evolve during the 2000s.

Schauer’s playing can be heard on 2005’s Robot Hive/Exodus and 2007’s From Beale Street to Oblivion. Along with your typical keyboard, Schauer was often credited with playing left-of-center instruments such as the Hammand Organ, Hohner Clavinet and Wurlitzer Electric Piano. Schauer also performed on Clutch’s 2008 live DVD, Full Fathom Five.  Outside of Clutch, Schauer played on Earthride’s Vampire Circus and the Bakerton Group’s 2007 self-titled album.

SC

On 04/05/2019 at 12:34, msc said:

BBC give well traveled Sensational Alex Harvey Band guitarist Zal Cleminson an interview on his 70th birthday.

Interesting and of interest to locals, but hes nowhere near death, so into "cool online things" it goes.

For folk with good music taste, am afraid Zal Cleminson (Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Nazareth) is not well. Two months ago he announced he was retiring from touring for a number of health reasons. He was due to have one more gig nearby here in Glasgow in a few weeks as his farewell. That has now been cancelled on health grounds too. Watch this space, I guess.

4 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

John Mann, the lead singer of the Canadian band 'Spirit of the West', has died.  He was 57.  Mann had been suffering from Alzheimers since 2014.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/spirit-of-the-west-s-john-mann-dead-1.5367381

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tepxOAEBIE

I'm not usually one to complain about choice of thread,  but hard rock/metal? More like alternative folk/Celtic rock. Spirit of the West were one of my favorite bands in the 90s, and I still play them from time to time when I need a pick me up. Save This House will stand the test of time for decades. Brilliant stuff. Such a shitty way to go for a wonderful and honorable front man. 

YPPI2Q6DAz4CohnPDD.gif

• Like 1

On 19/11/2019 at 09:08, msc said:

For folk with good music taste, am afraid Zal Cleminson (Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Nazareth) is not well. Two months ago he announced he was retiring from touring for a number of health reasons. He was due to have one more gig nearby here in Glasgow in a few weeks as his farewell. That has now been cancelled on health grounds too. Watch this space, I guess.

Aw man, no-o-o-o

Saw him at A New Day this year and he was really good live.

Actually met him and discussed guitars with him many years back, decent bloke all round

Not a great year forthe Pink Fairies - after Larry Wallis' death it seems Duncan "Sandy" Sanderson is also dead (20 Nov according to Wikipedia)

• Sad 2

Doug Lubahn, who played the bass on many of The Doors recording is dead at 71

• Sad 3

12 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Doug Lubahn, who played the bass on many of The Doors recording is dead at 71

Aw man - the nearest thing they had to a proper bass player - actually turned them down to stay with Clear Light; he's all over Strange Days and Waiting for the Sun and across a lot of The Soft Parade too